Championship League Darts - Group 3

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
nikkiboy
International

Re: Championship League Darts - Group 3

Postby nikkiboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:26 am

ralph cifaretto wrote:It's like Pakistan again. Lewis and Anderson are a pair of CHEATS!!!!!!!!!!!

****Post awaiting PDC approval****

well that may well be your opinion and you are entitled to it, by the way whats all this PDC approval rubbish, pray share your wisdom?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO

21st April 2016 7:01am

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:27 am

ralph cifaretto wrote:It's like Pakistan again. Lewis and Anderson are a pair of CHEATS!!!!!!!!!!!

Or just merely expoiting the format to earn some dosh. I'd do the same, to be honest.

Adrian is not in the GSoD yet and 2 places are on offer for the finalists here, so you would think he would be trying to get into that.

One way round this is perhaps only give money to players who win their games - £300 for a group game, £600 in the playoffs. Loser gets nowt, even if its 6-5. Although you could then get players trying to win 3 games to just sneak into the next day.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:30 am

Bradders wrote:

Or just merely expoiting the format to earn some dosh. I'd do the same, to be honest.

Adrian is not in the GSoD yet and 2 places are on offer for the finalists here, so you would think he would be trying to get into that.

One way round this is perhaps only give money to players who win their games - £300 for a group game, £600 in the playoffs. Loser gets nowt, even if its 6-5. Although you could then get players trying to win 3 games to just sneak into the next day.

its easy, pay the players an appearance fee and half the cash won on losing games, so a 6-5 loss would only net a losing player £125 instead of £250 whereas the winner gets £300

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:37 am

nikkiboy wrote:
Bradders wrote:

its easy, pay the players an appearance fee and half the cash won on losing games, so a 6-5 loss would only net a losing player £125 instead of £250 whereas the winner gets £300

Good idea. Or sod paying money for each game and just pay out on final group position.

Booji Boy
International

Postby Booji Boy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:45 am

nikkiboy wrote:

well that may well be your opinion and you are entitled to it, by the way whats all this PDC approval rubbish, pray share your wisdom?

Him and Rout think our site is run by the PDC. When in actual fact its run by a combination of the Illuminati, The Masons, WI and The Stonecutters (who brought down the british pound).

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:53 pm

I dont think the forum's run by the PDC, I was just joking. I cant comment on what Rout thinks but what I will say is it's effing annoying getting your posts deleted by the bald Somersetian. But I'm not bitter :twisted: .

If i was in their position I'd do the same as Anderson and Lewis, it's just I'm an addict to online poker which could have very easily been an addiction to gambling in general. Imagine if you're in a bookies, you know what Anderson/Lewis is capable of and watch him throw a match so he can come back tomorrow and you've got a load of money riding on the result. It's sick.

It isnt Lewis and Anderson at fault, the format's at fault, it's just I know what addiction's like and sympathise with the punters who the PDC are ferreting over. With a little help from the players.

Azitis
Feather Flights

Postby Azitis » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:28 pm

sorry but no room on here for accusations like that!
how do you know they was not trying their upmost to win? can you imagine them coming onto this forum and reading that? yeah i am sure they would join and post! (anderson donated to the sponsor gp? then could read that on the same forum!) p.s anderson missed 3 darts to win the final but no ones mentioned the ones he missed all day. (as lots of players did) there is obviously more pressure on a winning double than an "ordinary" leg.

nookie
Superleague Player

Postby nookie » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm

its easy just lay em!!!!
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:I dont think the forum's run by the PDC, I was just joking. I cant comment on what Rout thinks but what I will say is it's effing annoying getting your posts deleted by the bald Somersetian. But I'm not bitter :twisted: .

If i was in their position I'd do the same as Anderson and Lewis, it's just I'm an addict to online poker which could have very easily been an addiction to gambling in general. Imagine if you're in a bookies, you know what Anderson/Lewis is capable of and watch him throw a match so he can come back tomorrow and you've got a load of money riding on the result. It's sick.

