Used a product?
Won some darts?
Got some info on any darts equipment?

This is the place to put your reviews
Chambord
The Ton Club

Sigma™ Pro 950 Natural 18g

Post by Chambord »

I've been playing with Gary Anderson's darts lately and although you can't really ask for more than this set has to offer, I wanted to try something lighter, much lighter, thinking it will improve my consistency in longer games or when I'm tired and the hand becomes lazier.

Well, I could tell from the start that there aren't many players who would use these, but I liked them.
They were going all over the place at first but after a few hours of practice the T20s settled in. What I couldn't at all get used to was the combination of the sigma delta flights and sigma side load shafts. I've replaced them with world champion long shafts and P type flights and life was good again.

Playing with this setup I noticed a somewhat funny thing. The rate of T20's has increased but the rate of 180 has decreased. I mean, I can easily find a T20 on a visit, many times 2 T20s but a 3rd dart (usually the 1st or the last) goes off the treble bed (20, 1, 5, t5, t1). It must be related to the short grip. I'm just not getting my fingers right on every single dart.

The doubling was pretty terrible at first, much worse than with Gary's darts. This lead me to experiment and I found that my doubling percentage increases significantly if I use 2 separate type of throws for the upper board doubles (D20, D5, D18) and for the lower side of board (D16, D8, D10). But I won't go into details with that because you'll be stealing my technique and become world champ ahead of me.
mshaw2
Superleague Player

Re: Sigma™ Pro 950 Natural 18g

Post by mshaw2 »

You are way way over thinking this.

Pick up dart. Throw it naturally to you. Repeat ad infinitum.
THE ONE AND ONLY
On The Naughty Step

Re: Sigma™ Pro 950 Natural 18g

Post by THE ONE AND ONLY »

I reckon the reason your missing the 3rd treble 20 for the 180 score , is simply because your not used to hitting 180s
on a regular basis, for instance Chambord Its just your getting excited after the 2nd treble 20 goes in

and your getting the hot flushes in which happens with players whom are beginners or players just not used to hitting the 180s
not so many players whom can do such regularly like myself you know Chambord.

Instance I never got my name in Darts World for hitting the 4 x 180s for nothing you know .

And Chambord don't forget laddie v

There's a darter fae Fife whom plays the game
and some player he is , Stevie's the name
No man sais he , shall stand in his way
there is no other when on his day

180's are easy, as dbles are so
When he stands at the oche, to put on a show
as his dart hits the bullseye , the other players pout
count 1, 2 and 3 game shot, over and out

Now come try and beat him , if you dare
but when Stevie's on fire, you better beware
Whose No1, on Fife's golden shore's