The Ladies Final on Saturday

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Re: The Ladies Final on Saturday

Postby HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:17 pm

So who's going to write the Wikipedia entry?

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:19 pm

gers222 wrote:on a serious side...does this now mean stacy gets a invite to the tour next year with all expensise paid.... and a member who pays all his dues and entries for last 2 years will lose out when he is on 97 place......maybe ladders????

thats a good point there Gers and one that the PDC should address, its all very well making these tour card offers to BDO people in order to try and destabilise them but one must not forget the potential effect it has on their own loyal paying members
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO

21st April 2016 7:01am

Myfanwy
Brass Darts

Postby Myfanwy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:21 pm

well, i firmly believe that one of the main reasons that us ladies are just not as good as you men at darts is because we are not so keen on developing the repetitive muscle memory action in our wrists as young teenagers, like most of you gentleman do :lol:

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:22 pm

Myfanwy wrote:well, i firmly believe that one of the main reasons that us ladies are just not as good as you men at darts is because we are not so keen on developing the repetitive muscle memory action in our wrists as young teenagers, like most of you gentleman do :lol:

:DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:

And some of our members are still trying to further develop that muscle it would seem :D

HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Postby HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 pm

Myfanwy wrote:well, i firmly believe that one of the main reasons that us ladies are just not as good as you men at darts is because we are not so keen on developing the repetitive muscle memory action in our wrists as young teenagers, like most of you gentleman do :lol:

Which is why we just cannot compete at blow football like you ladies...

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 pm

HayemakerBen wrote:

only the un-married ones Ben then it seems they lose that ability :showbum: :showbum:

LawrenceGallagher
The Ton Club

Postby LawrenceGallagher » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Wow! :shock: That was not good. Nerves were very evident. Both ladies are far better players than they showed in that horror show of a match. It was one of the most painful things I have ever watched.
"He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage"

HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Postby HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:25 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
HayemakerBen wrote:

only the un-married ones Ben then it seems they lose that ability :showbum: :showbum:

Ha haaaaaaaaa...... Jeez, thats a worrying thought!

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:26 pm

LawrenceGallagher wrote:Wow! :shock: That was not good. Nerves were very evident. Both ladies are far better players than they showed in that horror show of a match. It was one of the most painful things I have ever watched.

but your girl won it mate

chop
Steady Sixties

Postby chop » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 pm

both were very nervous but they won their way through and both deserved to be there , the mens game didnt get to where it is today overnite i can remember when a 100 was greeted with cheers on tv give them a chance this was the 1st hopefully not the last, well done stacey and trish its not your fault it wasnt the final pdc or sky wanted, what were the averages did anyone record them

LawrenceGallagher
The Ton Club

Postby LawrenceGallagher » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:30 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
LawrenceGallagher wrote:Wow! :shock: That was not good. Nerves were very evident. Both ladies are far better players than they showed in that horror show of a match. It was one of the most painful things I have ever watched.

but your girl won it mate

Does not change the fact that I was embarrassed for her. I know Stacy and I know that was nerves and nothing else. I know she will be gutted that they did not further the cause of womans darts. 10K in her pockets will dampen that a touch but she is a proud person and am 100% sure she wanted to put on a better show than that.
"He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage"

crazydarter
Pub Champion

Postby crazydarter » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:38 pm

ok it was not a good game of darts.... nerves no doubt !!! but does give the morons on here the given right to slag both players who on their day would beat you both ( a.edwards & ben) i watched both of them at barnsley and they both deserved the win to be in the final.....

well done stacey :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:

.... oh and for the record there will be more pdc darts for the WOMAN .... ;) can't wait !!!!!

HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Postby HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:41 pm

crazydarter wrote:ok it was not a good game of darts.... nerves no doubt !!! but does give the morons on here the given right to slag both players who on their day would beat you both ( a.edwards & ben) i watched both of them at barnsley and they both deserved the win to be in the final.....

.... oh and for the record there will be more pdc darts for the WOMAN .... ;) can't wait !!!!!

Crazydarter, I for one do not claim to be of any darting ability, but as I am paying £100 a month to Sky I can say what the hell I like... And like the overwhelming majority of posters tonight agree, it was appauling.

What a ridiculas suggestion saying they could beat me at darts (yes they could) (probably?!?!) But then I could beat them at tennis for example.

Bag Carrier
County Player

Postby Bag Carrier » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:46 pm

crazydarter wrote:ok it was not a good game of darts.... nerves no doubt !!! but does give the morons on here the given right to slag both players who on their day would beat you both ( a.edwards & ben) i watched both of them at barnsley and they both deserved the win to be in the final.....

Im glad you have knowledge that we dont, that there is going to be more PDC darts for ladies ???

gers222 wrote:on a serious side...does this now mean stacy gets a invite to the tour next year with all expensise paid.... and a member who pays all his dues and entries for last 2 years will lose out when he is on 97 place......maybe ladders????

Stacey and Tricia only get the sponsorship and tour card if they sign PDPA, If they dont I believe the places go to the tour school, but not 100% sure on that.
JFT96

chop
Steady Sixties

Postby chop » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:48 pm

£100 a month for sky and the only programme on the entire sky network you dont like is ladies darts? solution switch channels and get off the forum you should be watching takeshis castle get your monies worth

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Postby and the Iron Fist » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:48 pm

HayemakerBen wrote:What a ridiculas suggestion saying they could beat me at darts (yes they could) (probably?!?!) But then I could beat them at tennis for example.

Well, I doubt Phil Taylor is much of a whiz at tennis; maybe you could beat him too but what's that got to do with anything?! They weren't there to play tennis.

Why be a total arse about two people in a really difficult situation trying to do their best?
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

Dartoid
Steady Sixties

Postby Dartoid » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:53 pm

Some of the comments in this threrad are just embarrasing. Good darts or nervous darts - congratulations are due both Stacy and Tricia. They earned the right to be in the final and they are extraordinary players.

I wonder - I really do - how many of you who are ridiculing the performances could beat either of them. I doubt very few of you could.

They should be shown some respect.

HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Postby HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:54 pm

chop wrote:£100 a month for sky and the only programme on the entire sky network you dont like is ladies darts? solution switch channels and get off the forum you should be watching takeshis castle get your monies worth

To be honest the majority I don't like and no Takashis castle is not one of them, I find Craigs commentray rather amusing, but we digrese.....I tend to stick along the Sky Sports area of the channel network and if its Boxing, Tennis or Darts I will watch anything.. After tonight I can really confirm that!

ChrisW
International

Postby ChrisW » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:54 pm

come on it was not great, but we have seen many ladies darts at the lakeside similar. Even finals.
It is the first PDC Women's final on stage. And no chance for the girls to get used to being on stage.

If the PDC is going to be serious about womens darts we need to see more of it and more qfs sfs and then finals.
Also introduce womens darts into the Players Championship events on a weekly basis.

Only then will you see a quality improvement in Women's darts. It may take two or three years but it will work.

HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Postby HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:55 pm

and the Iron Fist wrote:
HayemakerBen wrote:What a ridiculas suggestion saying they could beat me at darts (yes they could) (probably?!?!) But then I could beat them at tennis for example.

Well, I doubt Phil Taylor is much of a whiz at tennis; maybe you could beat him too but what's that got to do with anything?! They weren't there to play tennis.

Why be a total arse about two people in a really difficult situation trying to do their best?

I was making an ass about him mentioning they could beat me at darts.. Thats irellevent, some of the finest sports writers were never sportsman, the point has no creedence...

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”