World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
xtreme rebel
County Player

World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

Post by xtreme rebel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:21 am

Adrian Lewis v James Wade

Hopefully it's about these 2 players and not Phil Taylor and we don't have to listen to how Taylor trained Lewis in the 'art of the dart' - complete rubbish.

Head to Head

Wade 13-7 Lewis

Dicie
International

Re: World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

Post by Dicie » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 am

How much mentally has it taken out of lewis beating PT???? Im guessing he didnt sleep great last night, hopefully, he had a good cry (sounds stupid, but wud let go of so much tension and emotion)

I be honest, i would love to see Adrian win it, would also go a long way to proving i was wrong about him in germany

TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:25 am

I dont think Lewis does nerves so that shouldnt be a concern for one-Wade will get the boos also so taking all things considered im going for a James Wade win. :? -- Seriously hope its as exciting and crazy as the last 2 big matches weve just witnessed- Then James can bring the tin pot up to my local in a few weeks :CCCCC:

Krispy
County Player

Post by Krispy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:47 am

Dicie wrote:How much mentally has it taken out of lewis beating PT???? Im guessing he didnt sleep great last night, hopefully, he had a good cry (sounds stupid, but wud let go of so much tension and emotion)

I be honest, i would love to see Adrian win it, would also go a long way to proving i was wrong about him in germany

I've read on on facebook that he got to bed in good time, and has slept like a log - well a log being sawed - he's sharing with his mate Craig who was on FB complaining about needing earplugs for the snoring. :DDD:
Webmaster and editor/writer of the PDC fansite; Darts, Beers & Cheers!, and Exhibition and Open Tournament database.
Play (terribly) for Stilton Country Club.

Dartsani
Brass Darts

Post by Dartsani » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:12 am

Another great thing that comes from that Taylor is not in final, they might have done another great change and let that old imbecile Sid Twattell stay out of final as well....but not putting too much hope for that, he will there to ruin the final anyways.
Just remember...
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:16 am

Should be a cracker. (Which is a rarity for a PDC TV Final).

6-4 Wade, but will be cheering on Lewis. :headbang:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price

Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:33 am

Lewis has done the hard work by knocking Taylor out of the tourney, so Wade will probably have another major behind his name after tonight as I doubt that Lewis can charge up his battery again for enough power to beat James who will probably continue his clinical and often flawless hitting of the doubles and trebles. Despite his ups and downs, I think James is far more consistent than Adrian.

xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:30 pm

If Lewis is on form with the 180s tonight, he'll be hard to beat.

hitman
The Ton Club

Post by hitman » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:36 pm

After watching last nights game, i was really impressed on how focused ade stayed even at the point of match defeat, don,t
know if anyone else noticed but was,nt sweating up as he usually does, which only shows how controlled he was even at the times of great pressure, to me he had found that rarely found haven of darting eutopia, in which your beleif is not effected by any outside influence, even gamesmanship when it rears its ugly head. I only hope that he can return to that same state of
mind tonight, and instill on all of us the natural gift this guy has, cos if he manages to, the final will be not only be a fantastic
game and veiwing heaven, but a realisation of what most of the darting fraternity has been waiting for! I,m sure James Wade
will be up for this game, probably a little releived it is,nt P.T. he,s playing, but lets take nothing away from what i beleive is
going to be a fantastic and thrilling game! congratulations and good luck to both players! :DDDD: :DDDD: :DDDD:

Marching On Together
Steady Sixties

Post by Marching On Together » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:41 pm

Would like to see Lewis win his first TV major......but think Wade will beat him. Just nice to see a different pairing in the final for a change

The Crusader
County Player

Post by The Crusader » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:42 pm

Want Wade to win but would be happy for Lewis if he won. What I dont want mentioning is if Wade wins is that it's another major without having to beat Phil . . . as if that makes it less of an acheivement.
Thinking of one.

crazydarter
Pub Champion

Post by crazydarter » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:08 pm

am sure we'll be in for a crackin final, c'mon ade you can do it.... :P :P :P

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:19 pm

Hope Ade wins, cant stand Wade, dunno why.

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Rooting for Wadey tonight :D
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Carl Cavell wrote:Want Wade to win but would be happy for Lewis if he won. What I dont want mentioning is if Wade wins is that it's another major without having to beat Phil . . . as if that makes it less of an acheivement.

I think it's the other way around, Carl. For any tournament winner -ask Nicholson, Part, Barney, Evison, Priestley and G.Anderson- it's a hugh feeling and bonus if you win the trophy after beating the best player in the world. If James wins tonight which I think he will he'll have another major trophy but without the extra shiny glamour that it would have had when he would have beaten Phil. But then again he was in the other half of the draw, so he could have only met Phil in the final which would have happened if Phil had cashed his match darts.

Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:44 pm

Rudy wrote:I think it's the other way around, Carl. For any tournament winner -ask Nicholson, Part, Barney, Evison, Priestley and G.Anderson- it's a hugh feeling and bonus if you win the trophy after beating the best player in the world. If James wins tonight which I think he will he'll have another major trophy but without the extra shiny glamour that it would have had when he would have beaten Phil.

Maybe so, but it doesn't take anything away from Wades Victory (if he Wins).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price

dartsfan11
Superleague Player

Post by dartsfan11 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:48 pm

phil taylor joins rod and eric in the studio tonight.

hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:01 pm

Tough to call tonight, Adie could go 2 ways:

1. Last night has taken so much out of him & he has nothing left
2. He is still on a high from last night & continues his excellent form

I'm sure the crowd will be behind Adie so be interesting to see how Wade reacts.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:18 pm

from www.pdc.tv

"It's Just Another Game": Lewis
10 Oct 2010

ADRIAN LEWIS is determined to treat Sunday's Bodog.com World Grand Prix final as "just another game".[wrapimg=right]http://www.pdc.tv/javaImages/34/ff/0,,10180~9109300,00.jpg[/wrapimg]

Lewis is hoping to claim his maiden major title when he faces James Wade at the Citywest Hotel in Dublin.

The 25-year-old booked his place in the decider with a thrilling 5-4 semi-final win over Phil Taylor on Saturday, putting him into his first major final since the 2008 European Championship.

Lewis, though, insists that he is placing no extra pressure on being in the final.

"I'll see it as any other game or any other final I've been in before, be that on the PDC ProTour, an exhibition, the World Series of Darts or the European Championship," said Lewis.

"I don't think about finals as being a massive thing, I'll go up there and treat it as any other game.

"I peaked at the right time against Phil. I didn't play well against Alan Tabern or Terry Jenkins and I don't think I started well enough against Wayne Jones in the quarters, but I started well, scored well and finished well against Phil.

"Sunday's another night, but I'll be ready."

James Wade - Bodog.com World Grand Prix Quarter-Finals (Lawrence Lustig, PDC)Wade won his spot in the final with a 5-1 romp against Raymond van Barneveld, as he looks to repeat his 2007 triumph in Dublin.

"I'm over the moon to be in the final," said Wade. "I've come here to win the tournament again but I know I've got to play better than that to win it.

"My performances are improving and I was very pleased with this win, but I know I've still got more in the tank."

Watch Live!
Live coverage is available on Sky Sports HD
PDCtv International Pass subscribers can also watch live in PDCtv - click here to watch
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:21 pm

hang the dj wrote:Tough to call tonight, Adie could go 2 ways:

1. Last night has taken so much out of him & he has nothing left
2. He is still on a high from last night & continues his excellent form

I'm sure the crowd will be behind Adie so be interesting to see how Wade reacts.
So what your're saying is he might win and he might not. ;)
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”