WORLD GRAND PRIX - DAY TWO

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
Ginge
International

Re: WORLD GRAND PRIX - DAY TWO

Postby Ginge » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
slymaster wrote:One-hit wonder...! :showbum:

Grand Prix 2010, last 32
European Champs 2010, last 32
Matchplay 2010, last 32
UK Open 2010, last 64
Player Champs, WIN
Worlds 2010, last 64
European Champs 2009, last 32
Grand Prix 2009, last 32
UK Open 2009, last 64

Hear hear. Hype job. Premier League? Denis Ovens deserves a spot above him :headbang:

Worlds 09 -QF?
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Postby and the Iron Fist » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:28 pm

Tonight's 'action' was what I would describe as 'total garbage'.

They have to rethink this four Irish players thing. Between them they won just 3 legs. Yes, I know they played nos 1-3 in the world but it's not good enough to justify their inclusion.

It's not good viewing, contrary to what Sky think, and it's surely unfair how the players that draw them practically have a bye.

With the first round format they have here it should be really exciting, with a genuine chance of the big guns, including Taylor, being elimintaed. The draw totally took away that opportunity. Okay, that was how the draw came out, nothing they can do about it, but it's equally unfair when two Irish players get to play each other first round, as in previous years.

It's a farcical situation.

Also, too many overrated players without the nerve and mental capability to be a top player dissappointing for the thousandth time. I hope Wes Newton can book this trend and not become one of these players; he seems comfortable and confident on stage these days.
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

Ginge
International

Postby Ginge » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:39 pm

and the Iron Fist wrote:Tonight's 'action' was what I would describe as 'total garbage'.

They have to rethink this four Irish players thing. Between them they won just 3 legs. Yes, I know they played nos 1-3 in the world but it's not good enough to justify their inclusion.

It's not good viewing, contrary to what Sky think, and it's surely unfair how the players that draw them practically have a bye.

With the first round format they have here it should be really exciting, with a genuine chance of the big guns, including Taylor, being elimintaed. The draw totally took away that opportunity. Okay, that was how the draw came out, nothing they can do about it, but it's equally unfair when two Irish players get to play each other first round, as in previous years.

Also, too many overrated players without the nerve and mental capability to be a top player dissappointing for the thousandth time. I hope Wes Newton can book this trend and not become one of these players; he seems comfortable and confident on stage these days.

The Irish contingent is being reduced to 2 for next year.
Wednesday 27th September 2017 - The Day The Earth Stood Still

slymaster
International

Postby slymaster » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:42 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
Hear hear. Hype job. Premier League? Denis Ovens deserves a spot above him :headbang:

He never confirmed his fine win -but time is on his side.
Lets see how he performs at the GSODs and the Worlds.

Rout
International

Postby Rout » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:51 pm

and the Iron Fist wrote:Tonight's 'action' was what I would describe as 'total garbage'.

Heaven forbid they give the crowd something and try and take the game worldwide.

Do you want Ally Pally to just be the top 64 in the OOM?
Justin Credible wrote:Jamie Caven is the best darts player in the world

Yes. He actually said this.

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Postby and the Iron Fist » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:09 am

Rout wrote:

Do you want to disagree with everyone about everything just so you can be a rebel?
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

Rout
International

Postby Rout » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:15 am

and the Iron Fist wrote:
Rout wrote:

Do you want to disagree with everyone about everything just so you can be a rebel?

No, its called debating, give it a go. I dont feel the need to post "well done xxxxxx" after 20 other people have, but if someone posts something that I dont agree with I might engage in a discussion.

If thats too adult for you, don't talk rubbish and it might not happen.

Rout
International

Postby Rout » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:31 am

In an ideal world, every tournament, regardless of location, would have an equal and diverse representation from all over the globe and there would be little to no advantage to your geographical location when trying to make it.

Each tournament has to pay attention to a number of things - what it is, its identity and where its held being just a few. Darts is so heavily favoured to English and has been throughout time - in the PDC all the PC events are in England, in the BDO/WDF there are more ranking events for the majors in England and Scotland than anywhere else. Therefore people based or born here have that advantage. Yes the competition is fierce, but do you think many of the players would swap that for trying to build a darting career oversees?

The small consolation from living in certain areas where big tournies are held is that they work in this way - that a seperate qualification criteria is there to recognise the location and it happens in most individual sports. Its there for a reason, Irish fans want to see Irish players for a start and it creates more balance to the onesided tour - plus its taking the game to a worldwide plane - which should be encouraged.

