Richardson at the Warwickshire Invatational

All your experiences in one place
shabbadooleys
Steady Sixties

Richardson at the Warwickshire Invatational

Post by shabbadooleys »

:D :D
I made the short trip to Coventry to play in this open with a mix of p.d.c players and b.d.o players i was made very welcomed when i arrived by Neil Pritchard.A good field in this event and was made up by 8 groups of 6 with the top 2 going through in each group with the most legs won the format was 7 legs and you play all 7.In my group was Steve Hine ,Richie Howson,Don Proctor,Jamie Atkins,Terry Temple i won my group and Steve went through in 2nd spot.In the last 16 i played Colin Osborne and won 5-2 then in the last 8 i played Scott Rand and lost 5-4 but was very happy how i played through out the day and can take that into Fridays qualifier for Germany and the 2 players champs at the weekend.I would like to thank Bruce for marking all our games on our board and to all the other pro-tour markers who took there time up to do this event. It was good to meet dart players who play in the bdo from other counties i had a chat with Glenn Durrant a top bloke never met him before and was a gent ,Steve Collins from Kent another top bloke, Don Proctor and was having a chat before our match that he was supposed to be playing bowls and i mentioned i played that game when i was younger,also i cant miss The young lady who i beleive is Martin Bowleys daughter who was doing the football cards she was brill she wanted my autograpgh and a photo.
I had a great day and left the venue at 7.30 to get my train at 8.30 and squeazed in a chicken phall at an idian next to the train station with my mum and dad then headed of to Reading to meet up with my wife and Josh as he is playing in the pdc youth this weekend.
A huge thankyou has to go to all the organisers the bar staff and to 'The Big Fella' Neil Pritchard a well run tournament and hope i get invited back next year thankyou.
Proudly Sponsored by........

ericbristowlegend
Pub Champion

Re: Richardson at the Warwickshire Invatational

Post by ericbristowlegend »

was following the updates all day on here seemed liked a greatly run tournament glad to hear you had a good time james and wel done on getting to the quarters is a pretty decent field :)
How goes it?
leftarmchucker
Pub Champion

Re: Richardson at the Warwickshire Invatational

Post by leftarmchucker »

Cheers for you and many of the others players there for making my daughters day ,was worried she was going to be bored and get distracted but you and many of the others were very welcoming to her and she loved it .She is already talking about next years event .

Oh and she had a very profitable day too and she was allowed to pick the teams by Jon Jukes with the proviso she would get half the winnings .Jon won twice and was as good as his word :)