Championship League Darts - Group 3

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Re: Championship League Darts - Group 3

Post by ralph cifaretto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:28 pm

What are you on about Paddy?

Azitis said I was making accusations and which I assumed were liable for deletion (especially as Taylor's about today. But I'm not bitter :twisted: ) so I rephrased my original 'accusation' into a hypothetical statement. Me not backtracking McGuinness.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:04 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:What are you on about Paddy?

Azitis said I was making accusations and which I assumed were liable for deletion (especially as Taylor's about today. But I'm not bitter :twisted: ) so I rephrased my original 'accusation' into a hypothetical statement. Me not backtracking McGuinness.

I'm about everyday son, so watch yourself.

Maverick
Superleague Player

Post by Maverick » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:16 pm

Yes the format lends itself to accusations however I don't know any player that can turn on and off at will, Anderson and Tabern had 90+ averages, last leg was a 16 darter (just under 100 average) I could understand if he'd tanked the match 6 nil with a 60-70 average but everyone is capable of missing shots even the boss man Taylor!!
Robert Mitchell 17th March 1938 - 8th September 2018 Rest in Peace Dad , no more pain xxx

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:20 pm

The format is to blame! You simply cannot reward failure - but this format does. Remember a football match here in NI where on some sort of two year countback system a team needed to lose to stay in the Premier Division - had they won they were relegated. Only in Ireland. :MAD:

JP 180
The Ton Club

Post by JP 180 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:28 pm

Azitis wrote:much better. BUT i personally dont think they did. the facts dont stack up, especially the final, tabern had better all round stats except for 180s, and if anderson had wanted to lose i cant see him going 5-3 up to then try and miss.

Hi guys can't resist a reply to this topic. My pc is being fixed and I'm on the wides I phone. I must say I class tabs as a mate and Gary my best mate in darts Gary to give up a 5.3 lead to tabs will cheese him right off. Tabs is one of the hardest players on the tour to beat he never gives in as shown here coming from 5.3 down. I think you should give tabs the credit he quite rightly deserves for winning. I know these sort of posts will upset tabs and quite frankly I don't blame him but I guess we all have a say. Good luck for the play offs tabby I hope Gary is there with you too. Oh tabs I said to win Crawley not lose in the semi. :WWWW: well done for that. Regards jp

mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 pm

Birch that aidy lewis.

Ando is the 2nd best player in the world and just got unlucky.

the saint
Feather Flights

Post by the saint » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:15 pm

JP 180 wrote:
Azitis wrote:much better. BUT i personally dont think they did. the facts dont stack up, especially the final, tabern had better all round stats except for 180s, and if anderson had wanted to lose i cant see him going 5-3 up to then try and miss.

Hi guys can't resist a reply to this topic. My pc is being fixed and I'm on the wides I phone. I must say I class tabs as a mate and Gary my best mate in darts Gary to give up a 5.3 lead to tabs will cheese him right off. Tabs is one of the hardest players on the tour to beat he never gives in as shown here coming from 5.3 down. I think you should give tabs the credit he quite rightly deserves for winning. I know these sort of posts will upset tabs and quite frankly I don't blame him but I guess we all have a say. Good luck for the play offs tabby I hope Gary is there with you too. Oh tabs I said to win Crawley not lose in the semi. :WWWW: well done for that. Regards jp

Hi jp, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. you are quite right, i dont like reading some of the stuff that is posted, especially about gary etc, i regard him as a good mate, and if anyone saw his reaction to losing that final, there is no way his integrity would be questioned what so ever. as professionals we have to accept certain levels of criticism, especially if we dont perform, but its when it gets personal and our integrity gets questioned i think people should draw the line.
p.s sorry for not winning cawley! p.p.s at least this topic has made me join, and hopefully i will post more. regards Alan

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:20 pm

the saint wrote:
JP 180 wrote:

Hi jp, thanks for the kind words, much appreciated. you are quite right, i dont like reading some of the stuff that is posted, especially about gary etc, i regard him as a good mate, and if anyone saw his reaction to losing that final, there is no way his integrity would be questioned what so ever. as professionals we have to accept certain levels of criticism, especially if we dont perform, but its when it gets personal and our integrity gets questioned i think people should draw the line.
p.s sorry for not winning cawley! p.p.s at least this topic has made me join, and hopefully i will post more. regards Alan

Hi Alan and welcome to the forum, nice to have you on board fella
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

the saint
Feather Flights

Post by the saint » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:22 pm

thanks, nice to be here.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:23 pm

the saint wrote:thanks, nice to be here.

and you've got your proper username this time :D
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:24 pm

the saint wrote:
JP 180 wrote:

Welcome aboard sir. :WWWW:

With regard some of the comments - it was one or two guys voicing a view which I suspect the majority don't agree with.

I do agree that questioning a players integrity is pretty close to 'the line'.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

billy brooks
Pub Champion

Post by billy brooks » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:35 pm

well i might have to back trek on some of my words i was just pure rage as i had a bet on gary.and was just frustrated at those match darts.i have calmed down now :)

Follow me on twitter
@billy180brooks

robot
Superleague Player

Post by robot » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:36 pm

JP 180 wrote:

as previously stated, Tabern was the best over the course of the day and Gary looked gutted/angry with himself after losing. He knows he should have won 6-4 and did not get a sniff in the final leg.
I don't reckon he lost on purpose, he's always come across as genuine to me.
2010 TSOD Grand Slam of Darts Prediction Competition - Overall Winner

JP 180
The Ton Club

Post by JP 180 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:39 pm

the saint wrote:
JP 180 wrote:

Hi Alan

Welcome to the forum mate
I hope that semi will see you safe into the wgp now :DDDD:
Im sure i can forgive a gent like you for not winning. Anyone who knows you mate would know you allways give 100% in your game. One of the best players in the world and one of the nicest too.

Take care and see you next weekend. :WWWW: :WWWW:

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:55 pm

heading up to watch the saint and willie o connor in an exbo aat end of the month,,, i will question him about such topics as "Wud u like a drink" and did ando roll over on purpose...... I expect an answer to the 1st one.... the 2nd i already know the answer to

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”