Used a product?
Won some darts?
Got some info on any darts equipment?

This is the place to put your reviews
O C
Superleague Player

2019 Grand Slam prediction comp winner prize: 22g Jonny Clayton Lunar Edition

Post by O C »

Received my prize today, thank you Red Dragon! And Fling and the forum too for running a great comp.
I've had my eye on the regular Jonny Clayton model for a while now, but liked the looks of the Lunar Edition. It appears to be essentially the same dart but the grooves are atomized and it has special shafts and flights to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Lunar Landing.

These are a well balanced dart, they throw really nice. Good grip, feels secure without slipping but doesn't stick and has a smooth release. With the built-in trident point and the tapered front it makes for a very sleek dart.

A couple of pictures, including a 180 shortly after I started throwing them (using my usual shaft/flight setup).
Thanks all!
JC2.jpeg
JC2.jpeg (114.8 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
JC4.jpeg
JC4.jpeg (156.18 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
JC5.jpeg
JC5.jpeg (145.82 KiB) Viewed 1208 times
ssjsa
International

Re: 2019 Grand Slam prediction comp winner prize: 22g Jonny Clayton Lunar Edition

Post by ssjsa »

Darts look great. Good to see they made it across the pond okay. Oh and good 180.

Points of entry evenly spaced across the T20 bed, is this normal for your 180's. I use bulbous darts and my dismal amount of maximums tend to have to be similar. My darts hit the flights of my other dart or darts more than they hit the barrels.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
O C
Superleague Player

Re: 2019 Grand Slam prediction comp winner prize: 22g Jonny Clayton Lunar Edition

Post by O C »

The even spacing was just that throw. But my darts do usually land very straight and flat. I think that helps take them straight to the bed with not as much deflection.
I'll probably give these Claytons some more time after Christmas, our league end of season tournament starts this week so I don't want to switch darts around for the next 3 weeks (well, 3 if we make it to the final) :)

what bulbous darts do you use?
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

O C wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 pm The even spacing was just that throw. But my darts do usually land very straight and flat. I think that helps take them straight to the bed with not as much deflection.
I'll probably give these Claytons some more time after Christmas, our league end of season tournament starts this week so I don't want to switch darts around for the next 3 weeks (well, 3 if we make it to the final) :)

what bulbous darts do you use?
Have always used John Lowe darts and have the originals I bought some 40 years ago which had the rainbow flights which slotted through the middle of the stems, but no clue which weight they were. Didn't play darts for over 20 years , but built a darts room for a bit of fun, and had used 26g John Lowe Bullets as the darts of my choice, but blunted them so have been using the Knight 25g Red Dragon darts I won in our 2019 Prediction Competition since the middle of January to a lesser level of performance.

Since I started playing darts again some 4/5 years ago, and only in my darts room, this year is the worst in terms of 180's and ton plus finishes, so am going to get my John Lowe's sharpened and going back to using them in 2020.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner