World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
GtotheF
International

Re: World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

Post by GtotheF » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:19 pm

Bloody missed the final.

Had friends round for dinner. ;) ;)
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Welsh Wayne
International

Post by Welsh Wayne » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:24 pm

Adrian1969 wrote:Bloody missed the final.

What you ate your friends :shock: :shock: :shock:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne

GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:29 pm

Welsh Wayne wrote:

And the chianti was delicious.
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:07 pm

Rudy wrote:Without any disrespect to the 2 youngsters involved in last night's final, but I wonder:
am I the only one last night missing Taylor? I just couldn't get thrilled by the match or is it because of the far better (Taylor involved) matches we've been priviliged to watch prior to the final?

I know I'm in the lion's pit as to Taylor here, as ironically a lot of you seem to like his absence for a welcome change, but didn't any of you miss Taylor too last night?

Although it was healthy to see a non-Taylor final it definitely lacked some highlights.
We are spoiled. :hiding:

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:15 pm

slymaster wrote:
Rudy wrote:Without any disrespect to the 2 youngsters involved in last night's final, but I wonder:
am I the only one last night missing Taylor? I just couldn't get thrilled by the match or is it because of the far better (Taylor involved) matches we've been priviliged to watch prior to the final?

I know I'm in the lion's pit as to Taylor here, as ironically a lot of you seem to like his absence for a welcome change, but didn't any of you miss Taylor too last night?

Although it was healthy to see a non-Taylor final it definitely lacked some highlights.

There weren't any highlights when Taylor beat Waites 18-4 at the Grand Slam or Terry J 18-4 at the Matchplay last year. Agree with above poster, I'd be happy to never see Taylor throw another dart.

sonofsam
The Ton Club

Post by sonofsam » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:18 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
slymaster wrote:

There weren't any highlights when Taylor beat Waites 18-4 at the Grand Slam or Terry J 18-4 at the Matchplay last year. Agree with above poster, I'd be happy to never see Taylor throw another dart.

Then stop your boring whining and don't watch his matches, simples
:D

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:37 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
slymaster wrote:

That's a strange thing for a dart fan to say, so you would not want to witness the greatest player ever, throwing at the highest standard ever?
Member of the Peter Manley Fan Club Member of the Ted Hankey Fan Club

Steve Egerton = Idi Admin

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:40 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:
slymaster wrote:

Taylor 16-2 Waites
It wasnt competitive but a 10darter (8perfect) and a 170finish qualify as highlight.
105co from Waites was also nice. Taylor just missed another 170...

Taylor 18-4 Jenks
Taylor had another 10darter
144co, 121co etc.....total of 5 +100finishes
+106 average

The old topic - masterclass vs competitive match.

Btw - I like both!

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:48 pm

Actually I was not talking about Taylor. Ade and Wade are also capable of fireworks.
Maybe next time.

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:20 pm

spaceman70 wrote:
ralph cifaretto wrote:
slymaster wrote:

That's a strange thing for a dart fan to say, so you would not want to witness the greatest player ever, throwing at the highest standard ever?

Just go through his UK Open run where every match of his was on the telly:
Mardle 9-2. An hour of my life wasted.
Painter 9-0. An hour of my life wasted.
Adrian Lewis 10-2, Gary Anderson 11-5, you get the picture.

These uncompetitive matches arent highlights, they might as well do the walk-ons, shake hands then give Taylor the match.

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:24 pm

slymaster wrote:
ralph cifaretto wrote:
slymaster wrote:

Taylor 16-2 Waites
It wasnt competitive but a 10darter (8perfect) and a 170finish qualify as highlight.
105co from Waites was also nice. Taylor just missed another 170...

Taylor 18-4 Jenks
Taylor had another 10darter
144co, 121co etc.....total of 5 +100finishes
+106 average

The old topic - masterclass vs competitive match.

Btw - I like both!

10 darters, 100+ checks, 100+ averages, I get all those in my Super League matches :IIII:

Where's the Mason-Adams, the Bristow-Wilson's etc? Obv Gary on Friday and Adie on Saturday proved they could. Whats the betting they're both in the pocket next time aginst Taylor? We all know close matches like that aint gonna happen again (well for another couple of years), dont kid yourselves that its a new dawn.

slymaster
International

Post by slymaster » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:50 pm

ralph cifaretto wrote:10 darters, 100+ checks, 100+ averages, I get all those in my Super League matches :IIII:

Where's the Mason-Adams, the Bristow-Wilson's etc? Obv Gary on Friday and Adie on Saturday proved they could. Whats the betting they're both in the pocket next time aginst Taylor? We all know close matches like that aint gonna happen again (well for another couple of years), dont kid yourselves that its a new dawn.

Then maybe you should just watch your Super League. I am sure you will see quite some competitive matches there. :WWWW:

Mason vs Adams, Bristow vs Wilson???
Not getting this reference. We have just seen 4-5 nailbitters. Happens all the time.

Even with Taylor in it.
Player Champs: Taylor vs Lloyd, Taylor vs Nicholson
Euros: Taylor vs Jenkins
WGP: Taylor vs Anderson, Taylor vs Lewis

Gringo
Pub Champion

Post by Gringo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Adrian1969 wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

And the chianti was delicious.

