Katie Hopkins

With separate forums for other sports, TV and films and General chat you can talk about whatever takes your fancy
Post Reply
Rout
International
Posts: 7823
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Rout » Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:22 pm

You couldn't make it up.

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 pm

J Y Kelly wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:28 am
NvH wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:19 am
Well done, Nick btw. You've taken these people to school.

There are so many myths that people just blindly swallow. Like women earning about 3/4 of what men do. Firstly, that doesn't take into account that we're not talking about the same job. Secondly, many more women (at the time of the study) were in part time work, etc.

Then you have the laughable notion of the "patriarchy", which was especially amusing when the head of state and PM were both ummm female.

Of course, the irony of people agreeing with feminism while defending Islam isn't lost on me.

Critical thinking should be taught in all schools so we don't get threads full of idiocy like this. Mind you, maths is compulsory until GCSE level and we still get crap like this.
This is the issue - the lack of existence of white male privilege is largely argued by white males who have clearly wasted that privilege and see people from other races or genders doing better than them and assume therefore that it doesn't exist.

It does. If you see black people or women in high office and claim that is evidence the white male privilege is a myth, rest assured that those people are much cleverer than you (and me) and have had to work much harder to achieve the same as their white male peers.

And if you are a straight white male, who feels like the world is against you because small steps have been taken to redress hundreds of years of systematic prejudice, then you deserve to be on the dole or twatting about in a call centre for 8 quid an hour as you're clearly a fekkin idiot.
Interesting how you mentioned hundreds of years of systematic prejudice, as if it didn't exist before then. Although people do have a habit of focusing on the Atlantic slave trade and the European empires. The Ottoman Empire gets very little mention, not withstanding the countless empires before that subjugated/wiped out other civilizations. Human history goes back much further than Vasco da Gama and Hernan Cortez, etc. Plenty of things could be "redressed" (but won't be).

What isn't quite so interesting, is why you responded to my post in such a manner. Did you actually read it? What's happened to you? Did you have an operation to remove half of your brain? I did not make a single claim about black people in high office. Although I certainly would need to see more evidence of white privilege before subscribing to your belief.

The only black person I can think of in high(ish) office who is considerably dumber than me is Diane Abbott, but that hardly makes me unique.
Last edited by NvH on Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Rout wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:24 pm
Just the 15 consecutive paragraphs, there.
You're an observant one, but strangely correct. I shouldn't have wasted time arguing with people whose knowledge and debating skills are so poor. Even JY Kelly has picked up the "dumb" bug. Must have been from reading Owen Jones, you know the guy who defended Venezuela as some kind of socialist paradise. It was one of the richest countries in South America, now the poorest. But Owen is still on TV on election night giving his (extremely) uninformed opinion.

I also recall him upset because people called an attack on a gay nightclub Islamic terrorism, which of course it was. We've all seen that footage of gay people being thrown off buildings in the Middle East after all.

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:22 pm

ILAD wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:58 pm
An autistic poster giving a smiley because someone commented about an autistic poster there.
I love it when the "autistic" line comes out - it's almost always when someone is being destroyed in an argument.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 pm

Luckily for our EDL brethren on this thread we have now had Brexit so we all now have new hospitals in every town and all those nasty foreigners have been sent home.

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Another silly strawman argument. I have never had anything but contempt for the EDL. I voted to remain, and consider myself a political moderate. I'd probably vote Liberal if they were truly a Liberal party these days instead of just Labour-lite. Where's Paddy Ashdown or David Lloyd George when you need them?

I do, unfortunately, believe in democracy and therefore my feelings are kinda irrelevant when it comes to leaving the EU. It's a poor choice for me for a number of reasons (not least being that the terms of rejoining will be FAR worse than what we had become used to). No more opting out of things we don't like. Pretty sure we'd have to adopt the Euro too.

But you know, Drupes, if I were a true right winger, I'd LOVE Islam. Because that's about the most illiberal, homophobic and misogynistic religion there is.