It isnt Lewis and Anderson at fault, the format's at fault, it's just I know what addiction's like and sympathise with the punters who the PDC are ferreting over. With a little help from the players.

Is this just your opinion?....... or have you any proof, i.e. secret tape recordings, irregular betting patterns etc.

Paddy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:34 pm

I'm just offering my opinion Azitis. If they've done nothing wrong and they read something on here then their's conscience is clean and can just laugh of anything I've said.

Like I said I'd do the same in their shoes. Doesnt make it right though.

Azitis
Feather Flights

Postby Azitis » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:43 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:I'm just offering my opinion Azitis. If they've done nothing wrong and they read something on here then their's conscience is clean and can just laugh of anything I've said.

your opinion is an "accusation" and to literally say we can say what we want and if the people involved read it and they have not done it, its ok, their "conscience is clean" is ludicrous. how would you like to read about an "accusation" on here especially about your integrity? an opinion yeah, but an accusation, no way.

Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Postby Lee Taylor » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:48 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
I cant comment on what Rout thinks but what I will say is it's effing annoying getting your posts deleted by the bald Somersetian. But I'm not bitter :twisted: .

:o Easy Tiger!

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:54 pm

Azitis wrote:
ralph cifaretto wrote:I'm just offering my opinion Azitis. If they've done nothing wrong and they read something on here then their's conscience is clean and can just laugh of anything I've said.

your opinion is an "accusation" and to literally say we can say what we want and if the people involved read it and they have not done it, its ok, their "conscience is clean" is ludicrous. how would you like to read about an "accusation" on here especially about your integrity? an opinion yeah, but an accusation, no way.

Ok. I'm not accusing anybody of being a cheat. Let's start again. I'm offering a hypothesis that Gary Anderson or Adrian Lewis MAY have deliberately lost a game of darts in either this or last year's Championship League of Darts in order to return the next day and earn more prize money.

Better?

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:55 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
Azitis wrote:

Ok. I'm not accusing anybody of being a cheat. Let's start again. I'm offering a hypothesis that Gary Anderson or Adrian Lewis MAY have deliberately lost a game of darts in either this or last year's Championship League of Darts in order to return the next day and earn more prize money.

Better?

They will be rooting through your bins with accusations like that!!!!

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Lee Taylor wrote:
ralph cifaretto wrote:
I cant comment on what Rout thinks but what I will say is it's effing annoying getting your posts deleted by the bald Somersetian. But I'm not bitter :twisted: .

:o Easy Tiger!

Looks like you've made some nice new friends there Lee.

Azitis
Feather Flights

Postby Azitis » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:00 pm

much better. BUT i personally dont think they did. the facts dont stack up, especially the final, tabern had better all round stats except for 180s, and if anderson had wanted to lose i cant see him going 5-3 up to then try and miss.

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Surely it is the format of the competition that is at fault and not a player who is merely maxamizing his earnings as I said before, the same things were floated around last year about Lewis. The problem arises that if a player misses three darts at a winning double then he will be accused regardless of whether it was intentional or not, again it is a problem with the format in that people can have umpteen bites at the cherry and could win more money by losing than they could by winning.

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:09 pm

Ralph is what we would describe in the trade a:

Backtracker!!

<<--<<--<<--<<--<<

nikkiboy
International

Postby nikkiboy » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:Ralph is what we would describe in the trade a:

Backtracker!!

<<--<<--<<--<<--<<

thats unfair Paddy, he has merely looked again at what he said and modified his words, nowt wrong with that mate

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:19 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Ralph is what we would describe in the trade a:

Backtracker!!

<<--<<--<<--<<--<<

thats unfair Paddy, he has merely looked again at what he said and modified his words, nowt wrong with that mate

I'm sorry i don't agree, to go from this outrageous statement:
It's like Pakistan again. Lewis and Anderson are a pair of CHEATS!!!!!!!!!!!

To this:

Is definately a first class case of backtracking. Firstly he directly accusses them then later it's just hypothetical.

Fond Regards,

Paddy

:bat: :bat:
Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”