2010 StanJames.com World Matchplay - Day 3

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Mr Glass
County Player

Re: 2010 StanJames.com World Matchplay - Day 3

Post by Mr Glass »

Eccles looks like a convict. :ignored:

No get out of jail cards here though.. 8-)

Whitlock looking comfortable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
druid
Superleague Player

Post by druid »

Not looking good for Tony
" I am the original Druid! "
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto »

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:Eccles looks like a convict. :ignored:

No get out of jail cards here though.. 8-)

Whitlock looking comfortable.
Hey, you just copied my joke style.

Although I'll admit you're punchline was way better... if your name was Keith Chegwin.
Mr P. Neshead
Superleague Player

Post by Mr P. Neshead »

Whitlock is Australian, hence Land Down Under by Men at Work. Good choice of walk on tune.

Eccles has the nickname of "The Viper", so why give him Rock This Party by Bob Sinclar?
druid
Superleague Player

Post by druid »

I could fix Sid with a roll of duct tape and a ball peen hammer..... :banghead:
" I am the original Druid! "
Arnie
Brass Darts

Post by Arnie »

Gary M wrote:
Arnie wrote:Great match there!

The commentators 'adolf hitler' blub was abit stupid though :oops:
What did he say :? ?
When a girl in the crowd wearing a moustache was in camera view, he made some stupid comment about "There's someone with an adolf hitler moustache, what will we see next at blackpool" or something. He promptly went silent while the other commentator said "No you mean a terry jenkins moustache"
JeroenvdV
Superleague Player

Post by JeroenvdV »

Mr P. Neshead wrote:Whitlock is Australian, hence Land Down Under by Men at Work. Good choice of walk on tune.

Eccles has the nickname of "The Viper", so why give him Rock This Party by Bob Sinclar?
Thought Eccles choose the tune himself.

Whitlocks tune is simply not fair.. :thumbdown:
Whitlocks tune was at BDO inxs - new sensation, thats a nice tune if you ask me.
So to change it to the "all players from australia"tune is simply cheeky.. :angry5:
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Well done Bomber.

Really liked the look of him - confident lad - which is a good thing.

Whitlock looking the business.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj »

JeroenvdV wrote:
Mr P. Neshead wrote:Whitlock is Australian, hence Land Down Under by Men at Work. Good choice of walk on tune.

Whitlocks tune was at BDO inxs - new sensation, thats a nice tune if you ask me.
So to change it to the "all players from australia"tune is simply cheeky.. :angry5:
I agree New Sensation was a great choice, he still had it at the Worlds, it wasn't until the Premier League that it got changed - dare I say Sky would've been a major influence in that
Mr P. Neshead
Superleague Player

Post by Mr P. Neshead »

JeroenvdV wrote:

I don't like the "Wizard of Oz" bit at the start of the walk on, but I'd prefer Men at Work to INXS, plus they need the money from the song rights at the moment.

If Tony did choose that himself, I personally think its a poor choice and does nothing to relate to his nickname or persona. Will anyone hear that song and instantly think of Tony Eccles as a result?
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Should Eccles head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
JeroenvdV
Superleague Player

Post by JeroenvdV »

ralph cifaretto wrote:Should Eccles head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
That would be a stupid thing to do at the moment, he is very close at top 32 so he just have to hold on.. 8-)
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ralph cifaretto wrote:Should Eccles head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
bit unfair. Can't think anyone seriously expected him to get past Whitlock.
Angela_ZB
Pub Champion

Post by Angela_ZB »

That's pure bull. Even when Eccles doesn't get far on the big events...you seem to forget that even then he can make a better living at the PDC compared to the BDO. Ask around and you will hear how it works.
@angelavanhees on twitter, darts is my Christmas present
JeroenvdV
Superleague Player

Post by JeroenvdV »

Anderson really improved his game.

His doubles went in faster than usual.. :DDDD:
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Angela_ZB wrote:
That's pure bull. Even when Eccles doesn't get far on the big events...you seem to forget that even then he can make a better living at the PDC compared to the BDO. Ask around and you will hear how it works.
It's not pure bull. No diss to Tony, or any of the lower ranked PDC players, i know how good they are compared to me. BDO tournaments cost 10 quid to enter. PDC events costs 100 pound per event plus travel, accomdation, food, drink etc. I bet you Tony makes far less money than you would think ANgela.

For some players it might be worthwhile thinking about heading back to the 'amateurs' and setting their sights on that 100k Lakeside prize.
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Should Mardle head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
Should Painter head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
Should Manley head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
Should Andy Jenkins head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
Should Robert Thornton head back to the BDO? The PDC doesn't seem to be working out for him.
Should Terry Jenkins retire?

PS I am making a serious point with this and the post replying to Angela.
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

Would be interesting to get Tony's take on things.

He's qualified for plenty of majors but does this constitute a successful switch?

I'm not so sure, having said that just to qualify for the WMP means you have to be a seriously good player, particularly when you see the guys that didn't make it.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

Anderson cruising the battle of the Scots. :DDDD:

Thornton could soon seriously start falling back down the rankings when he begins defending monies Won. A player alarmingly out of form.

Anderson looking for a 10-0 whitewash. :shock:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

definitely won't be a late finish again tonight.