What TV series are you watching at the moment?

ifm
International

Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Watched Jersey Boys, it was OK but not as good as I'd have hoped.

Watched in the heat of the night again, still one of the best films ever made dealing with racism as it's subject.

Watched the wanderers again, THE BEST SOUNDTRACK Ever! and a bloody good film too.
Check out the thread title ;-)
Check out my title - administrator :)
Not as good as "owner" :grin:
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

We used to have a movie thread, time to bump it methinks
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: £24 eBay, works great and 1080p hd
The Nvidea shield is the best, the best hard wear for streaming Kodi media. Supports 4K as well.
All depends really, i stream sd and there is little difference, btw you cannot stream hd let alone 4k
NVIDIA SHIELD is an amazing Ultra HD streaming media player. It delivers the ultimate in picture quality with incredible 4K resolution in favorite apps like Netflix, YouTube, and VUDU, as well as the brightness, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) in Netflix*. Add in rich Dolby Atmos or 7.1 surround sound,** and SHIELD delivers a true home theater experience. Or plug your headphones into your SHIELD controller or SHIELD remote for a private listening experience.

https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/android-tv
You cannot stream true HD, they call it that and for all intents and purposes it is in that you couldn't tell by naked eye but technically it isn't.
So they're lying then.......
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

I watch hd streams online and there is a clear difference between that and sd.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Col wrote:I watch hd streams online and there is a clear difference between that and sd.
No, No it's just not possible.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Col wrote:I watch hd streams online and there is a clear difference between that and sd.
Just tested it on the iplayer to make sure i wasnt mistaken and there is a clear and marked difference when you switch between sd and hd.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Col wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Just tested it on the iplayer to make sure i wasnt mistaken and there is a clear and marked difference when you switch between sd and hd.
What he means is they compress and reduce the bit rate so although it's 1080p it's actually not the same quality as say a blu ray, almost indistinguishable to the human eye though.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

"true hd" Google it chaps
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

But streamed 4K is as good as true 1080p

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
What he means is they compress and reduce the bit rate so although it's 1080p it's actually not the same quality as say a blu ray, almost indistinguishable to the human eye though.
But not Ian's eye..... :grin:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:But streamed 4K is as good as true 1080p

4k is amazing but takes a bit of getting used to, the picture is just too crisp.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
No point trying to explain to the luddites

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
You stick with your standard definition........... anything less than 720p is a waste of time......might as well watch a cam version Image

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
I,m not thick Nick ;-)

I said there is a clear and marked difference between hd and sd you and ifm are saying its barely noticeable to the naked eye, when the fact is it is incredibly notable to the naked eye.
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
You stick with your standard definition........... anything less than 720p is a waste of time......might as well watch a cam version Image

I watch everything in exodus, I have no issues with definition.

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

No nick is saying there's little difference between real hd and streamed hd......Ian is just being pedantic...

ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:No nick is saying there's little difference between real hd and streamed hd......Ian is just being pedantic...

Or factual, depends on your point of view I guess.

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:

Exodus gives many 1080 and 720 links.....have you seen the new tarzan.

Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:No nick is saying there's little difference between real hd and streamed hd......Ian is just being pedantic...

Or factual, depends on your point of view I guess.
So what was with the not noticeable to the naked eye thing then?
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote: What he means is they compress and reduce the bit rate so although it's 1080p it's actually not the same quality as say a blu ray, almost indistinguishable to the human eye though.

Exodus gives many 1080 and 720 links.....have you seen the new tarzan.

Exodus is designed specifically for sd, they remove HD links if spotted.

Madsocks