Katie Hopkins

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
Rout
International

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Rout » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:16 pm

When all else fails, resort to personal insults.

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:33 pm

Umm you will of course have noticed that he called my post "shit" (probably because he doesn't have a clue what I was referring to). So I responded in kind.

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Well actually he called Nikki's post shit. And that's not a personal insult either.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:52 pm

NvH wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:12 pm
How is it a shit post? Of course I have no remorse. I have never owned or transported any slaves.

I'm just trying to explain how the world has always worked. Whoever had the most power at the time, whether it be the Muslims, Europeans or Americans have abused that power and subjugated others.

But I'll confess, I have no shame about slavery. I'd be more ashamed if we were so weak and technologically backwards that we were enslaved by others ;)

Sorry, but that's the response your comments deserve. Your stupidity isn't limited to darts alone, it seems.
Oh dear, It's you who are the silly sausage, you have no shame? Having no shame about slavery just about sums you up, you belong in the neolithic age, your selfish views have no place in a modern progressive society, I feel sorry for you.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:52 pm
NvH wrote:
How is it a shit post? Of course I have no remorse. I have never owned or transported any slaves.

I'm just trying to explain how the world has always worked. Whoever had the most power at the time, whether it be the Muslims, Europeans or Americans have abused that power and subjugated others.

But I'll confess, I have no shame about slavery. I'd be more ashamed if we were so weak and technologically backwards that we were enslaved by others ;)

Sorry, but that's the response your comments deserve. Your stupidity isn't limited to darts alone, it seems.
Oh dear, It's you who are the silly sausage, you have no shame? Having no shame about slavery just about sums you up, you belong in the neolithic age, your selfish views have no place in a modern progressive society, I feel sorry for you.
Paddy, are you going to apologise for killing the very last dodo bird and for the 1st crusades?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:15 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
NvH wrote:

Ok now I know you're trolling. Anyone who calls themselves a progressive is usually anything but. Have you seen a YouTube show called The Young Turks? They call themselves progressives while pretending the Armenian genocide never happened and wanting people shut down for their views. When an ex-Muslim (or more liberal Muslims) speak out about their own or ex religion, they are abused by "progressives" for daring to educate the rest of us about the murkier side of their religion (forced marriage, honour killings, extra-judicial executions, murdering people at a rock concert in Paris or a pop concert in Manchester, demanding equal rights where they are a minority while giving no rights to minorities in majority Muslim countries, etc). But people like Ayaan Hirsi Ali are shut down. Why? When did the truth become offensive?

Progressives are the kind of people who see themselves as Liberals while trying at the same time to shut down anyone who is right of centre (or sometimes even left of centre if they said something about Islam which didn't mention that it was the "religion of peace" and "most feminist religion"). Why are your side so afraid? Is it because the left are very poor orators? That they debate with their heart rather than their brain? That they remember Thatcher vs Foot or Thatcher vs Kinnock and shudder at the intellectual chasm? I would never object to anyone speaking at my local university, no matter how dumb and left wing they were.

A liberal does not shut down debate. I'm more liberal than you and most of your ilk (if you really believe in what you're saying which, given your history, is not something I accept at face value - you pretend to hate the PDC and love the BDO on here but you're not quite the same off the forums, are you? ;)

Why would I have shame about slavery when I played no part in it? I doubt a single person on this forum has any shame about it, I just don't pretend to be some kind of caring and sharing saint. I'm selfish, sure, I do what's best for me and my family. So does everyone else.

The main point stands though, that slavery wasn't limited to the Atlantic. We aren't the only country with such a past. Why that caused any issue with you, I have no idea. The past has never changed so quickly, eh? ;)
Last edited by NvH on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:17 pm

Rout wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:45 pm
Well actually he called Nikki's post shit. And that's not a personal insult either.
If it wasn't a personal insult, neither was mine. It's not like I insulted his race, religion, sexuality, gender, family, etc.
Last edited by NvH on Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:21 pm

Rout wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:16 pm
When all else fails, resort to personal insults.
Oh and I offer plenty of information and some links to statistics to back up my points, but it's starting to feel like a waste of time. So, sure you can see some of my comments as personal insults if you wish, but you can't say I haven't tried to be reasonable in the discussions, even conceding a point or two if they're well made (and true).

