Players Championship 28: Nuland, 19th September 2010

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
slymaster
International

Re: Players Championship 28: Nuland, 19th September 2010

Post by slymaster » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:45 pm

nikkiboy wrote:actually sly I can't see that he has won any tournaments, this may well be his first

I was just referring to....not done much before....
Reaching the semis + quarters of the Winmau isnt that bad imo.
If you are not seeded...
Today is clearly his biggest day so far.

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:46 pm

slymaster wrote:
rout wrote:Pixie dust does its magic yet again!

And I could explain it once more to you -but you are still thick. :showbum:

Explain away sweetheart x x x
Justin Credible wrote:Jamie Caven is the best darts player in the world
Yes. He actually said this.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:48 pm

slymaster wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:actually sly I can't see that he has won any tournaments, this may well be his first

If you are not seeded...

Watched his games against Gary and Adrian in Crawley and the guy scores for fun, was unlucky to lose to Adrian in Crawley - he missed one double and thats all, when I say he missed one double all the others he hit with his first dart
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

nookie
Superleague Player

Post by nookie » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:39 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
slymaster wrote:

If you are not seeded...

Watched his games against Gary and Adrian in Crawley and the guy scores for fun, was unlucky to lose to Adrian in Crawley - he missed one double and thats all, when I say he missed one double all the others he hit with his first dart

i chalked his board on the sunday where he played ok
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

sonofsam
The Ton Club

Post by sonofsam » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:43 pm

rout wrote:
slymaster wrote:

Ditto

Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Great come back by Steve Farmer in the final. Kevin had experienced a come back attempt by Simon in their semi but this time Steve was too determined to let the first prize slip away.

Good to meet up at Nuland with the 2 forum Steve's, birthday Steve Grubb and wife Jen and well playing Steve Maish, Justin Pipe, Tony Eccles.

Also met up with Angela who assisted the PDC guys behind the laptop and Jeroen who will PM Slymaster at my request about yesterday's match between Wes Newton and Terry Jenkins where Wes averaged almost 38 (!!!!!) and Terry over 34 per dart.

Sad to hear about Mervyn King's father -such a character with his crown on- having passed away a few days back and about Barney having gone through his back due to which he couldn't play today and possibly can't play on Tuesday (Priestley replacing him?) at the CLOD.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Rudy wrote:Great come back by Steve Farmer in the final. Kevin had experienced a come back attempt by Simon in their semi but this time Steve was too determined to let the first prize slip away.

Good to meet up at Nuland with the 2 forum Steve's, birthday Steve Grubb and wife Jen and well playing Steve Maish, Justin Pipe, Tony Eccles.

Also met up with Angela who assisted the PDC guys behind the laptop and Jeroen who will PM Slymaster at my request about yesterday's match between Wes Newton and Terry Jenkins where Wes averaged almost 38 (!!!!!) and Terry over 34 per dart.

Sad to hear about Mervyn King's father -such a character with his crown on- having passed away a few days back and about Barney having gone through his back due to which he couldn't play today and possibly can't play on Tuesday (Priestley replacing him?) at the CLOD.

How convenient!!

Ross
The Ton Club

Post by Ross » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:16 pm

Rudy wrote:
Sad to hear about Mervyn King's father -such a character with his crown on- having passed away a few days back .

Saw him at Crawley the first time they visited and was such a nice guy and big supporter of Merv.

Very sad news :( RIP

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:25 pm

sonofsam wrote:
rout wrote:
slymaster wrote:

Ditto

Do you want a kiss too? Here you go xxx

Angela_ZB
Pub Champion

Post by Angela_ZB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:14 am

Rudy wrote:Great come back by Steve Farmer in the final. Kevin had experienced a come back attempt by Simon in their semi but this time Steve was too determined to let the first prize slip away.