User avatar
ILAD
Superleague Player
Posts: 1291
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:02 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by ILAD » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:19 pm

NvH wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:22 pm
ILAD wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:58 pm
An autistic poster giving a smiley because someone commented about an autistic poster there.
I love it when the "autistic" line comes out - it's almost always when someone is being destroyed in an argument.
I wasn’t aware I was having any discussion/argument with you, so what I say stands.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

oche balboa
International
Posts: 12334
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by oche balboa » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:38 pm

NvH wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:47 am
Meanwhile, another member of the "religion of peace" struck again in London yesterday. Thank goodness he was killed before he could do any more damage. Well done Londoners for voting in an Islamic mayor who will never go against his "Muslim brothers and sisters", no matter how many atrocities they commit.
Rout would stick up for him
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

oche balboa
International
Posts: 12334
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by oche balboa » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:42 pm

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 pm
Luckily for our EDL brethren on this thread we have now had Brexit so we all now have new hospitals in every town and all those nasty foreigners have been sent home.
Why is Right of centre views on this thread labelled “EDL”

No one on this thread wants foreigners to “go home”

It’s all invented by people like you because you want to be seen as white knighting people of Minorities.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

User avatar
DavidOwen67
International
Posts: 10642
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:29 am
Location: Nantwich
Contact:

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by DavidOwen67 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Case in point.

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:55 am

oche balboa wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:38 pm
NvH wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:47 am
Meanwhile, another member of the "religion of peace" struck again in London yesterday. Thank goodness he was killed before he could do any more damage. Well done Londoners for voting in an Islamic mayor who will never go against his "Muslim brothers and sisters", no matter how many atrocities they commit.
Rout would stick up for him
Probably. Corbyn loves his friends at Hamas and Hezbollah and Rout is a big fan of Corbyn and Corbyn wanted to turn the UK into a European Venezuela (except with a few million more Muslims) :)

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:46 am

In other words, the UK would have gone from being one of the richest in Europe to Albania in a decade.

User avatar
NvH
The Ton Club
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:16 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by NvH » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:42 am

oche balboa wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:42 pm
DavidOwen67 wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:39 pm
Luckily for our EDL brethren on this thread we have now had Brexit so we all now have new hospitals in every town and all those nasty foreigners have been sent home.
Why is Right of centre views on this thread labelled “EDL”

No one on this thread wants foreigners to “go home”

It’s all invented by people like you because you want to be seen as white knighting people of Minorities.
It's a classic tactic in debating.

"I take position X on this matter, so if you disagree with me, you must take position Y (i.e. the complete opposite)." "You don't want socialism? You don't want the inheritance tax lowered to £150,000 (which is ridiculous when most properties are more expensive)? Then you must be a greedy capitalist who loves billionaires".

Like I say, a classic and asinine tactic. Luckily, there are plenty of ways to avoid inheritance tax ;)

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30438
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:09 pm

"asinine" - word of the day.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

User avatar
Moongoose McQueeen
County Player
Posts: 4081
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Moongoose McQueeen » Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:43 pm

Rout wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:47 pm
Oh god, Nick, you're not still peddling the utterly ridiculous notion that straight white males have it hardest in this country are you?
We may not have it hardest yet. But we will.
devosteve wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:07 pm
Long live the BDO. Long live proper darts. Long live the official body of darts. And long live the BDO die hards who defend the BDO on social media.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30438
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:02 pm

NvH wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:15 pm
J Y Kelly wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:28 am
NvH wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:19 am
Well done, Nick btw. You've taken these people to school.

There are so many myths that people just blindly swallow. Like women earning about 3/4 of what men do. Firstly, that doesn't take into account that we're not talking about the same job. Secondly, many more women (at the time of the study) were in part time work, etc.

Then you have the laughable notion of the "patriarchy", which was especially amusing when the head of state and PM were both ummm female.

Of course, the irony of people agreeing with feminism while defending Islam isn't lost on me.

Critical thinking should be taught in all schools so we don't get threads full of idiocy like this. Mind you, maths is compulsory until GCSE level and we still get crap like this.
This is the issue - the lack of existence of white male privilege is largely argued by white males who have clearly wasted that privilege and see people from other races or genders doing better than them and assume therefore that it doesn't exist.

It does. If you see black people or women in high office and claim that is evidence the white male privilege is a myth, rest assured that those people are much cleverer than you (and me) and have had to work much harder to achieve the same as their white male peers.

And if you are a straight white male, who feels like the world is against you because small steps have been taken to redress hundreds of years of systematic prejudice, then you deserve to be on the dole or twatting about in a call centre for 8 quid an hour as you're clearly a fekkin idiot.
Interesting how you mentioned hundreds of years of systematic prejudice, as if it didn't exist before then. Although people do have a habit of focusing on the Atlantic slave trade and the European empires. The Ottoman Empire gets very little mention, not withstanding the countless empires before that subjugated/wiped out other civilizations. Human history goes back much further than Vasco da Gama and Hernan Cortez, etc. Plenty of things could be "redressed" (but won't be).

What isn't quite so interesting, is why you responded to my post in such a manner. Did you actually read it? What's happened to you? Did you have an operation to remove half of your brain? I did not make a single claim about black people in high office. Although I certainly would need to see more evidence of white privilege before subscribing to your belief.

