The 2015 Rugby World Cup thread

Agent 86
Superleague Player

Re: The 2015 Rugby World Cup thread

Post by Agent 86 »

Cameraman focuses in on Richie on the side line, the crowd applaud.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

Conrad wants a yellow card too, well done, they all want one now.
[font=Goudy Stout]The Unicorn 2016 World Matchplay Prediction Game Champion[/font]
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

Final score, All Blacks 26, Argentina 16.
A hard fort game, Argentina played well and gave the All Blacks a bit of scare there for a while. But giving the All Blacks a wake up call is exactly what they ordered.
Richies after match speech greeted with loud applause. They love Richie here.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

The Ozzy's front up tomorrow mate. Should be a walk in the outback, Ozzy by 41-50 points. Show England how its done proper.

The Frogs play Romania, the Roman show some resolve, Frogs by 31-40.

Scotland v Japan, the Dress wearers by 11-20. The Japs aint that hard to beat.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Sympathy post.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I've told the wife that I am on standby, the way the Welsh injuries are going I may get a phone call, after all I'm only number 2,999985th on Warren's list :)
Saturday is going to be very interesting, the expectation has been lifted from Wales' shoulders because of the injuries so we may see a side playing with the freedom and flair we know they are capable of. Got a feeling we will be mullahed at the scrum though.
England drop Ford in favour of Farrell - eh? makes no sence to me that.

Scotland by 20 for me today, they will have studied where the springboks went wrong and grind the blossoms down with scrums and set pieces, that said if the Japanese man up and the scores are still close after 60 minutes whereas in the old days you would expect the minor nations to fade the Japanese fitness seems up there so anything could happen.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Forgot to mention, I tried to get tickets for Gloucester (Scotland v Japan) but at £140 each I've decided to watch it on TV
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

50 something.......poor effort.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

The Aussies played well both front and backs against a spirited Fijian team, hard to see anyone else taking the crown this time.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:The Aussies played well both front and backs against a spirited Fijian team, hard to see anyone else taking the crown this time.
There is still the possibility that they may not get out of the group pads, they failed to get a bonus point from Fiji and there is a very distinct possibility that England, Wales and Australia will only win one of the games against each other which will then bring the bonus points into play. Some very interesting games ahead that's for sure.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

As much as I want Wales to qualify from this group, they wont.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:The Aussies played well both front and backs against a spirited Fijian team, hard to see anyone else taking the crown this time.
There is still the possibility that they may not get out of the group pads, they failed to get a bonus point from Fiji and there is a very distinct possibility that England, Wales and Australia will only win one of the games against each other which will then bring the bonus points into play. Some very interesting games ahead that's for sure.
I can't see it coming down to that Nick..........put your money on the Aussies.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Who would have thought in the absence of Leigh Halfpenny, that the Wales vs England outcome would have been so highly influenced by a Welshman with such a high kicking percentage rate.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ssjsa wrote:Who would have thought in the absence of Leigh Halfpenny, that the Wales vs England outcome would have been so highly influenced by a Welshman with such a high kicking percentage rate.
Because of halfpenny people forget that Dan Biggar has one of the highest strike rates in the pro 12

As the only welshman in a pub full of englishmen last night I can tell you the atmosphere was great. When at 7 points down Amos and Williams went off and we had a winger at centre, a scrum half on the wing and a fly half at fullback I thought we'd succumb but they just wanted it more. With three minutes to go I thought it was a crazy decision by robshaw not to go for the draw but he backed his gut instinct and his forwards, unfortunately it didn't work.
If England beat the aussies then that three way tie I eluded to a week or so ago looks a cert, Wales need four tries and a win against Fiji and either to beat the aussies or lose within seven, bonus points may be the key. Of course if England lose to Australia (and Wales beat fiji) they're out whatever happens.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

All Blacks.... still waiting for the competition to begin, said it before, and lost
No team has ever defended the Rugby World cup, why start now.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

How much are the RFU going to bribe the Australians to throw the game so England make it thru. and keep the stadiums full and interest in the event alive, otherwise it is going to be a dismal failure for England Rugby, and England. The figure of 300 million is being put about. The Ozzy's are likely to take the money just to rub it in, after all, they're not going to beat the All Blacks.
Agent 86
Superleague Player

Post by Agent 86 »

NZ couch selectors arguing who is the best team to put on field. Some saying SBW does not deserve the chance. I say, the guy has asked for this, but, he is an athlete and he is a very good NRL player and one of the best ball off-loaders, he's what every team wants, and he's here, now. Sonny Bill, you're good to go by me, bro. With SBW in the back line the All Blacks will kick arse.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Big game this afternoon, really looking forward to seeing what Mathew Morgan can do in his first Wales start, the papers today are comparing him to Shane Williams - big boots to fill (well little boots really but you know what I mean). Alex Cuthbert back on the wing, he's been playing poorly for a while so he needs to put in a performance. Wales need to both win and get four tries (maximum points).
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Morgan is so talented I just hope he doesn't get smashed by an early tackle.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

It's a win but no bonus point, we now need Australia to beat England otherwise it's a shoot out final game