England Classic

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
WCDPA
International

Re: England Classic

Post by WCDPA » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:24 am

Tommy is a passionate man about darts , I've had debates with tommy but he argues his point and doesn't bear grudges.
His posts on BDO forums prove he won't be pushed around , was getting words from people about me he wasn't having it at all
df members would like tommy he says it as it is, one of his innovations this year is to introduce new rankings to help towards England selection.
When I posted on England selection was told of different rules for selection including a 66% attendance of county fixtures, what I would like to see is a 66%attendance rule for EDO events England open, England masters and EnglNd classic
Keep up the good work tommy

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:26 am

Bradders wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to post that Tommy.

I know - how dare I thank Tommy for his articulate and considered post.

I feel all dirty and ashamed. :D
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:27 am

Adrian1969 wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

And so you should :WWWW:

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:30 am

Bradders wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote:We have to use the funds we generate from these events to fund the England International teams, which costs a terrific amount, so finance is a big issue, but we are able to improve things albeit on a tight budget.
TT

Bit of a headscratcher then that Martin Adams (England Captain) doesnt support your events by playing in them.

A good point Bradders, you would of thought Martin would have made an effort to attend this type of event.

Paddy

:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:30 am

Bradders wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

This is bordering on friendly banter.

Can you start acting like a Kn*b please - maybe call me something unpleasant on df.

I would appreciate your help in reversing this fairly unfortunate state of affairs. :) :)
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:31 am

Adrian1969 wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Adrian1969 wrote:

This is bordering on friendly banter.

Can you start acting like a Kn*b please - maybe call me something unpleasant on df.

I would appreciate your help in reversing this fairly unfortunate state of affairs. :) :)

It is rather worrying, isnt it? I must have had a bang on the head.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:33 am

The Fixer wrote:
Tommy Thompson wrote:Hi Everyone,
Just trawled through the posts and I would like to make a couple of points, due to the fact that we had never tried an early bird 64 before (pinched the idea off PDC), we were not sure how it would be taken up, so we didn't have a multitude of rules for who should be allowed or not in the event, to be honest I never even gave it a thought, so I must apologise for that, however it is our intention to try and get ranking points for this next time, so we aired on the side of caution by only having non-PDPA players in it, 12th hour decision but you live and learn. However we did put £1700 of our own money in the event.

There was a point about the draw, I can only tell you all, that England Do Not seed any players in any events, much to the disgust of many players, we use Darts for Windows press the button for a random draw and it comes out as it comes out, and that is the honest truth.

Unfortunately the control desk of the complex blew up (£74,000) of equipment, this could happen anywhere at anytime, however the staff and management at Selsey did everything possible to get it replaced, and it was out for about 1 hour.

England always pay more prize money out than the entries they receive, we got in around £3000 entry fees and paid out £6500 in the Mens and paid out just short of £3000 in the Ladies and received around £1100. However this doesn't seem to encourage everyone to attend the events, scratching my head on that one.

England will be announcing shortly the prize fund for the Open in 2011 which will make it the biggest Open in the World for comparable entry fee, £5000 first prize. England are also intent on making the prize funds at their events not decrease to less than 40% of the prize above, therefor the runners-up prize will be £2000.

We know we have a problem with the Marquee floor, hopefully this will not be the case next year, you all have to understand that England as an independant entirity has only been in existance for three years, we started off with no money, no events etc, whilst we take on board we need to improve some things such as equipment etc, we have moved mountains in such a lot of areas, some of the officials we have are brilliant, the live scoreboard on the website is just one thing of many. We have to use the funds we generate from these events to fund the England International teams, which costs a terrific amount, so finance is a big issue, but we are able to improve things albeit on a tight budget.

Please remember England is not just another BDO in disguise, although we are affiliated to them, we are our own people.

TT
I hope this means that PDPA members will be barred from the pairs and triples events in the future?

I don't think it really matters.....they never seemed to have what it takes to win, anyway.

Paddy

Dicie
International

Post by Dicie » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:37 am

Just trawled through the posts and I would like to make a couple of points, due to the fact that we had never tried an early bird 64 before (pinched the idea off PDC), we were not sure how it would be taken up, so we didn't have a multitude of rules for who should be allowed or not in the event, to be honest I never even gave it a thought, so I must apologise for that, however it is our intention to try and get ranking points for this next time, so we aired on the side of caution by only having non-PDPA players in it, 12th hour decision but you live and learn. However we did put £1700 of our own money in the event.

There was a point about the draw, I can only tell you all, that England Do Not seed any players in any events, much to the disgust of many players, we use Darts for Windows press the button for a random draw and it comes out as it comes out, and that is the honest truth.

Unfortunately the control desk of the complex blew up (£74,000) of equipment, this could happen anywhere at anytime, however the staff and management at Selsey did everything possible to get it replaced, and it was out for about 1 hour.

England always pay more prize money out than the entries they receive, we got in around £3000 entry fees and paid out £6500 in the Mens and paid out just short of £3000 in the Ladies and received around £1100. However this doesn't seem to encourage everyone to attend the events, scratching my head on that one.

England will be announcing shortly the prize fund for the Open in 2011 which will make it the biggest Open in the World for comparable entry fee, £5000 first prize. England are also intent on making the prize funds at their events not decrease to less than 40% of the prize above, therefor the runners-up prize will be £2000.

We know we have a problem with the Marquee floor, hopefully this will not be the case next year, you all have to understand that England as an independant entirity has only been in existance for three years, we started off with no money, no events etc, whilst we take on board we need to improve some things such as equipment etc, we have moved mountains in such a lot of areas, some of the officials we have are brilliant, the live scoreboard on the website is just one thing of many. We have to use the funds we generate from these events to fund the England International teams, which costs a terrific amount, so finance is a big issue, but we are able to improve things albeit on a tight budget.

Please remember England is not just another BDO in disguise, although we are affiliated to them, we are our own people.

TT

:DDDD:

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:40 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:I don't think it really matters.....they never seemed to have what it takes to win, anyway.
Paddy

And you have the nerve to say that you are sick of anti BDO comments on this forum.

You are obsessed with slagging PDC players off at every oppurtuinity Paddy.

You sad man !!!

Regards

BoF

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:48 am

TT

Keep up the good work Tommy, it wouldn't have mattered if the competition went it's entirety without hitches, some people would still find something to moan about.

Keep up the good work, it's never easy when funds are tight, I'm more than a little disappointed that you didn't get more player support from the ranks of the BDO, hopefully next year they will make a greater effort, especially as any monies generated go towards funding the England International teams, I would of thought that anybody who has recently represented England would have made the effort to have turned up and supported this event.

Regards Paddy

:bat: :bat:

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:50 am

BrideOfFrankenstein wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:I don't think it really matters.....they never seemed to have what it takes to win, anyway.
Paddy

And you have the nerve to say that you are sick of anti BDO comments on this forum.

You are obsessed with slagging PDC players off at every oppurtuinity Paddy.

You sad man !!!

Regards

BoF

That's not anti PDC you fool.....that's fact!

Pull yourself together!

Paddy

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:51 am

TT

Thanks Tommy if that 5k first prize doesn't entice a few more entries nothing will.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:53 am

nikkiboy wrote:

TT

Thanks Tommy if that 5k first prize doesn't entice a few more entries nothing will.

To be fair a £2,500k first prize should be enticing enough people anyway. Why it was a Category D event (points for the Last 8) is beyond me, guessing it was because of entries and prize levels last year. Next year it should be a Category C (points for the Last 16) so maybe it will attract more than way anyway

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”