World Grand Prix 2010 - Semi Finals

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
slymaster
International

Re: World Grand Prix 2010 - Semi Finals

Post by slymaster » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Paddy McGinty wrote:
He had one match in 72 hours and he was mentally drained..................sounds to me if Phil can't handle that heavy schedule he should give up darts.

How do you statistically add in the effect the crowd has on a particular player, do you say, add on 10 points for 80 decibels and 15 for 100 decibels, sometimes sly you do talk B0ll0cks, but how you, a self confessed stats man can possibly stand there, and tell me that Gary's game affected the way Phil played 24 hrs later is simply beyound me, what statistical proof have you got..........he looked drained!! :DDD: :DDD:

Oh dear oh dear...
So you think the match vs Anderson and the crowd had no effect whatsoever?

How do you explain the below par Taylor?
He had no pressure against Ade and played great all week.

I showed you the comparison to the Player Champ finals. There is a pattern.
But thats maybe a bit over your head. Once again I wasted my time on you.

:showbum:

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:25 am

slymaster wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
He had one match in 72 hours and he was mentally drained..................sounds to me if Phil can't handle that heavy schedule he should give up darts.

How do you statistically add in the effect the crowd has on a particular player, do you say, add on 10 points for 80 decibels and 15 for 100 decibels, sometimes sly you do talk B0ll0cks, but how you, a self confessed stats man can possibly stand there, and tell me that Gary's game affected the way Phil played 24 hrs later is simply beyound me, what statistical proof have you got..........he looked drained!! :DDD: :DDD:

Oh dear oh dear...
So you think the match vs Anderson and the crowd had no effect whatsoever?

How do you explain the below par Taylor?
He had no pressure against Ade and played great all week.

I showed you the comparison to the Player Champ finals. There is a pattern.
But thats maybe a bit over your head. Once again I wasted my time on you.

:showbum:

There well maybe a "pattern" but you are only assuming the reason for it, maybe the pressure has finally got to him, maybe he felt a bit under the weather there could be a multitude of reasons for it.
When Ade mouthed the words f**k off to him midway through the match, maybe Phil realised Lewis wasn't intimidated by him any more, and this got to him.
You just don't know, but what you do know is fact, is that Lewis fought back from what seemed like an impossible position to win the game. How do you explain Taylor's reaction to the crowd during his games in the Jocky Wilson cup, didn't seem to rile him then, if anything it seemed to spur him on. Your arguments don't make any sense, all your figures tell us is that Taylor didn't play as constantly as he normally does in some of the legs, and that's it.

You don't need to explain your poxy stats to me, what matters to me and most normal fans, is that Taylor was beat fair and square, if you want to cry about it and construe pathetic hypothetical reasons why, that's your problem.

Fond Regards Paddy

:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:27 am

mod500 wrote:
Rout wrote:
Rout wrote:
xtreme rebel wrote:Wade hasn't played that well this week. I'd be disgusted if he slips in on the blind side and picks up his 5th Sky major, without beating Taylor in any of them.

Disgusted?

Well done

Edited by Admin, no name calling please fellas

Didnt see you edit it when someone called Bradders a tosser on the Dave clark thread?? Wonder why that may be?!?

So ill revert that name back to mr Xtreme then for his utterly unreal comment above, if thats allowed.

To be fair, I think the tosser comment was said in jest by Paddy.

Yes I think Bradders knows that full well, especially when at first I was convinced he said sorry. Don't forget rout I love Bradders nearly as much as you!!

Paddy
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”