Canada - Sunday. Results and Discussion

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
nikkiboy
International

Re: Canada - Sunday. Results and Discussion

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am

Bradders wrote:It would take a bizarre outcome at the WGP to drop Part out of the Top 32 and stop Mawson getting his place. A long run from Eccles, or Brown getting to the final, something like that.

stranger things have happened :COMP2:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:31 am

From http://www.unicorn-darts.com/news/2010/ ... elief.aspx

Part's World Championship Relief

Jamie Caven missed out on back-to-back Canadian titles but it was hometown boy John Part who was left celebrating in Ontario, despite missing out in his ‘home’ tournament.

Unicorn’s three-times World Champion lost in the last 16 of the Canadian Masters but his run to the 4th Round was good enough for Part to clinch top spot in the 2010 North American Order of Merit.

He finished ahead of American Darin Young and it means that whatever happens in the PDC Order of Merit, Part has clinched his place at the World Championship in December.[wrapimg=right]http://www.unicorn-darts.com/upload/blog/posts/mainimages/nb2206.JPG[/wrapimg]

And he may yet also qualify for the Grand Slam of Darts IV in November, as reward for finishing in 1st place in that North American table.

Part will have to wait on results in the World Grand Prix in Dublin and also the Championship League Darts event, but as it stands, he could yet get a place at the Grand Slam.

Caven just missed out on a ‘perfect’ weekend at the Hilton, London Ontario….24 hours after he won the Canadian Players Championship, he lost in the final of the Canadian Masters to Colin Lloyd.

‘Jabba’ beat Alan Tabern in a last leg decider in the quarter-finals and was then too good for Steve Maish in the last four, but he was well beaten 6-1 by Lloyd in the final.

But it was a terrific Canadian weekend for the Team Unicorn man, who pocketed £7,500 for his efforts.

Wes Newton reached the semi-finals for the second consecutive day….he was unlucky to lose 6-4 to Lloyd in what was his 5th Pro Tour semi-final of the year.

And Kevin Painter won through to his 7th PDC Pro Tour quarter-final of 2010, but he was another of Lloyd’s victims, going down 6-4.

In the last 16, Part lost 6-3 to Mark Dudbridge…..the Canadian ace is currently at No.31 in the PDC Order of Merit but he now has his safety net for the Ally Pally in December.

Also in the last 16, Andy Hamilton lost 6-2 to Priestley and Barrie Bates was beaten in a last leg decider by Maish.

In the 3rd Round, Colin Osborne went down 6-3 to Part, while Paul Nicholson’s poor weekend was ended6-3 by total unknown Royden Lam in the 2nd Round. Gary Mawson lost 6-3 to Darren Johnson at the same stage.

Unicorn youngster Arron Monk was beaten in a last leg decider in the 1st Round by Dave Switzer.

But a great weekend for Jamie Caven, as he gets ever closer to his goal of a place in the world’s top 16 by January!

And relief for John Part, who can hopefully relax now and win a spot at the World Grand Prix through some big performances in the Players Championship events during September.

Results – Quarter Finals:

Wes Newton 6-2 Mark Dudbridge
Colin Lloyd 6-4 Kevin Painter
Jamie Caven 6-5 Alan Tabern
Steve Maish 6-5 Dennis Priestley

Losers - £700

Semi-Finals:

Colin Lloyd 6-4 Wes Newton
Jamie Caven 6-2 Steve Maish

Losers - £1,250

Final:

Colin Lloyd 6-1 Jamie Caven

Winner - £5,000
Runner-up - £2,500

By STUART PYKE

Photo courtesy Chris Sargeant
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:38 am

Part will probably want to fall out of the Top 32 given what that would mean in terms of a second round match at the Ally Pally!

hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:18 pm

Bradders wrote:Part will probably want to fall out of the Top 32 given what that would mean in terms of a second round match at the Ally Pally!

Are you implying that the 3 time world champion can't deal with some diddy from Stoke :D

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:24 pm

hang the dj wrote:
Bradders wrote:Part will probably want to fall out of the Top 32 given what that would mean in terms of a second round match at the Ally Pally!

Are you implying that the 3 time world champion can't deal with some diddy from Stoke :D

No doubt he would like an easier draw. Of course Anderson sucessfully avoided him last year, but of course he can do no wrong on internet forums :roll:

druid
Superleague Player

Post by druid » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:56 am

Silverdart wrote:Hello again forum members I must say I apologize to the people I may have offended, I'm not a bad guy really I was just letting off some steam after a bad weekend and had an issue with something that could've cost me dearly because of a mistake made by one of he officials, but anyways I know Jamie and jp are very respected on here and as well they should be they are both super guys and brilliant players, and I have all the respect in the world , I'm not demanding respect at all as one member said, I'm able to speak my mind on forum boards and not everyone is gonna agree but I won't ramble on just want to say there was no disrespect towards anyone and I do apologize if I did offend anyone I was just upset at a couple of posts I seen anyways I won't say anything else and also jabba and jp are 2 of the nicest players I've ever had the opportunity to play, again sorry for the post but missing worlds by 25 pounds is a hard pill to swallow lol, take care everyone and thanks for the replies.

Tough break Kenny.....nice to see you posting here. I hope to see you this year for a few tourneys...if my back settles down. Dont let this knock you down mate...youll just get stronger from it.

Until later

dave
" I am the original Druid! "

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”