The Ladies Final on Saturday

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
HayemakerBen
Steady Sixties

Re: The Ladies Final on Saturday

Post by HayemakerBen » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:56 pm

polarbear70 wrote: more qfs sfs and then finals.
Also introduce womens darts into the Players Championship events on a weekly basis.

Only then will you see a quality improvement in Women's darts. It may take two or three years but it will work.

Most sensible thing said in a while...
Twitter: Hayemakerben
Facebook:

Dartoid
Steady Sixties

Post by Dartoid » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:00 am

I was making an ass...

The person you're making an ass of (haymakerBen) is yourself.

Give it a rest.
Last edited by Dartoid on Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceGallagher
The Ton Club

Post by LawrenceGallagher » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:01 am

Dartoid wrote:I wonder - I really do - how many of you who are ridiculing the performances could beat either of them. I doubt very few of you could.

I agree! I would dare say most armchair pros that dissect this and other matches could not play their way out of a paper sack. Being on that stage.....with the pressure that comes along with wanting to do well (not to mention the fact that to some degree the respect for the womans game riding on their shoulders) that any of these detractors could have done nearly as well. Congrats to both ladies.
"He's a snake in the grass, I tell ya guys
He may look dumb but that's just a disguise
He's a mastermind in the ways of espionage"

Bag Carrier
County Player

Post by Bag Carrier » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:02 am

polarbear70 wrote:come on it was not great, but we have seen many ladies darts at the lakeside similar. Even finals.
It is the first PDC Women's final on stage. And no chance for the girls to get used to being on stage.

If the PDC is going to be serious about womens darts we need to see more of it and more qfs sfs and then finals.
Also introduce womens darts into the Players Championship events on a weekly basis.

Only then will you see a quality improvement in Women's darts. It may take two or three years but it will work.

Very true what you say, but you have forgotten the biggest factor DARTING POLITICS.
JFT96

jwarner
Steady Sixties

Post by jwarner » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:05 am

Dartoid wrote:Some of the comments in this threrad are just embarrasing. Good darts or nervous darts - congratulations are due both Stacy and Tricia. They earned the right to be in the final and they are extraordinary players.

I wonder - I really do - how many of you who are ridiculing the performances could beat either of them. I doubt very few of you could.

They should be shown some respect.

Whether they could beat certain people does not change the fact that it wasn't good T.V. at the time. 5's 26's 11's and missing the whole freakin board isn't good television. It doesn't matter if they were nervous the results are the results. You can't change that.
Pilots: Looking down on people since 1903

Dartoid
Steady Sixties

Post by Dartoid » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:11 am

jwarner - I don't disagree about the quality of play. Fair enough, we both know that both of the ladies can play far, far, FAR better. At least I do - Stacy has cleaned my clock many, many times. I've watched Tricia shoot often. My point, really (I accept that I digressed) is that they deserve some respect. You have posted that it would have been a better show had walk-on girls competed and you should be ashamed. That is degrading to Tricia and Stacy. They won their way through to the final. They had a lot on their backs.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:18 am

For the record (someone asked for them):

Stacy - 63.98
Tricia - 61.68

Dave Burrill
Brass Darts

Post by Dave Burrill » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:51 am

Myfanwy wrote:well, i firmly believe that one of the main reasons that us ladies are just not as good as you men at darts is because we are not so keen on developing the repetitive muscle memory action in our wrists as young teenagers, like most of you gentleman do :lol:

I did find that most amusing :DDD:

sonofsam
The Ton Club

Post by sonofsam » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:04 am

nikkiboy wrote:Well it was greeted with a lot of scepticism at the onset, some claimed it was nothing more than a publicity stunt and to be honest although it was a poor quality game the way it has been treated just shows that it may have been just a stunt, who knows for sure, Unicorn are the sponsors and hopefully they will press for this to continue but next time with maybe the last 4 or 8 on TV

Are you serious ? Do you really think that broadcasters will EXTEND what we have seen tonight ?

jwarner
Steady Sixties

Post by jwarner » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:06 am

Dartoid wrote:jwarner - You have posted that it would have been a better show had walk-on girls competed and you should be ashamed.

I stand by my statement. Having the walk on girls doing some kind of mini competition just for fun would have been far more entertaining.
Pilots: Looking down on people since 1903

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:17 am

jwarner wrote:
Dartoid wrote:jwarner - You have posted that it would have been a better show had walk-on girls competed and you should be ashamed.

