John Lowes New TV Programme

All your experiences in one place
rabsmith2
Superleague Player

Post by rabsmith2 »

OK, fools day gone for another year, this though is real, I will feature in a new ITV Prime Time Saturday night programme starting 12th April "Amazing Greys" It will feature senior citizens from many competitive walks of life, including Tennis, Football, Weight Lifting, Golf, General Knowledge, Cycling an Darts, Paddy McGuinness will host the show and Angela Rippon will be the co host and captain of the Greys, the show will be a challenge between the older Greys and the young guns of today, should none of the challengers beat two of the Greys out of three challenges he or she will win £10,000, I can tell you it's a great show and one I am pleased to have represented our sport of darts, did I win ? find out from April 12th it's a six week series.
(Taken from John's Facebook page).
Sounds good, will be great to see old stoneface back on the telly.

Would love one of those dart surrounds.
Last edited by rabsmith2 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:02 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Is this what Deta was on then?
Last edited by Ginge on Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Big Jock Knew
The Cat
International

Re: John Lowes New TV Programme

Post by The Cat »

Ginge wrote:Is this was Deta was on then?
Anyone? :DDD:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

That's what no sleep does to you. Fixed!
Big Jock Knew
WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA »

The Cat wrote:
Ginge wrote:Is this was Deta was on then?
Anyone? :DDD:
No !
TheFlash
Superleague Player

Post by TheFlash »

I wonder if Old Stonehead can be a champ in 4? 5? Different decades? I'm sure he won't keep reminding us if he is though :-)
Member of the Rune David fan club

Ex-president of the Matt Clarke Fanclub
10Darterme
The Ton Club

Post by 10Darterme »

TheFlash wrote:I wonder if Old Stonehead can be a champ in 4? 5? Different decades? I'm sure he won't keep reminding us if he is though :-)
He never liked it John Lowe when i rectified after he reeled of a few Scottish players names from the past
inc Harry heenan from Glasgow and Rab Smith from Dumfriess and he never mentioned the name of Jocky Wilson

John Lowe wasn't happy i could see when i mentioned about also when Jocky Wilson john i sais , i remember him beating you
in the Embassy final in 1982 ..he then aped and Jocky Wilson and his wife didn't seem impressed seated at a table
along with some others as she heard me and this was said in the bar of the Fishermans club in Eastbourne
just before the start of the Eastbourne open in 2005 ..also Angus Ross from Nairn was another player that i
mentioned to him as a very good darter and their are some others, every area has several very good darters
in my opinion , just some go onto do good things in the game and many do not , a break and the getting along
with good players at your side is needed for such .

By the way im a fan of John Lowe as always liked his style of throwing a dart
and thought his one of the World top players and still do and also have spoken up for John
when he was doing an exhibition in Scotland here in my region way back in 1979
whilst in the toilets and some half drunk saying he john lowe shall be up against it tonight
i replied to this guy on my right side he was talking utter nonsense as John Lowe is if not the best in the World
at that time then certainly is one of the best in the World , to which i felt a pat on my left shoulder
was John himself smiling and just liking my standing up for his name .

Was only he when in Eastbourne came over to the bar at my side , he sais Scotland
to me and i sais Aye ..he then mentioned some names at the time and i had to rectify him
leaving Jockys name out of his top Scottish players at the time at that bar
where an ex darting friend whom i went with from Eastbourne heard such himself .