Leicestershire

Tim Kirby
The Ton Club

Leicestershire

Post by Tim Kirby »

Well what a year, the first of the new regime and Leicestershire go the whole season with a perfect team record. Its been a long 9 months and stressful at times but yesterday made the whole experience more than worthwhile when after beating Clwyd 23 13 we completed the magic 9 wins out of 9.

On top of that the men won both the A and B divisions and the Ladies won the A division. It was also great to see Daz Tyler complete the perfect season winning all 9 of his games in the A with a tense 3 2 win yesterday which saw the whole of our support and team on their feet singing 'There's only one Daz Tyler' as he walked from the stage. I think he was slightly embarrassed but cant wait to get to the Masters and World Pro qualifiers in Hull now.

All in all a great season and bring on division 3 next year when we aim to be even better.

Also well done to two of our lads Jim Walker and Gaz Cousins who both got to the second round in Vienna and did themselves proud on the big stage. Seeing the two of them get through Q school and now producing some fantastic results fills us all with pride and their team mates look forward to their return next year as and when the calendar allows.
jabba180
Steady Sixties

Re: Leicestershire

Post by jabba180 »

Good on you Tim. Great season, many great memories from my time playing for Leics.

Jim was flying at the weekend. He was very unlucky to lose to Dean 6-5. He hit half a dozen maximums and a 161 finish, you would have thought he has been on the circuit for 20 years.
Tim Kirby
The Ton Club

Re: Leicestershire

Post by Tim Kirby »

jabba180 wrote:Good on you Tim. Great season, many great memories from my time playing for Leics.

Jim was flying at the weekend. He was very unlucky to lose to Dean 6-5. He hit half a dozen maximums and a 161 finish, you would have thought he has been on the circuit for 20 years.
Cheers Jamie, don't worry I haven't given up on you pulling on a Leics shirt again in the future.

Very pleased for Jim, he played Devon Peterson, Ted Hankey, Ronnie Baxter and Dean Winstanley to win his £1000 so fully deserved it. He's putting the practice in at the moment and long may his good form continue. Just a shame I wasn't there to cheer him on!