Snooker 2017 World Championship

ChrisW
International

Snooker 2017 World Championship

Post by ChrisW »

Seems Rocket is not happy with Barry or 'people'

Last edited by ChrisW on Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rout
International

Re: Snooker 2017 World Cahmpionship

Post by Rout »

He's out next round to Murphy.

But makes me very happy to hear my favourite sportsperson of all time slag off possibly my least favourite person involved in sport today.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

What's the background on this?
I don't really follow snooker much these days.
I once chatted to Selby all the way back on a flight from Austria (i think) once, he's a big darts fan, i had no idea who he was :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:What's the background on this?
I once chatted to Selby all the way back on a flight from Austria (i think) once, he's a big darts fan, i had no idea who he was :grin:
He's been kicking off because he was warned for his conduct after some comments he made in the masters about the ref and condition of the table
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Snooker 2017 World Cahmpionship

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:What's the background on this?
In jan in the masters A photographer kept taking shots while he was looking down the shot so he had a pop at him after already asking him to stop. The ref warned ronnie so he had a disagreement with him too. World Snooker opened disciplinary procedures but didn't end up charging him.

Since then he's received warnings in the post and says he's been threatened to buck his ideas up.

Since then he's basically been on media strike. Giving stupid answers and not cooperating. Until yesterday when he opened up about why he's been behaving strangely.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

World Snooker chairman Barry Hearn says accusations directed at him by Ronnie O'Sullivan are "unfounded" and being taken "very seriously".

The five-time world champion, 41, reacted to a disciplinary letter he received in January by claiming the body used "threatening" language, and adding he would not be "bullied".

He was speaking after beating Gary Wilson 10-7 at the World Championship.

The WPBSA, the sport's governing body, says it will take no action.

Tournament schedule
BBC coverage times
What did O'Sullivan say?

In an emotional post-match interview on Sunday, O'Sullivan told BBC Radio 5 live: "I phoned Barry Hearn four weeks ago and told him I am done with you and your board.

"I don't think I've done a lot wrong.

"A friend told me to let the lawyers deal with it. I won't get involved anymore because I am not being bullied."

O'Sullivan was warned about his behaviour in a letter from the WPBSA - - after he publicly criticised a referee and swore at a photographer during January's Masters.

He has since replied to questions from the media with one or two-word answers, has sung an Oasis song in reply, and on another occasion responded as a 'robot' in protest at his perceived mistreatment by the sport's authorities.

Ronnie's Wonderwall
How did Hearn respond?

In a statement published on Monday, Hearn said the WPBSA was "exclusively responsible for all disciplinary matters" and he had "no involvement whatsoever".

Hearn, chairman of the commercial arm of the sport, said: "I take any accusation of 'bullying and intimidation' by me or World Snooker very seriously.

"Unfounded accusations such as these are damaging to World Snooker's global reputation, as well as my own, and we will take whatever action is required to protect this reputation from such inaccurate comments."

He said he hoped all parties could "move on" and focus on the "brilliant entertainment" at the World Championship.

What did the WPBSA say?

WPBSA chairman Jason Ferguson told the BBC: "In terms of bullying and intimidation - we don't accept that at all.

"I'm more than happy to sit down with Ronnie and discuss the issues."

After beating Wilson, O'Sullivan will play Shaun Murphy or teenager Yan Bingtao in round two at the Crucible Theatre.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Looking like the snooker is going to be cutoff, shocking lack of planning from match room sports and the bbc, so unprofessional.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

In other news is Virgo the new Tony Green?
Some really bizarre commentary at times, rambling on about you needing to be a good potter to be world champ........no shit!

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Virgo has been losing the plot for years now. Saw him at the opening ceremony thing on Friday night and he doesn't look well at all these days, properly shaking like he has Parkinsons or whatever.
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Re: RE: Re: Snooker 2017 World Cahmpionship

Post by Rout »

ifm wrote:Looking like the snooker is going to be cutoff, shocking lack of planning from match room sports and the bbc, so unprofessional.
Ha ha! Dad's army!! Ha ha!!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

ifm wrote:In other news is Virgo the new Tony Green?
Some really bizarre commentary at times, rambling on about you needing to be a good potter to be world champ........no shit!
Met him at the seniors the other week and he's really not well at all, like ginge said he seems to have Parkinson's or something similar

Was supposed to be commentating the games from the side of the table but a few times I looked over when he wasn't saying anything and he was just slumped over with his head in his hands. Dennis Taylor had to step in for a few games in the end.

Think it's a case of he doesn't want to pack in but may be forced to
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

A few years ago Eurosport showed a live snooker exbo, was a few days after the Crucible finished.

They had Virgo wandering around doing live comms. Players with mics on. Was genuinely hillarious, especially Virgo. On the BBC though he is intolerable.
Big Jock Knew
Zapp Brannigan
County Player

Post by Zapp Brannigan »

Ginge wrote:A few years ago Eurosport showed a live snooker exbo, was a few days after the Crucible finished.

They had Virgo wandering around doing live comms. Players with mics on. Was genuinely hillarious, especially Virgo. On the BBC though he is intolerable.
When he was concentrating hes was absolutely on fire, really quick jokes and was great with his timing. Knew scores and what was left/required just by a little notepad he was using to jot things down.

Just the next minute you could tell he wasnt well and when he stood up you could see how frail he is.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
Ginge wrote:A few years ago Eurosport showed a live snooker exbo, was a few days after the Crucible finished.

When he was concentrating hes was absolutely on fire, really quick jokes and was great with his timing. Knew scores and what was left/required just by a little notepad he was using to jot things down.

Just the next minute you could tell he wasnt well and when he stood up you could see how frail he is.
In his 70's now?
Little Lonely Garry
International

Post by Little Lonely Garry »

what is a cahmpionship ?
i am so sorry for my actions these last ten years, i'm going through a tough time
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Virgo was the best commentator till about 3 seasons ago. Then it seemed he started to make a parody out of his catchphrases like "where's the cue ball" going and "that knocked 3 times and knew the password." Since then he's gone a bit daft and definitely lost the plot for this one.

But still better than Willie "I've made 50 maximums in practice" Thorne
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Well whatever your feelings are I am looking forward to see Ronnie v Murphy tomorrow. See if he is fired up or more likely screwed up.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Got a feeling it's gonna see ronnie implode like he used to.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Judd Trump has failed to turn up to do his press conference apparently...
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Confirmed by hazel Ginge.

Snooker had always had the showman who puts bums on seats in the tv era. Higgins then white then ronnie. They try to bill trump as the next but it's not happening. No one else on the horizon at all.

Hearns got a task and a half on his hands with this game
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.