I stand by my statement. Having the walk on girls doing some kind of mini competition just for fun would have been far more entertaining.

maybe seeing them whipping your arse on stage might

Sat Nav
The Ton Club

Post by Sat Nav » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:25 am

jwarner wrote: I stand by my statement. Having the walk on girls doing some kind of mini competition just for fun would have been far more entertaining.

That is just laughable crap. You know diddly squat about darts. Perhaps go onto a movie forum and leave darts to people that understand it.

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:39 am

Report of the final is up now on Planetdarts by the way - they are NOT pretending it didn't happen.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

The Ton Club

Post by Offline » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:56 am

Some of the posters on here are unbelieveable, yes maybe the final wasn't the best standard, but both girls played their guts out to get there. Nerves were always going to play a big part, it was the biggest moment in their darting lives after all, anyone who plays darts has had a nightmare game where things don't go according to plan, it was only the other day hat eveyone was complaining about how dire waynes jones game was. I wonder how many of the people making derrogartory comments here have actually spent any time watching any ladies games, the standard of ladies darts, just like mens, can be extremely high but also, just like mens, there is some nightmare games as well.
And as for the posters who claim to spend a fortune on a sky subscription and expect to be entertained and see high quality sport, you always had the opportunity to change over to sky sports 2 and see some really overweight, unfit, ex footballers, who couldn't turn on a roundabout let alone six pence, walk about an indoor football pitch and probably pick up a big wad of cash as appearance money, masters football would be up before the trading standards office if it claimed to be high quality or entertaining. :roll:

jchatt30
Feather Flights

Post by jchatt30 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:31 am

Like some on here, I know Stacy very well and I can vouch for the fact that she is a terrific player. She could easily hold her own against the men here in America.

I felt sorry for both ladies today. They were shoved back to drunk - O - Clock and were given no build up whatsoever. They were thrown to the lions den so to speak. Remember, the first time Phil Taylor played on TV I bet he wasn't hitting 100+ averages. I agree with the previous poster that said that the ladies should have been allowed to build up to the final by playing the top 8 in and around the other games during the week. Then we would have seen a much better game. As it was, nerves, tension and the whole weight of the ladies game were on their shoulders. Nobody should be surprised at the results of that.

I hope that this isn't the end of ladies darts in the PDC. Like the men's game, it will take time to build it up. Today was only the beginning. Well done to both ladies I say for first of all playing through a tough field to get there and then playing through all the expected tension and nerves, and a special congratulations to Stacy for winning.

JimC

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:46 am

Well done both ladies and well done to the PDC for giving ladies darts a go.

From small acorns and all that.

Both ladies must have had off nights - we've seen Ana throw 85+ averages on TV at the GSOD, so we know a lot of these ladies CAN really play.

PDC are making encouraging noises about womens and youth darts - they might not get it right early doors but at least their seems to be some sort of commitment there.

Just a pity both ladies couldn't have played the darts they are obviously capable of - the tone of this thread would have been completely different. :D :D
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Steveo
Steady Sixties

Post by Steveo » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:59 am

Standard in the ladies final night was not the best but I am sure that it was the nerves that got to both players, I am sure that both players were up there to win and trying their best to perform.

Both these ladies are a lot better than they showed last night, anyone who was in Barnsley to see them qualify through will verify.

Keep the ladies events coming and as they get more publicity and bigger prize money the standard will get better.

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:36 am

Well played Stacey, unlucky Trisha.

Lets not forget the fact that this was the biggest moment in the darting careers, playing for more money than theyve ever played for b4.

It was a huge game for ladies darts, ok, wasnt exactly top quality darts, but then i think we try and compare like with like here, womens and mens game, which is unfair to the 2 ladies in question. Remeber, (which alot of us didnt see) these 2 played top darts to qualify.

If people think its easy up on that stage, ur wrong. At the city west 1 yr i got on stage to take a few photos, and the heat (before the matches started or the place was full) was unreal.

I wish the 2 of em all the best, and onward for darts, ladies and mens..

callataxi
Pub Champion

Post by callataxi » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:12 am

Bradders wrote:The reason Sky arent showing the averages:

http://home.broadpark.no/~rboy/live/livescore.html

like the look of that livescore bradders. has it been on throughout the tournament?

are the averages updated throughout the match?

is it likely to be on future tournaments?

i have always wondered why they cant having the averages on nxt to the scores as its always interesting

watching them change over a period of a match. it cant be lack of room, because when they do put them up

it doesnt hinder any view of the board.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:37 am

I don't think so, it's just a test Roger is doing this weekend.

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”