How were the fava beans :DDD:

PT13
Pub Champion

Post by PT13 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:50 pm

The Cat wrote:I'm sure John Part took him out when Manley went on to win the LVDC - I think Part has done that favour for people a few times.

PDC TV tournaments Phil Taylor has not won
1994 World Championship: Runner-up (lost 1-6 in sets to Dennis Priestley). Tournament winner is Dennis Priestley.

1994 World Matchplay: Round of 16 Loser (lost 9-11 in legs to Bob Anderson. Anderson loses 8-11 in legs to Shayne Burgess in the quarter finals). Tournament winner is Larry Butler.

1996 World Matchplay: Round of 16 Loser (lost 1-8 in legs to Peter Evison. Evison beats Dennis Priestley 16-14 in legs in the final). Tournament winner is Peter Evison.

1998 World Matchplay: Quarter Final Loser (lost 10-13 in legs to Ronnier Baxter. Baxter loses 17-19 in legs to Rod Harrington in the final). Tournament winner is Rod Harrington.

1999 World Matchplay: Semi Final Loser (lost 14-17 in legs to Peter Manley. Manley loses 17-19 in legs to Rod Harrington in the final). Tournament winner is Rod Harrington.

2001 World Grand Prix: Round of 32 Loser (lost 1-2 in sets to Kevin Painter. Painter loses 1-6 in sets to Dennis Smith in the quarter finals). Tournament winner is Alan Warriner.

2003 World Championship: Runner-up (lost 6-7 in sets to John Part). Tournament winner is John Part.

2003 Las Vegas Desert Classic: Semi Final Loser (lost 10-13 in legs to John Part. Part loses 12-16 in legs to Peter Manley in the final). Tournament winner is Peter Manley.

2004 UK Open: Quarter Final Loser (lost 6-8 in legs to John Part. Part loses 6-11 in legs to Roland Scholten in the final). Tournament winner is Roland Scholten.

2004 World Grand Prix: Round of 32 Loser (lost 0-2 in sets to Andy Callaby. Callaby loses 1-4 in sets to Alan Warriner in the quarter finals). Tournament winner is Colin Lloyd.

2005 World Matchplay: Quarter Final Loser (lost 11-16 in legs to John Part. Part loses 12-18 in legs to Colin Lloyd in the final). Tournament winner is Colin Lloyd.

2006 UK Open: Quarter Final Loser (lost 10-11 in legs to Raymond van Barneveld. Barneveld beats Barrie Bates 13-7 in legs in the final). Tournament winner is Raymond van Barneveld.

2006 Las Vegas Desert Classic: Semi Final Loser (lost 3-4 in sets to Raymond van Barneveld. Barneveld loses 3-6 in sets to John Part in the final). Tournament winner is John Part.

2007 World Championship: Runner-up (lost 6-7 in sets to Raymond van Barneveld). Tournament winner is Raymond van Barneveld.

2007 UK Open: Quarter Final Loser (lost 4-11 in legs to Raymond van Barneveld. Barneveld beats Vincent van der Voort 16-8 in the final). Tournament winner is Raymond van Barneveld.

2007 Las Vegas Desert Classic: Round of 32 Loser (lost 5-6 in legs to Mark Dudbridge. Dudbridge loses 7-8 to John Part in the Round of 16). Tournament winner is Raymond van Barneveld.

2007 World Matchplay: Semi Final Loser (lost 11-17 in legs to Terry Jenkins. Jenkins loses 7-18 in legs to James Wade in the final). Tournament winner is James Wade.

2007 World Grand Prix: Round of 32 Loser (lost 0-2 in sets to Adrian Gray. Gray loses 2-4 in sets to John Part in the quarter finals). Tournament winner is James Wade.

2008 World Championship: Quarter Final Loser (lost 4-5 in sets to Wayne Mardle. Mardle loses 4-6 in sets to Kirk Shepherd in the semi finals). Tournament winner is John Part.

2008 UK Open: Quarter Final Loser (lost 9-10 in legs to Raymond van Barneveld. Barneveld loses 8-10 in legs to Gary Mawson in the semi finals). Tournament winner is James Wade.

2009 Premier League: Semi Final Loser (lost 6-10 in legs to Mervyn King. King loses 8-13 in legs to James Wade in the final). Tournament winner is James Wade.

2010 Players Championship Finals: Semi Final Loser (lost 9-10 in legs to Paul Nicholson. Nicholson beats Mervyn King 13-11 in the final). Tournament winner is Paul Nicholson.

2010 World Grand Prix: Semi Final Loser (lost 4-5 in sets to Adrian Lewis. Lewis loses 3-6 in sets to James Wade in the final). Tournament winner is James Wade.

Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Well quite obvious is it from these fine stats of Sly's that Barney, Wade, Harrington, Part, Priestley and Lloyd are all multiple major winners, but only Barney, Part and the Menace knocked out Taylor.
The rest beat (an)other great player(s) put in front of them of course. ;)

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”