The only black person I can think of in high(ish) office who is considerably dumber than me is Diane Abbott, but that hardly makes me unique.
Did a lot of study years ago about the Barbary slave trade and the effect upon the middle east and western culture.
People quickly forget that whole villages in Ireland, Cornwall and Wales were captured and sold as slaves in North African markets, some lucky ones were bought back by christians or European States but whole populations of Spain, Italy, France and other European nations were herded up and sold to the point where what was left were empty towns and villages.
Anglo-Dutch sea power eventually stopped the trade in Europeans but the slavers continued to trade in west and sub saharan Africans as they had done for over 1000 years.
It would shock some but when the ottoman empire collapsed and was essentially carved up by European powers they found working slave markets, still selling people in the 20th century.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Rout
International
Posts: 7823
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Rout » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm

I see Bojo is now trying to hand pick which media outlets he speaks to and addresses, much like in his election campaign.

Trump mkII. Dismantle the free press.

User avatar
nikkiboy
International
Posts: 30438
Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:34 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:12 pm

Rout wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm
I see Bojo is now trying to hand pick which media outlets he speaks to and addresses, much like in his election campaign.

Trump mkII. Dismantle the free press.
Put the Guardian down and develop your own views, the question you need to ask is given that in these times anyone who has an online blog considers them self a journalist with a right to be at the PM's briefing do you think that the political and cookery reporter from Woman's weekly or the representative from Norfolk Tractor Online should be sat between Peston and Andrew Neil and directly briefed by the PM or a minister? Or, as is the case in many other countries, the main news outlets have a representative briefed by the PM/Minister and the rest given the same brief in a bigger hall by a deputy?
Given the above and the increase of "press" passes is it necessary also for there to be someone from BBC News, BBC London, BBC South West, BBC Newsnight, BBC Radio4, BBC Scotland, BBC Asian, BBC III, BBC America, I could go on but you get the drift, to all be present at the main briefing when recordings of that will be available immediately after and the secondary briefing will also take place, in some cases simultaneously.

I believe that is the thinking behind it and I'm also sure that some people who thought they were big players were deliberately put on the other list to piss them off and knock them down a peg or two, it worked.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Rout
International
Posts: 7823
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:19 am

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Rout » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:19 pm

Never bought the guardian in my life and rarely read it. It was reported in most major news outlets, including the metro (the most read daily newspaper in the country) and the mail, (the second most read)

Are the mirror, the "I", the press association , the independent and the huff post not big enough players in the world of journalism for you? The mirror being the 4th most read daily national? With more readers than the Express, times and telegraph? Just a coincidence that most that were put in the excluded group were left leaning was it?

And if there was any truth in that drivel, why did pretty much all the big players walk out in an act of solidarity? Including johnsons number 1 fan kuessenberg and peston?



Thehateful180
The Ton Club
Posts: 268
Joined: Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Re: Katie Hopkins

Post by Thehateful180 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:34 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:12 pm
Rout wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 pm
I see Bojo is now trying to hand pick which media outlets he speaks to and addresses, much like in his election campaign.

Trump mkII. Dismantle the free press.
Put the Guardian down and develop your own views, the question you need to ask is given that in these times anyone who has an online blog considers them self a journalist with a right to be at the PM's briefing do you think that the political and cookery reporter from Woman's weekly or the representative from Norfolk Tractor Online should be sat between Peston and Andrew Neil and directly briefed by the PM or a minister? Or, as is the case in many other countries, the main news outlets have a representative briefed by the PM/Minister and the rest given the same brief in a bigger hall by a deputy?
Given the above and the increase of "press" passes is it necessary also for there to be someone from BBC News, BBC London, BBC South West, BBC Newsnight, BBC Radio4, BBC Scotland, BBC Asian, BBC III, BBC America, I could go on but you get the drift, to all be present at the main briefing when recordings of that will be available immediately after and the secondary briefing will also take place, in some cases simultaneously.

I believe that is the thinking behind it and I'm also sure that some people who thought they were big players were deliberately put on the other list to piss them off and knock them down a peg or two, it worked.
I think the fact that political mouthpieces as diverse as Julia Hartley Brewer, Piers Morgan, and Owen Jones are all slamming this behaviour says something.

Not everything has to be a "left Vs right" issue. Attacks on the freedom of the press are inherently wrong in a democracy. Yes it's also wrong when Corbyn refuses to speak to certain media outlets, but he's not prime minister. Don't try and dress it up as anything other than an effort to avoid scrutiny.

Post Reply

Return to “General Non Darts Discussion”