England Classic

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: England Classic

Post by Paddy McGinty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:18 pm

Jimmy's won :MMNN: :MMNN: :MMNN: :MMNN: :MMNN: :MMNN:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:19 pm

Was this (for the win) a +120co for Jimmy?

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:23 pm

slymaster wrote:Was this (for the win) a +120co for Jimmy?

Looked like it on the live score updater, it's a bit jumpy so it's hard to tell.
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:43 pm

Final

Tony West vs Stephen Bunting
0-1, break, 16darter, 20co
0-2, 24darter,
0-3, break, 16darter
0-4, 17darter, 180 West
0-5, break, 18darter, 180 West, West missed 3 ftl
0-6, 14darter

76,35 vs 85,89

Congrats to Stephen! :DDDD:

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Final

Deta Hedman vs Trish Kidd
1-0, 22darter
2-0, break, 24darter, 68co, Trish busted 63?
3-0, 24darter, 56co
3-1, 23darter, 16co
4-1, 17darter, 98co?

66,42 vs 54,12

Congrats to Deta! :DDDD:

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 7:55 pm

well done to Stephen and Deta :DDDD: :DDDD:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:00 pm

Calling Welsh Wayne!!

If my calculations are correct, Jamie Lewis has gone up to 26th in the Lakeside Table. He earned 10 points this weekend.

If the BDO are giving 24 places to the Table like has been suggested, Jamie will be the final qualifier from the Table, assuming no last desperate trips to the French Open by other players.

Welsh Wayne
International

Post by Welsh Wayne » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:25 pm

Bradders wrote:Calling Welsh Wayne!!

If my calculations are correct, Jamie Lewis has gone up to 26th in the Lakeside Table. He earned 10 points this weekend.

If the BDO are giving 24 places to the Table like has been suggested, Jamie will be the final qualifier from the Table, assuming no last desperate trips to the French Open by other players.

Thansk for ths Bradders :DDDD:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:37 pm

Welsh Wayne wrote:

Please don't hold me to this though, the BDO have yet to oficially state how many places will come from the table. Ridiculous really, given this stage of the season.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:40 pm

would be great to see Jamie at the Lakeside, lets hope
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Welsh Wayne
International

Post by Welsh Wayne » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:42 pm

Bradders wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

Please don't hold me to this though, the BDO have yet to oficially state how many places will come from the table. Ridiculous really, given this stage of the season.

Bonkers really, but here's hoping for the young man, as i keep shouting from the rooftops an exceptional talent. :DDDD: :DDDD:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Of course, I could be wrong. Has ANYONE seen an official press release from the BDO stating how many places they are giving to the Table?

Welsh Wayne
International

Post by Welsh Wayne » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Bradders wrote:Of course, I could be wrong. Has ANYONE seen an official press release from the BDO stating how many places they are giving to the Table?

More than likely all around a table as we speak debating if they can put another qualifying event in :angry4: :angry4:

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Bradders wrote:Of course, I could be wrong. Has ANYONE seen an official press release from the BDO stating how many places they are giving to the Table?

More than likely all around a table as we speak debating if they can put another qualifying event in :angry4: :angry4:

They already did that with the Europe Cup!

Luckily the only person it could have helped was John Henderson. However the fact he didn't go to Selsey renders it reundant.

But they need to announce it at the start. None of the players officially have a clue how many spots will be given to the Table. Steve Douglas has said he has been told it is 24, but it could be 20, 22, 23.... who knows?

WCDPA
International

Post by WCDPA » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:17 pm

Deta did enough today just to win beat Karen 4/0 with 22+ ave but actually missed 21 darts in 1st leg!
Final was low key and she couldn't get fired up and in all honesty would have been an enormous shock if she lost,
Anyway was pleased as this victory was her 10th ranking event of the season compared to trinas 4 so although not BDO no1 is wdf no1, marvellous season from a very special lady

Tommy Thompson
Pub Champion

Post by Tommy Thompson » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:02 am

Hi Everyone,
Just trawled through the posts and I would like to make a couple of points, due to the fact that we had never tried an early bird 64 before (pinched the idea off PDC), we were not sure how it would be taken up, so we didn't have a multitude of rules for who should be allowed or not in the event, to be honest I never even gave it a thought, so I must apologise for that, however it is our intention to try and get ranking points for this next time, so we aired on the side of caution by only having non-PDPA players in it, 12th hour decision but you live and learn. However we did put £1700 of our own money in the event.

