England Classic

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

England Classic

Post by The Fixer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:45 pm

I understand there are a couple of tournaments before the main event on the Saturday. One being a singles money in money out and the other is a pairs event. I'm told that PDPA members are not allowed to play in the singles event but are allowed to play in the pairs event. Why are the organisers allowing this?

Ginge
International

Re: England Classic

Post by Ginge » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:48 pm

The Fixer wrote:I understand there are a couple of tournaments before the main event on the Saturday. One being a singles money in money out and the other is a pairs event. I'm told that PDPA members are not allowed to play in the singles event but are allowed to play in the pairs event. Why are the organisers allowing this?

Is the singles event you are referring to the Early Bird 64 event?

http://www.sussexdarts.com/England%20Early%20Bird.htm

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:00 pm

The Fixer wrote:I understand there are a couple of tournaments before the main event on the Saturday. One being a singles money in money out and the other is a pairs event. I'm told that PDPA members are not allowed to play in the singles event but are allowed to play in the pairs event. Why are the organisers allowing this?

Who said they can't play in the singles all I know of the whole event is you have to be resident on site and can't play in the ranking singles on the Saturday unless you are eligible for masters and lakeside, I hope this is incorrect unless the EDO have made the early bird event part of the new England ranking table, mind you those dastardly pdpa boys have heard wolf and most of the scots haven't entered and trying to pick up some easy money

Darter
Steady Sixties

Post by Darter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:19 pm

WCDPA wrote:

Who said they can't play in the singles all I know of the whole event is you have to be resident on site and can't play in the ranking singles on the Saturday unless you are eligible for masters and lakeside, I hope this is incorrect unless the EDO have made the early bird event part of the new England ranking table, mind you those dastardly pdpa boys have heard wolf and most of the scots haven't entered and trying to pick up some easy money

Sir
I can tell you for a fact, that certain PDPA members, have asked to register and been told they cant play in the singles as Fixer
has stated. Maybe because it would be easy pickings for them?

The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Darter wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Sir
I can tell you for a fact, that certain PDPA members, have asked to register and been told they cant play in the singles as Fixer
PDPA members should be banned completely. Why allow them to play in the pairs?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:39 pm

The Fixer wrote:
Darter wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Sir

Because:

a) Pairs don't carry BDO Lakeside points
b) it's up to the promoter at the end of the day. Speak to England Darts.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:41 pm

The Fixer wrote:
Darter wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Sir

Have to agree with that, you either can or cannot play, its as simple as that.

Having said that I saw no mention that they were not allowed in the Early Bird 64, its not ranked so whats the problem?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Bradders wrote:
The Fixer wrote:
Darter wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Sir

Because:

The singles is a money in money out event and also does not carry lakeside points. Seems a strange decision but up to the organisers at the end of the day.
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:55 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
Bradders wrote:
The Fixer wrote:
Darter wrote:
WCDPA wrote:

Sir

Because:

The singles is a money in money out event and also does not carry lakeside points. Seems a strange decision but up to the organisers at the end of the day.

It does seem odd. Maybe with the restricted field of 64 they want to keep it for non PDPA members? Although saying that, they have hardly been beating down the door to enter! Still 24 places available according to the England darts website this afternoon.

The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:59 pm

The BDO players should support the event and not give the PDPA big heads a chance to enter. Ban them completely I say.

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:00 pm

These type events should be open to all apart from the ranking singles!
Ian White came to Rhyl and played in the mens pairs and was great to see him, another BDO player who has made a reasonable start in pdc and taken a few scalps.
Did the pdpa ask tommy Thompson I will have chat when I see him Friday nite and get to bottom of this

Darter
Steady Sixties

Post by Darter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 pm

The Fixer wrote:The BDO players should support the event and not give the PDPA big heads a chance to enter. Ban them completely I say.

Well Fixer it looks like the Bdo players are supporting it.....Not.

And as for the Big heads, whom would you be refering to?

The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:13 pm

WCDPA wrote:These type events should be open to all apart from the ranking singles!
Ian White came to Rhyl and played in the mens pairs and was great to see him, another BDO player who has made a reasonable start in pdc and taken a few scalps.
Did the pdpa ask tommy Thompson I will have chat when I see him Friday nite and get to bottom of this

yes tommy was asked and said they could play in the pairs only. what's the point, they are only interested in taking money from BDO players.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:16 pm

The Fixer wrote:
WCDPA wrote:These type events should be open to all apart from the ranking singles!

yes tommy was asked and said they could play in the pairs only. what's the point, they are only interested in taking money from BDO players.

Or maybe they just want to play competitive darts on a PDC blank weekend?

Who has entered?

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Bradders wrote:
The Fixer wrote:

Or maybe they just want to play competitive darts on a PDC blank weekend?

Who has entered?

19 places left: - Ive highlighted a couple you might have heard of :D

Reg EARLY BIRD Reg Reg
27 Martin Atkins Yorkshire
4 Clive Barden Kent
37 Stephen Bunting Cheshire
32 Ben Burton Surrey
11 Simon Cassidy Cambridgeshire
38 Mark Davis Sussex
23 Brian Dawson Yorkshire
1 Matthew Dicken West Midlands
8 Graeme Dutton Sussex
19 Dave Green Oxfordshire
17 Martin Harle Surrey
33 Mark Harris Surrey
39 Rod Hawkins Sussex
26 Andy Heaton Lancashire.
7 Deta Hedman Oxfordshire
35 Ashley Holgate Surrey
25 John Jenkinson Surrey
18 Steve Lane Somerset
6 Jamie Lewis Pembrokeshire
3 Scott Marsh Kent
5 Scott Mitchell Dorset
45 Adam Mould Buckinghamshire
2 Carl Myers Lincolnshire
14 Shaun Narain Canada
30 Paul Neate Surrey
44 Mick Nixon Humberside
43 Michael Peel Essex
40 Ian Perkins Sussex
34 Craig Pope Pembrokeshire
28 Davey Prins County Durham
41 Jamie Robinson Essex
24 Stephen Shadwell Berkshire
15 Mark.D Smith Hampshire
16 Danny.L Smith Hampshire
20 Mark Stock Somerset
21 Daniel Towers Lincolnshire
42 John Turnbull Surrey
29 Aaron Turner Surrey
9 Lewis Venes Surrey
13 John Boy Walton Yorkshire
31 Dave Weston Somerset
36 Lee Williams Surrey
22 Dean Winstanley Yorkshire
12 Jim Withers Sussex
10 Paul Woolfendon Devon

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:21 pm

Fair do's to Dave Boy Green, his was one of the first names to enter

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:23 pm

Is Lee Williams the same one who was playing PDC earlier in the year?

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:25 pm

Darter wrote:Maybe because it would be easy pickings for them?

Idiot.
Justin Credible wrote:Jamie Caven is the best darts player in the world
Yes. He actually said this.

Darter
Steady Sixties

Post by Darter » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:26 pm

nikkiboy wrote:Is Lee Williams the same one who was playing PDC earlier in the year?

Yes, He plays in the PDC under the name......Phillip Taylor :MAD:

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:27 pm

rout wrote:
Darter wrote:Maybe because it would be easy pickings for them?

Idiot.

then please furnish us with the real reason why they are not allowed to enter?

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”