Compiling Eric Bristow's career playing record

A place for results and questions from years gone by
Philezra
Feather Flights

Compiling Eric Bristow's career playing record

Post by Philezra »

Hi Everyone.

An impossible task but it's a project of mine so I'm after any help people can give me.

I'm collating a list of all matches that Bristow played from 1974 to 1993, including pairs.

Obviously, I have results from World Pros, British Pros, British Internationals, and World Masters last 32s onwards.

What I need are matches from early rounds of his North American, Canadian, Swedish, Denmark and Finland Opens (as well as later matches!!!) - these have not be well chronicled so can anyone help?

Qualifying rounds in the News of the World (London, Staffs and Merseyside), British Opens, British Gold Cups, Home Internationals, Nations Cup matches, Unipart World Matchplays, World Masters 1975 and 1976, Darts World KO Cup, early Butlins Masters, Southern Classic, Joshua Tetley Dartsathlons, Golden /Arrow tournaments, Camerons events.

If anyone has results in programmes or notated, please can you contact me?

many thanks

Phil
Danny_1
Brass Darts

Re: Compiling Eric Bristow's career playing record

Post by Danny_1 »

Hi Phil
In 1975 World Masters England Quualifying Rounds.
Round 1
Eric Bristow 3-2 Barry Caldicott
Round 2
Bill Lennard won ERic Bristow

so bill Lennard won Group 3 and Did play in the World Masters 1975

In 1976 Bristow was not in The World Masters and not in the England Qualifiers.

1976 Iam Searching for the result of the World Masters first round match between George Foster and Henk van Tuyl

Does anybody has results of the World finalist Invitation Match Practice of the world Masters 1976
Philezra
Feather Flights

Re: Compiling Eric Bristow's career playing record

Post by Philezra »

Thanks Danny - I thought I had seen Bristow's name in Darts World for the English qualifiers...........???

Phil