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:44 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
NvH wrote:

Paddy, are you going to apologise for killing the very last dodo bird and for the 1st crusades?
No.....But you are missing the point, by admitting he feels no shame about the wrongs of slavery and blaming the slaves for being so stupid tells us clearly what sort of human being he is. I expect he also thinks the Jews were stupid for excepting free train transport to a holiday camp...... It's quite sickening.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:03 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:44 pm
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
NvH wrote:

No.....But you are missing the point, by admitting he feels no shame about the wrongs of slavery and blaming the slaves for being so stupid tells us clearly what sort of human being he is. I expect he also thinks the Jews were stupid for excepting free train transport to a holiday camp...... It's quite sickening.
Why should someone feel shame for something they had no part in and never profited from?
The transatlantic slave trade is a sad fact of history but is now used to convince anyone from the UK or USA, especially white people that they should bow their heads in shame whenever a black person references it or uses it as an excuse for all their woes, demands reparations etc.
I mentioned the Barbary slave trade but have never seen anyone from Africa apologise for their involvement, nor do I expect them to.
Do you still expect a German to apologise to any Jewish person they meet about the holocaust? Again even though most weren't born when it happened. Should the Italians apologise for roman empire? The North Africans for the byzantine empire? The moors? The turks? Exactly how long should we hold this grudge or have the supposed shame held over our heads?

The British are a large target as we colonised a quarter of the planet, we were brutal and committed terrible acts in the name of empire, but, that empire ended over a Generation ago and again you and I had no part in it. The son cannot be held accountable for the sins of the father, why does that not apply to us?
We ourselves were colonised, Anglo saxons, Danes, French all invaded and took over Briton, Celt or Pict land.
Do you expect every Frenchman to apologise for William the conqueror?

This is the absurdity of you lot and your 'woke' agenda, you care not for actual equality where everyone is treated equal you are more interested in being seen to be championing what you see are attacks upon minorities when in truth it's called life, shit happens to us all in equal measure but when we get turned down for a job it's tuf but if it happens to a minority its racism, sexism or homophobia.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 am

nikkiboy wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:03 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
NvH wrote:

Why should someone feel shame for something they had no part in and never profited from?
The transatlantic slave trade is a sad fact of history but is now used to convince anyone from the UK or USA, especially white people that they should bow their heads in shame whenever a black person references it or uses it as an excuse for all their woes, demands reparations etc.
I mentioned the Barbary slave trade but have never seen anyone from Africa apologise for their involvement, nor do I expect them to.
Do you still expect a German to apologise to any Jewish person they meet about the holocaust? Again even though most weren't born when it happened. Should the Italians apologise for roman empire? The North Africans for the byzantine empire? The moors? The turks? Exactly how long should we hold this grudge or have the supposed shame held over our heads?

The British are a large target as we colonised a quarter of the planet, we were brutal and committed terrible acts in the name of empire, but, that empire ended over a Generation ago and again you and I had no part in it. The son cannot be held accountable for the sins of the father, why does that not apply to us?
We ourselves were colonised, Anglo saxons, Danes, French all invaded and took over Briton, Celt or Pict land.

This is the absurdity of you lot and your 'woke' agenda, you care not for actual equality where everyone is treated equal you are more interested in being seen to be championing what you see are attacks upon minorities when in truth it's called life, shit happens to us all in equal measure but when we get turned down for a job it's tuf but if it happens to a minority its racism, sexism or homophobia.
But we did profit from it, our Empire was built on slave labour whether you were around or not at the time, we are still benefiting from the blood and sweat of others.......