It was very nice to see you again Rudy...but I have to correct you on your post. I wasn't assisting the PDC guys, but working for the Dutch website Dartfreakz.nl for the reports of the semis, live score, youth and a few interviews. As for Steve Farmer...fair play to him, he played very well on sunday and really deserved the victory.
@angelavanhees on twitter, darts is my Christmas present

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:20 am

Angela_ZB wrote:

It was very nice to see you again Rudy...but I have to correct you on your post. I wasn't assisting the PDC guys, but working for the Dutch website Dartfreakz.nl for the reports of the semis, live score, youth and a few interviews. As for Steve Farmer...fair play to him, he played very well on sunday and really deserved the victory.

So Angela, ur the person that doesnt know her left from her right then????? :DDD: :DDD:

The scores yesterday got rather confusing at times, and after a while i gave up and just followed extremes, slys and nikkis coverage here..

Angela_ZB
Pub Champion

Post by Angela_ZB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:30 am

Dicie wrote:
Angela_ZB wrote:

So Angela, ur the person that doesnt know her left from her right then????? :DDD: :DDD:

The scores yesterday got rather confusing at times, and after a while i gave up and just followed extremes, slys and nikkis coverage here..

True but there is a reason for that. We usually work at location with 3 persons. At the last moment I heard I had to do it all on my own. So I was writing the report and did the live scores at the same time. The thing that happened...I was writing a scentence in the report and clicked a letter...saw a score an filled it in at the live score. Per accident the letter came into the live score instead of the number...and from that point it got upset. And it's very difficult to correct it, because you are missing scores. So I turned to twitter immediately and did the updates up there. This thing never happened before in my life. If you are alone the pressure is to high and you make mistakes...I'm human too :banghead:

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:33 am

Angela_ZB wrote:
Dicie wrote:
Angela_ZB wrote:

True but there is a reason for that. We usually work at location with 3 persons. At the last moment I heard I had to do it all on my own. So I was writing the report and did the live scores at the same time. The thing that happened...I was writing a scentence in the report and clicked a letter...saw a score an filled it in at the live score. Per accident the letter came into the live score instead of the number...and from that point it got upset. And it's very difficult to correct it, because you are missing scores. So I turned to twitter immediately and did the updates up there. This thing never happened before in my life. If you are alone the pressure is to high and you make mistakes...I'm human too :banghead:

Not good enough, i was suffering with a monster hangover and thought i was seeing things.......... But, i like the site, it was even better when i found the translate button!!!! :CCCD: :CCCD:

Angela_ZB
Pub Champion

Post by Angela_ZB » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:02 pm

Dicie wrote:
Angela_ZB wrote:
Dicie wrote:
Angela_ZB wrote:

Not good enough, i was suffering with a monster hangover and thought i was seeing things.......... But, i like the site, it was even better when i found the translate button!!!! :CCCD: :CCCD:

Hihi it is a Dutch site true. But we are doing our best. I'll promise it will be better in Bad Nauheim. With normal circumstances we have one guy for pictures, one guy for livescore and one guy for reports and updates. I'll place the link to the pictures on this forum later today.

sonofsam
The Ton Club

Post by sonofsam » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:05 pm

rout wrote:
sonofsam wrote:
rout wrote:
slymaster wrote:

Ditto

Do you want a kiss too? Here you go xxx

Ditto

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:24 pm

sonofsam wrote:
Ditto

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVXJ9L7b0U[/youtube]

Could imagine you and Rout in that scene :DDD:

masticman
Superleague Player

Post by masticman » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:20 pm

OllyNufc180 wrote:farmer wins 6-4

farmer needed 12 darts from 82 and gave maish a big chance but on 56 maish didnt manage a shot at a double so must have bottled it a bit , which is easy to do in such tense circumstances

so, painter vs farmer................. :)

i missed 1 at tops olly big 8 frist dart alfull 1st dart clip the wire for tops :x

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Bradders wrote:
sonofsam wrote:
Ditto

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIVXJ9L7b0U[/youtube]

Could imagine you and Rout in that scene :DDD:

I knew he loved me.