The Ladies Final on Saturday

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
Rudy
County Player

Re: The Ladies Final on Saturday

Post by Rudy » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:38 am

I repeat what I wrote in my previous post and after that found some adhesion with a few of you. The PDC and Sky should, if ever they would be inclined to take this ladies event seriously, have the quarters, semi's and final on stage and not just the final. The majority of the audiences know diddly squat (I love that expression ;) ) about the majority of the lady darts players and should be introduced a build up to the pinnacle by creating a competition.

By the way: why not do this event at Ally Pally, after all they call it the PDC ladies world championship, or does this conflict with Lakeside for the BDO ladies? Anyway, even if it were to be maintained at this lovely Blackpool venue, I'd program the ladies' quarters, semi's and final before the men's to prevent the audiences in the venue and at home from experiencing an unnessessary anti climax in gameplay and averages which is inevitable if the men have just vanished off the stage after hammering in 100 plus averages.

checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:14 am

sky may give this one more go but i doubt it,there is just no intrest in ladies darts for the viewer or maybe even from the ladies themselves judging by the very poor turnout at the big bdo comp yesterday. I have no doubt there is a core of the top women who can play much better than was shown last night but as someone who has to sit through the mind numbing wait to play county matches as the girls trawl through 7 to 15 averages with not a tv camera in sight, i think the day of a pdc womens tour is a long way off. As strenght is not needed to play darts there is really no excuse for the vast difference in quality, except to say that wa***ng might be a factor :lol: taylor must have spent a hell of an amount of time on his ownsome :IIII: :DDD:

Plunged
Steady Sixties

Post by Plunged » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:18 am

In tennis they seperate the men and women's games from the quarter finals onwards (iirc). The women's final is played on saturday while the men's final is played on sunday. It will make tournaments longer though. And maybe playing in different venues or add more boards (like at the UK Open) is a good idea?

TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:53 pm

Just watched rerun it probably didnt help playing after Taylor- hope Sky continue with the ladies i have my doubts though they couldnt be bothered showing the presentation after .

avalon
County Player

Post by avalon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:02 pm

checkmate wrote:sky may give this one more go but i doubt it,there is just no intrest in ladies darts for the viewer or maybe even from the ladies themselves judging by the very poor turnout at the big bdo comp yesterday. I have no doubt there is a core of the top women who can play much better than was shown last night but as someone who has to sit through the mind numbing wait to play county matches as the girls trawl through 7 to 15 averages with not a tv camera in sight, i think the day of a pdc womens tour is a long way off. As strenght is not needed to play darts there is really no excuse for the vast difference in quality, except to say that wa***ng might be a factor :lol: taylor must have spent a hell of an amount of time on his ownsome :IIII: :DDD:

So if strength is irrelevant, follow this logic,

take any man in the top say 200 of the OoM give him 24 grm darts and a target 50 yards away, and any of the top ladies the same... who would be closer to the target... the man of course, so drop the distance to 40 yards, the man would still be closer, drop the distance again to 30 yards he would still win... but as the distance gets smaller and smaller it increases the chances for the lady player... and somewhere a long the way people have decided that at 2.37 meters it is equal... sorry its nonsense because by that same logic at 2 meters the woman would be better and that isnt the case.

A lot has to do with muscle control and if women had the same muscle control as the men why is it there are more male surgeons in the world than females. Due to strength a man can hold his arm and hand in one place longer and steadier than a woman and is also able to repeat that over and over on a more consistent basis too.

So I would disagree and say strength and control of that strength plays an important part in the differences between men and women in darts
Image ImageImage Image

chop
Steady Sixties

Post by chop » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:47 pm

We have separate ladies events in nearly all sports so why not darts! ladies chess, ladies bowls,ladies pool hardly a reason why they couldnt be played on level terms but they still have their own national and international championships

lizlala170
Brass Darts

Post by lizlala170 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:14 pm

You know something after reading all these comments on the forum, I personally feel that some of you are just plain stupid and idiots, you have no respect for the Ladies game at all I bet half you lot would not even make it up there.

Both these ladies have beaten the favourites in the past. Tricia had to go through the Riley’s qualifiers to get to the last 32 then she had to go to Barnsley to the playoffs to get to the Final, they not only deserved their place but also deserve some respect for getting there.