On 3 August 1835, somewhere in the City of London, two of Europe’s most famous bankers came to an agreement with the chancellor of the exchequer. Two years earlier, the British government had passed the Slavery Abolition Act, which outlawed slavery in most parts of the empire. Now it was taking out one of the largest loans in history, to finance the slave compensation package required by the 1833 act. Nathan Mayer Rothschild and his brother-in-law Moses Montefiore agreed to loan the British government £15m, with the government adding an additional £5m later. The total sum represented 40% of the government’s yearly income in those days, equivalent to some £300bn today.

You might expect this so-called “slave compensation” to have gone to the freed slaves to redress the injustices they suffered. Instead, the money went exclusively to the owners of slaves, who were being compensated for the loss of what had, until then, been considered their property. Not a single shilling of reparation, nor a single word of apology, has ever been granted by the British state to the people it enslaved, or their descendants.

Today, 1835 feels so long ago; so far away. But if you are a British taxpayer, what happened in that quiet room affects you directly. Your taxes were used to pay off the loan, and the payments only ended in 2015. Generations of Britons have been implicated in a legacy of financial support for one of the world’s most egregious crimes against humanity.

The fact that you, and your parents, and their parents in turn, may have been paying for a huge slave-owner compensation package from the 1830s only came to public attention last month. The revelation came on 9 February, in the form of a tweet by HM Treasury: “ Millions of you have helped end the slave trade through your taxes. Did you know? In 1833, Britain used £20 million, 40% of its national budget, to buy freedom for all slaves in the Empire. The amount of money borrowed for the Slavery Abolition Act was so large that it wasn’t paid off until 2015. Which means that living British citizens helped pay to end the slave trade.”

From the 15th to the 19th centuries, more than 11 million shackled black captives were forcibly transported to the Americas, and unknown multitudes were lost at sea. Captives were often thrown overboard when they were too sick, or too strong-willed, or too numerous to feed. Those who survived the journey were dumped on the shores and sold to the highest bidder, then sold on again and again like financial assets. Mothers were separated from children, and husbands from wives, as persons were turned into property. Slaves were raped and lynched; their bodies were branded, flayed and mutilated. Many slave owners, in their diaries, manuals, newspaper writings and correspondence, readily admitted the punishments and violations they exacted on black people on the cane fields and in their homes. Take, for example, the unapologetic recollections of violence and predation that comprise the diary of Thomas Thistlewood, a British slave owner in Jamaica in the mid-1700s. Thistlewood recorded 3,852 acts of sexual intercourse with 136 enslaved women in his 37 years in Jamaica. In his 23 July 1756 entry, he described punishing a slave in the following manner: “Gave him a moderate whipping, pickled him well, made Hector shit in his mouth, immediately put a gag in it whilst his mouth was full and made him wear it 4 or 5 hours.”

The owners of slaves in British society were not just the super-rich. Recent research by historians at University College London has shown the striking diversity of the people who received compensation, from widows in York to clergymen in the Midlands, attorneys in Durham to glass manufacturers in Bristol. Still, most of the money ended up in the pockets of the richest citizens, who owned the greatest number of slaves. More than 50% of the total compensation money went to just 6% of the total number of claimants. The benefits of slave-owner compensation were passed down from generation to generation of Britain’s elite. Among the descendants of the recipients of slave-owner compensation is the former prime minister David Cameron.

So recapping, up to and including 2015 the elite have been benefiting from slave compensation paid for by the British tax payer, you really could not make this up........ Our country remembers and reimburses the slave owners but at the same time people like you and NvH wish to forget the actual victims.
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 am

Yes, yes, but should you swap your box on Deal or No Deal at the end if offered the swap, or not?

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:29 am

Ginge wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:27 am
Yes, yes, but should you swap your box on Deal or No Deal at the end if offered the swap, or not?
I bet you'd love Hector.......

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:30 am

I aint reading a thread full of essays ffs

Black Velvet
County Player

Post by Black Velvet » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:35 am

Ginge wrote:
Yes, if you understand probability.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 am
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

But we did profit from it, our Empire was built on slave labour whether you were around or not at the time, we are still benefiting from the blood and sweat of others.......