There was a point about the draw, I can only tell you all, that England Do Not seed any players in any events, much to the disgust of many players, we use Darts for Windows press the button for a random draw and it comes out as it comes out, and that is the honest truth.

Unfortunately the control desk of the complex blew up (£74,000) of equipment, this could happen anywhere at anytime, however the staff and management at Selsey did everything possible to get it replaced, and it was out for about 1 hour.

England always pay more prize money out than the entries they receive, we got in around £3000 entry fees and paid out £6500 in the Mens and paid out just short of £3000 in the Ladies and received around £1100. However this doesn't seem to encourage everyone to attend the events, scratching my head on that one.

England will be announcing shortly the prize fund for the Open in 2011 which will make it the biggest Open in the World for comparable entry fee, £5000 first prize. England are also intent on making the prize funds at their events not decrease to less than 40% of the prize above, therefor the runners-up prize will be £2000.

We know we have a problem with the Marquee floor, hopefully this will not be the case next year, you all have to understand that England as an independant entirity has only been in existance for three years, we started off with no money, no events etc, whilst we take on board we need to improve some things such as equipment etc, we have moved mountains in such a lot of areas, some of the officials we have are brilliant, the live scoreboard on the website is just one thing of many. We have to use the funds we generate from these events to fund the England International teams, which costs a terrific amount, so finance is a big issue, but we are able to improve things albeit on a tight budget.

Please remember England is not just another BDO in disguise, although we are affiliated to them, we are our own people.

TT
Last edited by Tommy Thompson on Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:05 am

Tommy Thompson wrote:We have to use the funds we generate from these events to fund the England International teams, which costs a terrific amount, so finance is a big issue, but we are able to improve things albeit on a tight budget.
TT

Bit of a headscratcher then that Martin Adams (England Captain) doesnt support your events by playing in them.

The Fixer
On The Naughty Step

Post by The Fixer » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:17 am

Tommy Thompson wrote:Hi Everyone,
Just trawled through the posts and I would like to make a couple of points, due to the fact that we had never tried an early bird 64 before (pinched the idea off PDC), we were not sure how it would be taken up, so we didn't have a multitude of rules for who should be allowed or not in the event, to be honest I never even gave it a thought, so I must apologise for that, however it is our intention to try and get ranking points for this next time, so we aired on the side of caution by only having non-PDPA players in it, 12th hour decision but you live and learn. However we did put £1700 of our own money in the event.

There was a point about the draw, I can only tell you all, that England Do Not seed any players in any events, much to the disgust of many players, we use Darts for Windows press the button for a random draw and it comes out as it comes out, and that is the honest truth.

Unfortunately the control desk of the complex blew up (£74,000) of equipment, this could happen anywhere at anytime, however the staff and management at Selsey did everything possible to get it replaced, and it was out for about 1 hour.

England always pay more prize money out than the entries they receive, we got in around £3000 entry fees and paid out £6500 in the Mens and paid out just short of £3000 in the Ladies and received around £1100. However this doesn't seem to encourage everyone to attend the events, scratching my head on that one.

England will be announcing shortly the prize fund for the Open in 2011 which will make it the biggest Open in the World for comparable entry fee, £5000 first prize. England are also intent on making the prize funds at their events not decrease to less than 40% of the prize above, therefor the runners-up prize will be £2000.

We know we have a problem with the Marquee floor, hopefully this will not be the case next year, you all have to understand that England as an independant entirity has only been in existance for three years, we started off with no money, no events etc, whilst we take on board we need to improve some things such as equipment etc, we have moved mountains in such a lot of areas, some of the officials we have are brilliant, the live scoreboard on the website is just one thing of many. We have to use the funds we generate from these events to fund the England International teams, which costs a terrific amount, so finance is a big issue, but we are able to improve things albeit on a tight budget.

Please remember England is not just another BDO in disguise, although we are affiliated to them, we are our own people.

TT
I hope this means that PDPA members will be barred from the pairs and triples events in the future?

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:20 am

Tommy Thompson wrote:Hi Everyone,

TT

Thanks for taking the time to post that Tommy.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:22 am

Adrian1969 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to post that Tommy.

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”