Hearn Proposal accepted by snooker

nikkiboy
International

Hearn Proposal accepted by snooker

Post by nikkiboy »

Hearn Proposal Accepted By Snooker Players

Barry Hearn, Chairman of the World Professional Billiards and Snooker Association, saw his blueprint for snooker's future accepted by the sport's voting members at an Extraordinary General Meeting in Sheffield today.
The players voted 35-29 in favour of Hearn's plan, which includes a variety of new tournaments for the coming season, including a quick-fire Shoot-Out event, a ranking event in Germany, a World Seniors Championship and a Player Tour Championship series.[wrapimg=right]http://www.worldsnooker.com/images/site ... llsize.jpg[/wrapimg]

"I'm delighted by the outcome," said Hearn. "I do not under-estimate the challenges that lie ahead, but for the moment snooker is united and the future looks rosy.

"I owe the game a lot and I will make sure that I will be giving 100 per cent every day to bring it to the level at which it should be operating."

from www.worldsnooker.com
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Mark_G
Pub Champion

Re: Hearn Proposal accepted by snooker

Post by Mark_G »

Good news for snooker that the players have done the sensible thing. The last thing I wanted was for the likes of Peter Ebdon to get his way.

However, from a purely selfish point of view (I enjoy both sports, but darts is by far the more attractive sport at this moment), I hope Barry's involvement in snooker doesn't have a detrimental effect on professional darts. After all, it's going to take a LOT of hard work to revive snooker's fortunes.
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

A very close vote. Lets hope that all are on board now for a better future.
Bully
Feather Flights

Post by Bully »

Not really a resounding backing for Hearn there, not far off 50/50, could we see a split form in another sport?
jameshope
The Ton Club

Post by jameshope »

Hmm it may well happen