On 3 August 1835, somewhere in the City of London, two of Europe’s most famous bankers came to an agreement with the chancellor of the exchequer. Two years earlier, the British government had passed the Slavery Abolition Act, which outlawed slavery in most parts of the empire. Now it was taking out one of the largest loans in history, to finance the slave compensation package required by the 1833 act. Nathan Mayer Rothschild and his brother-in-law Moses Montefiore agreed to loan the British government £15m, with the government adding an additional £5m later. The total sum represented 40% of the government’s yearly income in those days, equivalent to some £300bn today.

You might expect this so-called “slave compensation” to have gone to the freed slaves to redress the injustices they suffered. Instead, the money went exclusively to the owners of slaves, who were being compensated for the loss of what had, until then, been considered their property. Not a single shilling of reparation, nor a single word of apology, has ever been granted by the British state to the people it enslaved, or their descendants.

Today, 1835 feels so long ago; so far away. But if you are a British taxpayer, what happened in that quiet room affects you directly. Your taxes were used to pay off the loan, and the payments only ended in 2015. Generations of Britons have been implicated in a legacy of financial support for one of the world’s most egregious crimes against humanity.

The fact that you, and your parents, and their parents in turn, may have been paying for a huge slave-owner compensation package from the 1830s only came to public attention last month. The revelation came on 9 February, in the form of a tweet by HM Treasury: “ Millions of you have helped end the slave trade through your taxes. Did you know? In 1833, Britain used £20 million, 40% of its national budget, to buy freedom for all slaves in the Empire. The amount of money borrowed for the Slavery Abolition Act was so large that it wasn’t paid off until 2015. Which means that living British citizens helped pay to end the slave trade.”

From the 15th to the 19th centuries, more than 11 million shackled black captives were forcibly transported to the Americas, and unknown multitudes were lost at sea. Captives were often thrown overboard when they were too sick, or too strong-willed, or too numerous to feed. Those who survived the journey were dumped on the shores and sold to the highest bidder, then sold on again and again like financial assets. Mothers were separated from children, and husbands from wives, as persons were turned into property. Slaves were raped and lynched; their bodies were branded, flayed and mutilated. Many slave owners, in their diaries, manuals, newspaper writings and correspondence, readily admitted the punishments and violations they exacted on black people on the cane fields and in their homes. Take, for example, the unapologetic recollections of violence and predation that comprise the diary of Thomas Thistlewood, a British slave owner in Jamaica in the mid-1700s. Thistlewood recorded 3,852 acts of sexual intercourse with 136 enslaved women in his 37 years in Jamaica. In his 23 July 1756 entry, he described punishing a slave in the following manner: “Gave him a moderate whipping, pickled him well, made Hector shit in his mouth, immediately put a gag in it whilst his mouth was full and made him wear it 4 or 5 hours.”

The owners of slaves in British society were not just the super-rich. Recent research by historians at University College London has shown the striking diversity of the people who received compensation, from widows in York to clergymen in the Midlands, attorneys in Durham to glass manufacturers in Bristol. Still, most of the money ended up in the pockets of the richest citizens, who owned the greatest number of slaves. More than 50% of the total compensation money went to just 6% of the total number of claimants. The benefits of slave-owner compensation were passed down from generation to generation of Britain’s elite. Among the descendants of the recipients of slave-owner compensation is the former prime minister David Cameron.

So recapping, up to and including 2015 the elite have been benefiting from slave compensation paid for by the British tax payer, you really could not make this up........ Our country remembers and reimburses the slave owners but at the same time people like you and NvH wish to forget the actual victims.
Someone has been busy copy and pasting.....

Unfortunately you have completely missed the whole point which is quite simply - how much have YOU benefited from slavery and what involvement did YOU have in it?

