David Moyes - Sacked

legend670
Pub Champion

David Moyes - Sacked

Post by legend670 »

As a Man United fan from Swindon ;) I am quite happy with this.

I was quite unsure of the appointment at the start of the season and thought that the board should have done everything possible to get Mourinho.

As for who I would like to see next - who's available? van Gaal? Everyone else has a domestic contract...?

Anybody else have views on this? Next manager?
Do I know any jokes about Sodium Hypobromite?

NaBrO
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: David Moyes - Sacked

Post by spaceman70 »

I'm sure he's relieved and £5-10m will soften the blow. :roll:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

legend670 wrote:As a Man United fan from Swindon
Oh dear.
Big Jock Knew
deetee89
Pub Champion

Post by deetee89 »

As a supporter of Leeds I have to say im gutted, he's done a great job. A distraction from the calamity going on at Elland Rd. :roll:
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

Ginge wrote:
legend670 wrote:As a Man United fan from Swindon
Oh dear.
I do support Swindon too :) :P :IIII:

NaBrO
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

deetee89 wrote:As a supporter of Leeds I have to say im gutted, he's done a great job. A distraction from the calamity going on at Elland Rd. :roll:
To be fair, even if Man U were doing well, nobody gives a shiny shiiiiiiite about Leeds anymore, they think they are a far bigger club than they actually are.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Surprised really with this news.

Man U have become just like all the rest and there was I thinking they were different.

Money talks etc etc etc.

Moyes is 8-1 to take over at Swansea - no thanks though.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Col wrote:Surprised really with this news.

Man U have become just like all the rest and there was I thinking they were different.

Money talks etc etc etc.

Really? That kind of job suits him to the ground, look what he did at Everton on a shoestring. Beggars cant be choosers.
Big Jock Knew
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Ginge wrote:

Money talks etc etc etc.

Really? That kind of job suits him to the ground, look what he did at Everton on a shoestring. Beggars cant be choosers.

We aint beggars and he doesnt play the Swansea way so no thanks.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Lucky for you, you dont make the final decision.
Big Jock Knew
legend670
Pub Champion

Post by legend670 »

Col wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Money talks etc etc etc.

We aint beggars and he doesnt play the Swansea way so no thanks.
I would have said the same, Swansea would have seemed a perfect job for him. I can see him ending up at West Brom or Sunderland if Gus gets the boot.

NaBrO
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

How are Scumdiff doing Phil? :D :D
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

As an Evertonian I'm not surprised by this.

Let me start by saying I was a massive Moyes fan and really worried when he left, however since Martinez has done so much better (on the same budget Moyes had for years) his lack of actual ability has shown through, with us he was perceived as a great but looking back now the reality is he doesn't have the tactical brain, he has plan A and occasionally plan B but that's it, the great managers have always had plan C, D & E. Just look at Mourhino in the City game (I think) when he ran down the touchline, not to celebrate but to give out team orders for the last 3 min.

Moyes could have gone down as an Everton legend but his actions during the transfer windows just turned the club against him, if he hadn't of acted the way he had or just said Ed Woodwood was dealing with all transfers and not him (as I am sure is actually the case) then he could still have been hailed as a might blue even today.
It's better to be lucky than good!
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

It took Moyes 11 years but he finally managed to get Everton above Manchester United!
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ChunkIOW wrote:As an Evertonian I'm not surprised by this.

Let me start by saying I was a massive Moyes fan and really worried when he left, however since Martinez has done so much better (on the same budget Moyes had for years)
I would say he has done about the same - Everton now look on course for a 5th place finish which was a good season by Moyes Everton standards anyway.

Always liked Martinez anyway. Came over to Wigan with those other Spanish players and has stayed in the UK ever since.
Big Jock Knew
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

Ginge wrote:

Let me start by saying I was a massive Moyes fan and really worried when he left, however since Martinez has done so much better (on the same budget Moyes had for years)
I would say he has done about the same - Everton now look on course for a 5th place finish which was a good season by Moyes Everton standards anyway.

Always liked Martinez anyway. Came over to Wigan with those other Spanish players and has stayed in the UK ever since.
On paper Ginge, as far as end of season table is concerned, assuming we finish 5th Martinez has had a steady season and matched some of Moyes' better results in his 10 years with the club. However, the general vibe was that Moyes was over performing with Everton and our results, with x2 5th and 1 champions league playoff place. Martinez has brought a much better atmosphere to the club, playing much better football than Moyes ever did and we had a real chance of getting top 4 this year. If you take Liverpool's amazing season out of the equation Martinez has done wonders to get us to the current position over Man U, Spurs and all the other sides who have generally competed with Everton for spots 5 to 7 over the last few years. Everton have definitely progressed for the positive under Martinez. Something I along with a lot of fans did not think would happen at the start of the season.

I'm disappointed Moyes has been sacked and genuinely disappointed he has not done well at united, I just think the last 12 months has shown he is not as good as we, or anyone else, thought he was.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ChunkIOW wrote:
Ginge wrote:

On paper Ginge, as far as end of season table is concerned, assuming we finish 5th Martinez has had a steady season and matched some of Moyes' better results in his 10 years with the club. However, the general vibe was that Moyes was over performing with Everton and our results, with x2 5th and 1 champions league playoff place. Martinez has brought a much better atmosphere to the club, playing much better football than Moyes ever did and we had a real chance of getting top 4 this year. If you take Liverpool's amazing season out of the equation Martinez has done wonders to get us to the current position over Man U, Spurs and all the other sides who have generally competed with Everton for spots 5 to 7 over the last few years. Everton have definitely progressed for the positive under Martinez. Something I along with a lot of fans did not think would happen at the start of the season.

I'm disappointed Moyes has been sacked and genuinely disappointed he has not done well at united, I just think the last 12 months has shown he is not as good as we, or anyone else, thought he was.
Everton will finish in the bottom half of the table next season. Mark my words.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

phil davies wrote:
Col wrote:How are Scumdiff doing Phil? :D :D
Decent enough still could stay up.

But if we go down it won't bother me much.

I'll be there either way next season as I always have since our league 2 days.

Just which te idiot tan would piss off so we could return to blue.
Proper supporter and grand to see.

I started watching the Swans when I moved here 8 years ago and then I became a full time jack shortly thereafter. Seen them play in league one through to the PL and enjoyed every step along the way.
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

Col wrote:
ChunkIOW wrote:
Ginge wrote:

Everton will finish in the bottom half of the table next season. Mark my words.
That all depends on if we keep / sign our 3 main loan players, need at least 2 of them from Lukaku, Barry & Gerrad Def. If we do we will be fighting for 5th and 4th again next year, if we don't then 6th to 9th but certainly not outside the top 10.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

You will lose Barkley and Lukaku for certain. Those two will be hard as hell to replace.