Rudy
County Player

Postby Rudy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:35 am

Guys, just a question about the double in rule that I can't answer for sure.

If a player hits tops first dart, then treble 20 with second dart, then treble twenty with 3rd dart but knocks out the first dart with his 3rd, will there be no score or will the 160 be deducted by tops so 120 score ?

Thansk for the answer.

Rudy
Last edited by Rudy on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:48 am

Rudy wrote:Guys, just a question about the double in rule that I can't answer for sure.

If a player hits tops first dart, then treble 20 with second dart, then treble twenty with 3rd dart but knocks out the first darts with his 3rd, will there be no score or will the 160 be deducted by tops so 120 score ?

Thansk for the answer.

Rudy

Who cares?

Rudy
County Player

Postby Rudy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:50 am

Thanks anyway Ralph.

WCDPA
International

Postby WCDPA » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:57 am

Routy disagree with you about English favoured in BDO /wdf as more events in England! Steve and Tony west both based in holland both qualified for lakeside , steve didn't come to Brit open , welsh festival.
Belgium holland France and Germany plenty of ranking events even allowing for didam and tops of holland folding
Steve Tony gino joey and willy travel to some uk events but score heavily in Europe .
Even had time to snub ranking event to play in pdc on day ticket

Martin Adams Beard
Pub Champion

Postby Martin Adams Beard » Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:58 am

Im just home from tonights action.

Whitlock was the man of the night. 170 out super darts. poor Paul.

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:07 am

ralph cifaretto wrote:
Rudy wrote:Guys, just a question about the double in rule that I can't answer for sure.

If a player hits tops first dart, then treble 20 with second dart, then treble twenty with 3rd dart but knocks out the first darts with his 3rd, will there be no score or will the 160 be deducted by tops so 120 score ?

Thansk for the answer.

Rudy

Who cares?

I do!!

I would like to know the answer to this question....does anybody have a ruling on this?

Paddy

:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:13 am

Paddy McGinty wrote:
ralph cifaretto wrote:

Thansk for the answer.

Rudy

Who cares?

I do!!

I would like to know the answer to this question....does anybody have a ruling on this?

Paddy

Sad, sad man

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:21 am

Rout wrote:

In an ideal world, every tournament, regardless of location, would have an equal and diverse representation from all over the globe and there would be little to no advantage to your geographical location when trying to make it.

Each tournament has to pay attention to a number of things - what it is, its identity and where its held being just a few. Darts is so heavily favoured to English and has been throughout time - in the PDC all the PC events are in England, in the BDO/WDF there are more ranking events for the majors in England and Scotland than anywhere else. Therefore people based or born here have that advantage. Yes the competition is fierce, but do you think many of the players would swap that for trying to build a darting career oversees?

The small consolation from living in certain areas where big tournies are held is that they work in this way - that a seperate qualification criteria is there to recognise the location and it happens in most individual sports. Its there for a reason, Irish fans want to see Irish players for a start and it creates more balance to the onesided tour - plus its taking the game to a worldwide plane - which should be encouraged.

Well said rout, where does this idiot get off, I watched the Irish contingent over the weekend and they were very talented players, how does he expect overseas players to break through if they are not given an opportunity....

Paddy

Last edited by Paddy McGinty on Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:23 am

ralph cifaretto wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
ralph cifaretto wrote:

Thansk for the answer.

Rudy

Who cares?

I do!!

Paddy

Sad, sad man

I see you are taking your "village idiot " roll very seriously.........keep up the good work, you're the best we've had yet :DDDD:

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:29 am

I see you are taking your "village idiot " roll very seriously.........keep up the good work, you're the best we've had yet

Nice spelling Eisenstein :DDD: :DDD:

Paddy McGinty
International

Postby Paddy McGinty » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:36 am

ralph cifaretto wrote:
I see you are taking your "village idiot " roll very seriously.........keep up the good work, you're the best we've had yet

Nice spelling Eisenstein :DDD: :DDD:

Please stop........you have me in stitches now, I was surprised how easily you won the position, but now I can see you were by far the best candidate, and you called me sad, :DDD: :DDD: :DDD:

Paddy

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Postby ralph cifaretto » Wed Oct 06, 2010 1:46 am

Please stop........you have me in stitches now, I was surprised how easily you won the position, but now I can see you were by far the best candidate, and you called me sad,

Paddy

:?:

Time for bed methinks. GG paddy.

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”