Olympic blunder

hang the dj
County Player

Re: Olympic blunder

Post by hang the dj »

I enjoy the olympics & looking forward to them (I know technically they have started) it's the only time I watch stuff like swimming, cycling & badminton. Starngely though, my life revolves around football but I have no interest in Olympic football
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

+1
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Right then I've watched this for 14 minutes but what the hell is going on?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

I thought the whole opening ceremony was totally Roytastic last night. :D

I have also been really enjoying the red button action watching weightlifting, badminton, table tennis and archery.

Our archery team are pants though as they went out in the first round to Ukraine.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Boyle is a legend genius.

It would have been a little more accurate if when they did the NHS scene they showed it being slowly dismantled bit by bit.

paDDy :bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
dynamite1
Pub Champion

Post by dynamite1 »

nowt to do with english people and jocks wouldnt its the cockneys there not like the rest
Chris Dynamite Bradley
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is"
"You are never a loser until you quit trying"

follow me @bradzathelegend
EX tyne and wear youth player
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

You wouldn't even know what a cockney is :)
avalon
County Player

Post by avalon »

I thought the whole opening ceremony was ingenious. It not only showed the world the good and great things Britain has brought to the world I hoped it served as a reminder to the British public all the things that have put the Great in to Britain.

From Brunel, the industrial revolution, books, sports, music, comedy, film industry, royalty and yes even the NHS we boast a history the rest of the world can only envy.

I sat watching it with Irina and she was mesmerised and even though I had to explain some things to her she had never been aware of the importance of things like the industrial revolution, how it started and what it had done for the world, her communist education in the soviet union never allowing the full truth of things to be told.

Everyone living in Britain can knock the NHS, as I did when I lived in Britain but until you have lived in countries where there is no such thing you don`t fully appreciate how good it really is, you only focus on the bad side. Wait until you live in a country where they have no such thing and I can assure you your minds change.

The only thing missing, something I would love to see in the closing ceremony, was Dr. Who. With the time lord being seen throughout the world what better ending to the olympics than to return the queen to buckingham palace than in the tardis.
Image ImageImage Image
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

avalon wrote:I thought the whole opening ceremony was ingenious. It not only showed the world the good and great things Britain has brought to the world I hoped it served as a reminder to the British public all the things that have put the Great in to Britain.

From Brunel, the industrial revolution, books, sports, music, comedy, film industry, royalty and yes even the NHS we boast a history the rest of the world can only envy.

I sat watching it with Irina and she was mesmerised and even though I had to explain some things to her she had never been aware of the importance of things like the industrial revolution, how it started and what it had done for the world, her communist education in the soviet union never allowing the full truth of things to be told.

Everyone living in Britain can knock the NHS, as I did when I lived in Britain but until you have lived in countries where there is no such thing you don`t fully appreciate how good it really is, you only focus on the bad side. Wait until you live in a country where they have no such thing and I can assure you your minds change.

The only thing missing, something I would love to see in the closing ceremony, was Dr. Who. With the time lord being seen throughout the world what better ending to the olympics than to return the queen to buckingham palace than in the tardis.

That's really interesting John, and as a former director of finance within the NHS all I would say is we are suffering from our own success in many ways.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Britain's first Olympic gold of 2012.

Well done Helen and Heather in the cox-less pairs. :)
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

spaceman70 wrote:Britain's first Olympic gold of 2012.

Well done Helen and Heather in the cox-less pairs. :)

+1

Reassuring to know they were cox less also ;)
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne