PDC Awards

All your experiences in one place
Stubby
County Player

PDC Awards

Post by Stubby »

Two weeks ago Spaceman phoned to asked as I was one of the few markers that had attended all of the protour weekends last year, would I like to be his guest to the awards presentation at the Dorchester hotel.

Without hesitation I agreed and yesterday myself and Daz (another ever present marker) made our way down to London, meeting up with Adie at Euston before checkin in to our hotel and getting suited up in our dinner suits and catching a cab to meet Dave and Chissy at a bar round the corner.

A short walk later and still not believing I was there we all walk in to the Dorchester mixing with the players, officials, sponsors, tv pundits and the PDC top brass.

Really chuffed Barry Hearn took the time to come over and greet us.

Eventually we made our way to our tables and I enjoyed a good meal followed by the awards and the speeches. After which I left still feeling privileged to be invited to the event.

This may not be everyone's cup of tea but I really appreciated the invite from Dave and ultimately the PDC.

The markers scheme has come a long way since it's conception 4 years ago and this recognition goes to show how much it's thought upon.
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Re: PDC Awards

Post by Justin Credible »

ok thanks
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

Justin Credible wrote:ok thanks

Nice to see the lads get recognition , ever present at pc weekends is a helluva commitment fair play to the markers.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Que Paddy and his true darts fan crap. :D
fling
County Player

Post by fling »

It is good that you have been recognised and were invited.
However judging from the photos I would have thought that one of you would have tried to outdo the suit worn by Peter Wright.
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

It sounds like you had a good night Stu, Daz, Adie, Chissy and Dave.

Unfortunately I could never attend these at this time of year - the curse of accountancy in January! For at least one month a year, I aren't allowed a social life!!
crispy1978
County Player

Post by crispy1978 »

This is a large part of the reason why a decent proportion of the markers very rarely post on the general forum!
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

BTW I can see why some of the markers would get the hump about doing write ups. After reading some of the shit posted on other forums about this write up.

FFS at least have the balls to post your "thoughts" on here you cowardly fucking spunkbubbles.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

crispy1978 wrote:
This is a large part of the reason why a decent proportion of the markers very rarely post on the general forum!
You used to talk about darts loads on the GF as you call it. I cant see that being a reason as to why you would stop. I can see what I just posted as being a reason for stopping posting write ups as I mention above.

Anyway I better stop or me and Dave will have another falling out ;) ;)
Stubby
County Player

Post by Stubby »

Col wrote:BTW I can see why some of the markers would get the hump about doing write ups. After reading some of the poo posted on other forums about this write up.

FFS at least have the balls to post your "thoughts" on here you cowardly fekkin spunkbubbles.
When they take the piss out of me at least someone else is being spared :D

Anyway it's good business for this place every time they direct traffic over here.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Stubby wrote:
Col wrote:BTW I can see why some of the markers would get the hump about doing write ups. After reading some of the poo posted on other forums about this write up.

FFS at least have the balls to post your "thoughts" on here you cowardly fekkin spunkbubbles.
When they take the piss out of me at least someone else is being spared :D

Anyway it's good business for this place every time they direct traffic over here.
Its just childish stubby and I am glad you see it for what it is. :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

crispy1978 wrote:
Because they are sissies? Surely not....

TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Col, why don't you take your own advice and tell them off on their own forum?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

TimmyB wrote:

I,m too scared.
TimmyB
County Player

Post by TimmyB »

Col wrote:
TimmyB wrote:

I,m too scared.
:D
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

crispy1978 wrote:
A handy excuse.

Imagine if people on forums general ribbed each other and got the p*ss taken out of them.

You must all hate going in pubs and to football matches, all those nasty words flying around!
Big Jock Knew
trotter
International

Post by trotter »

I don't really look at any other forums so I've not seen any digs but I like all write ups and I think that any snide comments are pretty pathetic really and I don't understand them
There is plenty to criticise in darts but write ups are not one of them in my opinion
Atticus
On The Naughty Step

Post by Atticus »

trotter wrote:I don't really look at any other forums so I've not seen any digs but I like all write ups and I think that any snide comments are pretty pathetic really and I don't understand them
There is plenty to criticise in darts but write ups are not one of them in my opinion
Sluuuuuurp!

Sent from my GT-I9505
Justin Credible
On The Naughty Step

Post by Justin Credible »

crispy1978 wrote:

Iz dat roght ?
Last edited by Justin Credible on Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dicie
International

Post by Dicie »

Should start doing your write ups again stubby and you shudda popped over and said hello. . . .