Klaasen to visit Featherstone Rovers - Friday April 1st

Please list all player exhibitions in here
PaulTFev
Feather Flights

Klaasen to visit Featherstone Rovers - Friday April 1st

Post by PaulTFev »

FEATHERSTONE Rovers are counting down the days to their next big night of Darts in the Cappers Bar – with one of the top players in the world.

Dutch thrower Jelle Klaasen, the former BDO World Champion, will play members of the audience and invited guests on the special event on Friday April 1.

All VIP tickets sold out in 24-hours but there is a good supply of standard £10 seats still available for what promises to be a memorable occasion.

Klaasen reached the UK Open last weekend in and also had a stunning run to the semi-finals of the World Championship in December – including a brilliant win over Phil Taylor, the greatest player in the history of the game.

He will also be answering questions in the Cappers Bar from Sky Sports Darts commentator Nigel Pearson, a lifelong Rovers fan. Said Klaasen: “I’m enjoying my Darts and I’m really pleased there has been a good response to the evening in Featherstone. Rugby League isn’t a big sport in the Netherlands, but I fully appreciate what it means to the people of West Yorkshire and I’m looking forward to fun evening there.”

Paul Taylor, Featherstone Rovers Commercial Manager, said: “We believe it’s quite a coup to get Jelle to the Big Fellas Stadium during his hectic schedule, it’s good to get him on one of his trips to the UK. He’s a fast thrower, he’s great to watch and I’m sure the audience will be in for a special night. We were stunned when the VIP tickets all sold so quickly.”

Tickets are available direct from Featherstone Rovers via the office, club shop or Cappers Bar. Call 01977 702386.They can also be purchased from the club’s website online shop in the event tickets section ( http://www.featherstonerovers.net/shop/product/521/ ).