On the subject of the compensation if you had done some fuller research rather than copy and paste you would know that the act failed to pass previously in the commons and the anti slavery lobby had to agree to compensation packages to slave owners and concessions such as 6 year "apprenticeships" for some slaves rather than immediate release, this was the only way they would ever get it through the commons and importantly the lords.
It was a hard swallow for Wilberforce and the abolitionists but it got the job done against immense pressure from the pro slavery lobby.

The problem with you woke lot is you pick parts of history and ignore what doesn't fit your agenda, you don't mention Wilberforce, you also don't mention the fact that Royal Navy freed hundreds of thousands of slaves by capturing the Portuguese/Spanish/US(run) slave ships and setting the people free, you forget the slave ports that the British blew up or the people they freed by force in the West Indies and West Africa, you also forget all the British soldiers that were killed whilst freeing slaves.

You lot go around telling all black kids that their life is shit because of the white man and slavery from 200 years ago, completely ignoring the other fact that most black people had no familial connection to the slave trade at all, whilst at the same time you tell white kids that they should be ashamed of something that happened hundreds of years before they were born and despite them having no money, no job and living on the cusp of poverty they benefit from white privilege when the facts show that young white boys are the most underprivileged section of our society.

I will say for the last time, we cannot change the past nor should we be held accountable for events we had no part in, the son should not be made to pay for the sins of the father.

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:52 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
NvH wrote:

Your post is what is sickening, thinking I'd have somehow enjoyed the holocaust. I have Jewish ancestry and am pro-Israel so you picked the wrong issue there ;)

NvH
The Ton Club

Post by NvH » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Ginge wrote:
Hahahaha that was a classic! Even some of the smarter members thought the odds were anything other than 50/50 with two boxes. How many of us actually knew what we were talking about? You, me, Wobblybob, Rout maybe?

The PDC need to set up an actual school alongside Q-school for darts fans.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:57 pm

NvH wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:52 pm
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
NvH wrote:

Your post is what is sickening, thinking I'd have somehow enjoyed the holocaust. I have Jewish ancestry and am pro-Israel so you picked the wrong issue there ;)
Don't start on me, I only commented on what you said "I'd be more ashamed if we were so weak and technologically backwards that we were enslaved by others" In your mind that only applies to Black people then?

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:03 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:20 am
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:25 am
nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Someone has been busy copy and pasting.....

Unfortunately you have completely missed the whole point which is quite simply - how much have YOU benefited from slavery and what involvement did YOU have in it?

On the subject of the compensation if you had done some fuller research rather than copy and paste you would know that the act failed to pass previously in the commons and the anti slavery lobby had to agree to compensation packages to slave owners and concessions such as 6 year "apprenticeships" for some slaves rather than immediate release, this was the only way they would ever get it through the commons and importantly the lords.
It was a hard swallow for Wilberforce and the abolitionists but it got the job done against immense pressure from the pro slavery lobby.

The problem with you woke lot is you pick parts of history and ignore what doesn't fit your agenda, you don't mention Wilberforce, you also don't mention the fact that Royal Navy freed hundreds of thousands of slaves by capturing the Portuguese/Spanish/US(run) slave ships and setting the people free, you forget the slave ports that the British blew up or the people they freed by force in the West Indies and West Africa, you also forget all the British soldiers that were killed whilst freeing slaves.

You lot go around telling all black kids that their life is shit because of the white man and slavery from 200 years ago, completely ignoring the other fact that most black people had no familial connection to the slave trade at all, whilst at the same time you tell white kids that they should be ashamed of something that happened hundreds of years before they were born and despite them having no money, no job and living on the cusp of poverty they benefit from white privilege when the facts show that young white boys are the most underprivileged section of our society.

I will say for the last time, we cannot change the past nor should we be held accountable for events we had no part in, the son should not be made to pay for the sins of the father.
Your last two paragraphs I agree with, but the rest is just right wing pish........... We only finished paying compensation to the slave traders in 2015, we have being giving cash to Slave traders descendants......does that sit well with you?

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”