Justins pic thread - Images are meant as a bit of fun

A place for all those funny photos tinterweb has given us access to, as long as they are not rude
Zeyes
International

Re: Justins pic thread - Images are meant as a bit of fun

Post by Zeyes »

Ginger Minja wrote:Old Zeyes is very articulate, and most of his posts make a lot of sense, he seems to know an awful lot about the workings of darts for just a bystander, I wonder who he is?
I'm just some guy who reads a lot, and has an interest in how sports businesses work (no offense to people who prefer the grassroots side!), because I find it enhances my enjoyment of the sports I follow if I try to understand why things happen the way they do, even the things that I don't like as a "pure" fan. And for better or worse I've been been hanging around boards/forums of various sizes and topics for some 15 years, so I've seen all kinds of forum personalities come and go. I hope JC gets the hint during his week off because he does have things to offer to TSoD, but based on other posters like him that I've seen over the years, I'm not too optimistic.
Ginger Minja
Steady Sixties

Post by Ginger Minja »

Zeyes wrote:
Ginger Minja wrote:Old Zeyes is very articulate, and most of his posts make a lot of sense, he seems to know an awful lot about the workings of darts for just a bystander, I wonder who he is?
I'm just some guy who reads a lot, and has an interest in how sports businesses work (no offense to people who prefer the grassroots side!), because I find it enhances my enjoyment of the sports I follow if I try to understand why things happen the way they do, even the things that I don't like as a "pure" fan. And for better or worse I've been been hanging around boards/forums of various sizes and topics for some 15 years, so I've seen all kinds of forum personalities come and go. I hope JC gets the hint during his week off because he does have things to offer to TSoD, but based on other posters like him that I've seen over the years, I'm not too optimistic.
So you are a promoter then? I thought you had something more than a casual interest in darts. Nothing wrong with the professional side, they are doing a very good job.
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

Ginger Minja wrote:So you are a promoter then?
LOL, no. Is it really that hard to believe that a fan could show an interest in the business end of sports? I'm basically another spreadsheet warrior infesting the forum, just one who knows to keep his mouth (mostly) shut when it comes to what actually happens on the pitch/oche/ring/whatever. If it wasn't for the behind the scenes stuff I'd have nothing to talk about (and in some sports I follow, I don't).
Last edited by Zeyes on Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Adrian1969 wrote:
craigmc wrote:just caught up with this thread.iv never found JCs posts offensive myself,but then i do agree with him and mr ninjas bdo stance for the mostpart.there are 2 posters just as persistent in their love of all things bdo and insult all views not matching their own.i feel mod500 in particular was itching 2 naughty step JC.saying that he was warned repeatedly and some posters who are worth reading had had their fill of the repeating theme.so we will see what difference a week makes?i just hope now the mods have clamped down it cuts both ways.fond regards
Mod wasn't itching to do anything Craig.

We all decided that we had better do something as we were getting so many complaints.

I had a couple from guys who never moan and whilst I like Gaz/JC as a poster and have had a lot of banter with him you can't ignore other members.

I hate censorship but sometimes you do stuff that you think is right by the majority - lets be honest we've had far fewer complaints about Gaz's naughty stepping.
I too have come to like JC. His naughty stepping was because of the repetitive nature of his posts and not his opinions which we all have the right to offer. I hope JC returns next week in the way he first came to this forum. He certainly can contribute in a positive way here as he has shown in the past. :D
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

craigmc wrote:just caught up with this thread.iv never found JCs posts offensive myself,but then i do agree with him and mr ninjas bdo stance for the mostpart.there are 2 posters just as persistent in their love of all things bdo and insult all views not matching their own.i feel mod500 in particular was itching 2 naughty step JC.saying that he was warned repeatedly and some posters who are worth reading had had their fill of the repeating theme.so we will see what difference a week makes?i just hope now the mods have clamped down it cuts both ways.fond regards
Sorry Pal but you are completely wrong. I like many other posters on the site was just getting sick of the same stuff over and over.

