What TV series are you watching at the moment?

ifm
International

Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by ifm »

Sorry i had to shoot to wales and completely forgot, just get an android box for £40 and you can get every tv show ever made, and films too.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Re: RE: Re: What TV series are you watching at the moment?

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:Sorry i had to shoot to wales and completely forgot, just get an android box for £40 and you can get every tv show ever made, and films too.
£24 eBay, works great and 1080p hd
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Kodi is a thing of wonder. But almost everyone seems to have one now so can't help feeling something will be done about it soon
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

Well another marathon of decent TV watched.

BoJack Horesman season 3. Self depreciating and depressive comedy at its best.

Lady Dynamite Season 1. Bat shit crazy and full of black humour. Maria Bamford is crazy and you may remember her from season 4 of Arrested Development as Sue Storm ;-)

Stranger Things. Get your 70's/80's on! Really engrossing and full of fun. You could probably take a scene from every horror movie or series from the 70s/80s and find it in this programme!

Wayward Pines Season 2. Bits and bats of decency, but as they had run out of material from the books(bar the ending) its a blatant cash grab. Only worth watching for Arlene the "Receptionist" :)

Shows im having to watch week by week(staying retro and waiting patiently:

Vice Principals: In the mold of Eastbound and Down, Danny McBride and Walt Goggins(Hateful Eight), it's a joy to watch these two bounce of each other.

BrainDead: Tony Shaloub from "Monk". Its a cross between Alien Nation and many political comedies.

The Night Of: Creepy Detective thingy .Going to be deliberately vague on this as it's a fantastic piece of television that needs no spoilers!

Man Down Season 3: back to the bat shit crazy, with a even more expanded cast of which everyone is fantastic. "They will call me Daddy!" :DDD:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

The Preacher - from AMC (breaking bad), very well made and extremely bizarre at times, has angels, vampires, fight scenes and some very black comedy.
Vice Principals - as above, very funny but starting to get into cringe comedy which i dislike.
Ray Donovan - continues to impress but the focus has shifted much more onto family and personal stuff away from his actual day job (which is much better).
Power - very stylish mobster series that won't disappoint.
Roadies - still trying to stick this out, can't decide if it's really good or really crap.
Dark Matter - loves me syfy.
Outcast - paranormal series, bit dark (literally).
Wayward Pines - they keep killing people off which is good.
Stranger Things - more syfi
Suits - this has gone really shite last series and this but i'm still hanging in there for some reason.
Ballers - has The Rock as a financial agent to sports stars, first series was good.

Some i tried but gave up on:-

Private eyes
The Night of
Queen of the South
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

ifm wrote:The Preacher - from AMC (breaking bad), very well made and extremely bizarre at times, has angels, vampires, fight scenes and some very black comedy.
Vice Principals - as above, very funny but starting to get into cringe comedy which i dislike.
Ray Donovan - continues to impress but the focus has shifted much more onto family and personal stuff away from his actual day job (which is much better).
Power - very stylish mobster series that won't disappoint.
Roadies - still trying to stick this out, can't decide if it's really good or really crap.
Dark Matter - loves me syfy.
Outcast - paranormal series, bit dark (literally).
Wayward Pines - they keep killing people off which is good.
Stranger Things - more syfi
Suits - this has gone really shite last series and this but i'm still hanging in there for some reason.
Ballers - has The Rock as a financial agent to sports stars, first series was good.

Some i tried but gave up on:-

Private eyes
The Night of
Queen of the South
Starting on Preacher now i've got the full series :) Also Guilt, another 6 part drama and halfway through Another Period, second season petering out a little though.

Really couldn't get into Ballers, even though I'm a big fan of Rob Cordry, just seemed too forced and like something thats been on before.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

I'm watching outlander at the moment, episode ten first series, didn't think I'd like it but I'm really enjoying it.
Watched about fifteen minutes of preacher and turned it off, I may give it another go.
Lucifer - really enjoyed it, good fun and a good old welsh boy in the title role.
Watching outcast on sky at the moment also, quite good but Phillip glenister's American accent is not good.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Just watched stranger things...bloody excellent. 9.5/10
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:Sorry i had to shoot to wales and completely forgot, just get an android box for £40 and you can get every tv show ever made, and films too.
The Nvidea shield is the best, the best hard wear for streaming Kodi media. Supports 4K as well.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
The Nvidea shield is the best, the best hard wear for streaming Kodi media. Supports 4K as well.
Paddy will you learn to spell ffs!
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
All depends really, i stream sd and there is little difference, btw you cannot stream hd let alone 4k

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Have you got a shield?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Have you got a shield?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
No just a standard android box.

Madsocks
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
All depends really, i stream sd and there is little difference, btw you cannot stream hd let alone 4k
What do you mean is 1080 not HD quality?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
NVIDIA SHIELD is an amazing Ultra HD streaming media player. It delivers the ultimate in picture quality with incredible 4K resolution in favorite apps like Netflix, YouTube, and VUDU, as well as the brightness, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) in Netflix*. Add in rich Dolby Atmos or 7.1 surround sound,** and SHIELD delivers a true home theater experience. Or plug your headphones into your SHIELD controller or SHIELD remote for a private listening experience.

https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/android-tv
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ifm wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
NVIDIA SHIELD is an amazing Ultra HD streaming media player. It delivers the ultimate in picture quality with incredible 4K resolution in favorite apps like Netflix, YouTube, and VUDU, as well as the brightness, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) in Netflix*. Add in rich Dolby Atmos or 7.1 surround sound,** and SHIELD delivers a true home theater experience. Or plug your headphones into your SHIELD controller or SHIELD remote for a private listening experience.

https://shield.nvidia.co.uk/android-tv
You cannot stream true HD, they call it that and for all intents and purposes it is in that you couldn't tell by naked eye but technically it isn't.

Madsocks
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Started watching Banshee. Seems to have potential.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Watched Jersey Boys, it was OK but not as good as I'd have hoped.

Watched in the heat of the night again, still one of the best films ever made dealing with racism as it's subject.

Watched the wanderers again, THE BEST SOUNDTRACK Ever! and a bloody good film too.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:Watched Jersey Boys, it was OK but not as good as I'd have hoped.

Watched in the heat of the night again, still one of the best films ever made dealing with racism as it's subject.

Watched the wanderers again, THE BEST SOUNDTRACK Ever! and a bloody good film too.
Check out the thread title ;-)

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:Watched Jersey Boys, it was OK but not as good as I'd have hoped.

Check out the thread title ;-)
Check out my title - administrator :)