Granted the game was not as exciting as it should have been but we all know these ladies they are world class players and have beaten the best.

A lot of nerves played a part in their game and also as a few of you have said to put it on at that time of night was a bit ridiculous, however mistakes were made and I am sure that the PDC Sky etc have learnt from them.

As far as I am concerned they had some great support from those spectators that remained and there were hundreds of them it was the biggest moment in both their lives and I am sure they will relish the challenge next time.

I am sick and tired of hearing it was not the final they expected the other ladies did not get through Stacey and Tricia did so stop with the stupid comments, and yes a lot of the top ladies did not enter because they were to bloody scared incase they lost their England places or were ditched by the BDO every lady had the opportunity to enter into this tournament, some made their own decisions not to play and others were told not to play.

Both Tricia and Stacey decided to enter and I for one am very glad they both did, they are both great ambassadors for Ladies Darts and all they want to do is put the Ladies back on the map and granted it was not their best performances but as I have said they will have learnt by that experience at The World Matchplay.

So come on stop slating them off and give credit where credit is due, they will be back on TV again at the Grand Slam of Darts and the experience at the World Matchplay will be behind them and they will have learnt from that.

I personally have seen some of the top men players play abysmal do you slate them off, these ladies can and will hold their own against (maybe not all of them) the men.

All I can say now is well done to Sky the PDC Unicorn and Riley’s for putting this event together and hopefully it will be better supported next year.

RANT OVER

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:18 pm

lizlala170 wrote: some made their own decisions not to play and others were told not to play.

That's not the story given by the IDPA!
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

TDSS
The Ton Club

Post by TDSS » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:29 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
lizlala170 wrote: some made their own decisions not to play and others were told not to play.

That's not the story given by the IDPA!

And they're really going to admit players were told not to play :roll:
Nothing to see here.....

lizlala170
Brass Darts

Post by lizlala170 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:43 pm

Off course no-one is going to admit they were told not to play, but I know certain ladies were told not to play I also know that certain ladies made it their decision not to play, Tricia is an IDPA member also an England international and chose to play and to be honest i really dont give a damn either way who said not to and who said what all i know is that the girls that did compete in this event should be very proud of themselves and long may it continue.
Last edited by lizlala170 on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:46 pm

lizlala170 wrote:Off course no-one is going to admit they were told not to play, but I know certain ladies were told not to play I also know that certain ladies made it their decision not to play, and to be honest i really dont give a damn either way who said not to and who said what all i know is that the girls that did compete in this event should be very proud of themselves and long may it continue.

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:14 pm

well said liz you can only play against those who turn up, to be honest if you check the very early threads on the old site deta thought stacey would be right in the mix and tricia ran her very close, the ladies played excellently at barnsley not so good at blackpool but that doesnt make them bad players they just had a bad day.
dont know stacey to well but tricia on her day is awesome lets hope they get another chance to show it

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:16 pm

WCDPA wrote:well said liz you can only play against those who turn up, to be honest if you check the very early threads on the old site deta thought stacey would be right in the mix and tricia ran her very close, the ladies played excellently at barnsley not so good at blackpool but that doesnt make them bad players they just had a bad day.
dont know stacey to well but tricia on her day is awesome lets hope they get another chance to show it

Tricia is a great player, played her in the first round of a local open last year.

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:45 pm

she was lucky against me liz will remember greensides i lost to tricia 3/2 tried every trick in the book and she still won lol

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:47 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
WCDPA wrote:well said liz you can only play against those who turn up, to be honest if you check the very early threads on the old site deta thought stacey would be right in the mix and tricia ran her very close, the ladies played excellently at barnsley not so good at blackpool but that doesnt make them bad players they just had a bad day.

Tricia is a great player, played her in the first round of a local open last year.

did you take a leg off of her Dave?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:

did you take a leg off of her Dave?

I won :o :lol:

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:01 pm

sorry couldnt resist mate :D
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

jacktimo
Feather Flights

Post by jacktimo » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:53 am

Don't really care who wins just hope that the crowd give the players the best of order and the respect they deserve and its a good advert for ladies darts

VDarts-Global
Feather Flights

Post by VDarts-Global » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:16 am

Blatant advert removed by admin

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”