The decision to naughty step Justin is correct though, hopefully he will come back like the poster he can be.
craigmc
Superleague Player

Post by craigmc »

thankyou for informing me my opinion on your style of modding is wrong.it was just that an opinion.i dont know JC or any of the staff,but i do enjoy the site.theres a guy who posts defending whomever is getting ganged up on,on both sides of pdc/bdo debate and thats a bit how i saw this thread.again rightly or wrongly.but now a line has been drawn surely the "gay blade"comment and attempted bullying by this imposter digging at TGN should be looked at?fond regards? i think not
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I will admit to JC I posted a couple of times saying I was getting tired of reading the same thing on too many threads. I've got no problem with his opinion or how he sees it I was just getting bored of reading it on so many threads.

He's certainly passionate and I think he damns the correct people on the top table he clearly loves his darts and most of the players including the BDO ones.

Just it's been too often lately in my humble opinion.

Hope you come back though Gaz - even if it's just to call me a **** :D
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

craigmc wrote:thankyou for informing me my opinion on your style of modding is wrong.it was just that an opinion.i dont know JC or any of the staff,but i do enjoy the site.theres a guy who posts defending whomever is getting ganged up on,on both sides of pdc/bdo debate and thats a bit how i saw this thread.again rightly or wrongly.but now a line has been drawn surely the "gay blade"comment and attempted bullying by this imposter digging at TGN should be looked at?fond regards? i think not
I must have missed some of this, on the jc subject if anything we acted too late but that's merely because we don't like taking action, we somewhat foolishly believe that people can moderate themselves. I like gaz, he's actually a good guy but for some reason he's just lost his way a little lately, hopefully when he comes back he will be back to his old self.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

craigmc wrote:thankyou for informing me my opinion on your style of modding is wrong.it was just that an opinion.i dont know JC or any of the staff,but i do enjoy the site.theres a guy who posts defending whomever is getting ganged up on,on both sides of pdc/bdo debate and thats a bit how i saw this thread.again rightly or wrongly.but now a line has been drawn surely the "gay blade"comment and attempted bullying by this imposter digging at TGN should be looked at?fond regards? i think not
If Paddy wants to have a sulk and pretend to be a ginger cat, so be it.
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Nice avatar Bradders :)

On a more serious note is Paddy coming to the do in August or should I take on Nikki and Lurgan on my own ?

If I get the chance of course.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Craig, you offered your opinion and I disagreed with you in a perfectly civil manner.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion as is any member and I hope you add to your tally of 14 posts.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Come on Cat, we all know Paddy will be there.

He must have strop on though, he pm'd me through another forum, the big girl. :WWWW:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I dunno - he's a proud Irishman and everyone questioning his credentials must be difficult for him to take.
nikkiboy
International

Re: Re: Justins pic thread - Images are meant as a bit of fu

Post by nikkiboy »

Adrian1969 wrote:Come on Cat, we all know Paddy will be there.

He must have strop on though, he pm'd me through another forum, the big girl. :WWWW:
He's posted here today :D
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Cat wrote:I will admit to JC I posted a couple of times saying I was getting tired of reading the same thing on too many threads. I've got no problem with his opinion or how he sees it I was just getting bored of reading it on so many threads.

He's certainly passionate and I think he damns the correct people on the top table he clearly loves his darts and most of the players including the BDO ones.

Just it's been too often lately in my humble opinion.

Hope you come back though Gaz - even if it's just to call me a **** :D
Same here, no problem with him or his opinions just the constant barrage.
I'll gladly take him off ignore :D
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Big Jock Knew
Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy »

You're a worthy heir to JC's controversial throne, Bradders.

As long as the BDO and/or the Dutch can be mocked, you get your kicks, I guess.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Rudy wrote:You're a worthy heir to JC's controversial throne, Bradders.

As long as the BDO and/or the Dutch can be mocked, you get your kicks, I guess.
I didn't do the pic. Look closely at it.
Big Jock Knew
fandarts
County Player

Post by fandarts »

ginger is only the monkey rudy, jc is still the organ grinder
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Not even original trolling, just copying from another troll