Favourite journos/correspondents

Fergal
Steady Sixties

Favourite journos/correspondents

Post by Fergal »

Across all sports, who are the journalists or correspondents you most like to read or listen to? Whose opinions really matter to you?

Two to start:

* Mike Costello. The underrated voice of boxing and athletics on BBC Radio. Extremely knowledgeable and, when it comes to boxing, holds quite probably the views I respect more than any other.

* Tim Vickery. Brazilian based British journo. What this guy doesn't know about South American football ain't worth knowing. If ever you're up and relatively sober at 2.30 on a Saturday morning, tune into the World Football Phone-in (you can podcast it too).
hang the dj
County Player

Re: Favourite journos/correspondents

Post by hang the dj »

Probably won't mean much to most of the forum except the Scots but here in Scotland the only journalist I have any time for is Graham Spiers, canny stand ian king, bill leckie, jim traynor, chick young & the rest
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

As its Tennis season its John Mcenroe.
Cricket its (Sir) Geoffrey and Sir Ian cant forget Bumble
lisa w
Brass Darts

Post by lisa w »

TROUBLEAGAIN wrote:As its Tennis season its John Mcenroe.
Cricket its (Sir) Geoffrey and Sir Ian cant forget Bumble
love bumble ! really got into 20/20 and odi cricket.
i'm a fan of the mirror's oliver holt, honesty, humour and a damn good read 8-)
take life one day at a time
jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

When the Scottish football is on Sky Sports i like to listen to Ian Crocker and when the Premiership is on Martin Tyler is one i like commentators i hate Paul Mitchell on BBC Scotland (yawn) also when the cricket is on Geoffrey Boycott like his batting boring
hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

jameshope wrote:When the Scottish football is on Sky Sports i like to listen to Ian Crocker and when the Premiership is on Martin Tyler is one i like commentators i hate Paul Mitchell on BBC Scotland (yawn) also when the cricket is on Geoffrey Boycott like his batting boring
Agree on Crocker. I can't stand Craig Burley - he is shocking
jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

hang the dj wrote:
jameshope wrote:When the Scottish football is on Sky Sports i like to listen to Ian Crocker and when the Premiership is on Martin Tyler is one i like commentators i hate Paul Mitchell on BBC Scotland (yawn) also when the cricket is on Geoffrey Boycott like his batting boring
Agree on Crocker. I can't stand Craig Burley - he is shocking
Oh forgot to add like the punditry of Davie Provan when he's commentating with Ian Crocker