Wigan Day 2 - PC 14 - The shortest write-up since Masticmans

All your experiences in one place
Deleted User

Wigan Day 2 - PC 14 - The shortest write-up since Masticmans

Post by Deleted User »

Left house 9.15am

Deposited my father and my son in Altrincham for my boy's U14 rugby union match.

Got to Wigan, moved from Sportstat to floating.

Hung around for 5 hours. Marked 2 games of darts.

Went home, M6 was like a car park took 2 hours to do the 40 miles.

Complete waste of a day I could have spent with the kids.

(PS The boy's U14 match abandoned by the ref after a massive fight, that would have been much more fun!)
Ginge
International

Re: Wigan Day 2 - PC 14 - The shortest write-up since Mastic

Post by Ginge »

Two games all day?!?!
Big Jock Knew
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Ginge wrote:Two games all day?!?!
That's "floating" for you. If people don't want a break you can't make them. :)
Zeyes
International

Post by Zeyes »

So how many high finishes did Andy Jenkins take out to beat Webster in their semi with an average nearly 15 points less?
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Zeyes wrote:So how many high finishes did Andy Jenkins take out to beat Webster in their semi with an average nearly 15 points less?
Missed that game. Was already on the M6 motorway averaging 12 miles an hour in a 17 mile jam.
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

Sounds like I did something wrong david. You missed out the bit where you were 45 mins (no call or text) late and I needed to get the sportstat covered, you would have been added to a board at that point 11.00 but without a phone call or text i didnt even know youd be there. You missed the bit where I was looking for you and another floater to cover 2 games but youd gone for something to eat. You also missed tbe bit where you didnt look like a marker as you had a rugby club shirt on and a wales coat most of the day not all the markers no each other by site mate. Dont make out its all someone elses fault please.

From a floor managers point of view today was the hardest day ive had on the tour !!!

Floater means you hang around the boards your meant to be covering
Not as mustard as Chissy
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

Adie wrote:Sounds like I did something wrong david. You missed out the bit where you were 45 mins (no call or text) late and I needed to get the sportstat covered, you would have been added to a board at that point 11.00 but without a phone call or text i didnt even know youd be there. You missed the bit where I was looking for you and another floater to cover 2 games but youd gone for something to eat. You also missed tbe bit where you didnt look like a marker as you had a rugby club shirt on and a wales coat most of the day not all the markers no each other by site mate. Dont make out its all someone elses fault please.

From a floor managers point of view today was the hardest day ive had on the tour !!!

Not blaming anyone Adie. Traffic is traffic. Don't take this at all personally.

Edit - Actually I was saying I felt that I'd wasted my time. No apportioning of blame anywhere else. Something I'd clarified with Dave A last night.

On re-reading this you've taken umbrage and chosen to attack me personally. Thanks for clarifying where I stand. Like I didn't know already.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

I think you should complain
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

oche balboa wrote:I think you should complain
Lame post that Chris. :stir:
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

DavidOwen67 wrote:
Adie wrote:Sounds like I did something wrong david. You missed out the bit where you were 45 mins (no call or text) late and I needed to get the sportstat covered, you would have been added to a board at that point 11.00 but without a phone call or text i didnt even know youd be there. You missed the bit where I was looking for you and another floater to cover 2 games but youd gone for something to eat. You also missed tbe bit where you didnt look like a marker as you had a rugby club shirt on and a wales coat most of the day not all the markers no each other by site mate. Dont make out its all someone elses fault please.

Not blaming anyone Adie. Traffic is traffic. Don't take this at all personally.

Edit - Actually I was saying I felt that I'd wasted my time. No apportioning of blame anywhere else. Something I'd clarified with Dave A last night.

On re-reading this you've taken umbrage and chosen to attack me personally. Thanks for clarifying where I stand. Like I didn't know already.
Are you allowed to talk about this?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

And there was me always trying to get out of marking. :D felt I had to out of frustration at some. :D

Must have created a monster ifm but don't tell anyone. ;)

Long live the winners mark idea. :?

This maybe a better debate in the markers area, but we are all guilty of that. I think that the marking scheme has become a huge part of the professional game now (this is not a BDO/PDC thing, it is the environment great players can produce their best) and added duties of live scoring etc. plus floor managing and floating is a massive undertaking. It's a credit to see so many continuing to improve the service week on week.

Saw Stubby's FB 100%. :D
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

spaceman70 wrote:And there was me always trying to get out of marking. :D felt I had to out of frustration at some. :D

This maybe a better debate in the markers area, but we are all guilty of that. I think that the marking scheme has become a huge part of the professional game now and added duties of live scoring etc. plus floor managing and floating is a massive undertaking. It's a credit to see so many continuing to improve the service week on week.

Huh?
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:And there was me always trying to get out of marking. :D felt I had to out of frustration at some. :D

This maybe a better debate in the markers area, but we are all guilty of that. I think that the marking scheme has become a huge part of the professional game now and added duties of live scoring etc. plus floor managing and floating is a massive undertaking. It's a credit to see so many continuing to improve the service week on week.

Huh?
Sorry not allowed to talk about it.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ahhh i see, is that why it's in code?

Madsocks
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

This maybe a better debate in the markers area, but we are all guilty of that. I think that the marking scheme has become a huge part of the professional game now (this is not a BDO/PDC thing, it is the environment great players can produce their best) and added duties of live scoring etc. plus floor managing and floating is a massive undertaking. It's a credit to see so many continuing to improve the service week on week.

Baffled by this post. You know what I think Dave from our texts on Sunday. As for Stubby's FB post I have a lovely spreadsheet I'll send to you sometime down the line :D
Adie
County Player

Post by Adie »

David , not doing this on here if you want to talk you have my number
Not as mustard as Chissy
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Priceless.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

This will be appearing on df shortly
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Col wrote:This will be appearing on df shortly

Maybe Andy F spaceman will have it moved to the markers section.

Dave, if I was you lad, I would demand a refund after paying for the privilege to mark.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

You dont half come out with some crap dicie.

But thats fine. Its allowed on here