World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

The funniest, wierdest and wildest topics all in one place, preserved for posterity along with classic threads from the BDO and PDC world championships, the Grand Slam of Darts and more
Welsh Wayne
International

Re: World Grand Prix 2010 - Final

Post by Welsh Wayne » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:35 pm

Rout wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:
Rout wrote:Wade apologies to Xtreme Rebel!

"Very sorry for beating the man in front of me"

Its not good enough James. If fact its disgusting
or not.

Well Mr Rout some of your posts I agree with and before i make a comment i start to think is he taking the piss .

Thats a bit sad really because it starts to get to most of us that your a blinkered darts fan and maybe lose your creditabilty as a poster

I'm sure you have some creditable things to say but sometimes your posts are deemed by some as so anti pdc that they have no rellevance in the modern darts world.

Can that be right ?? The question i ask you as i have asked others. BDO FAN OR DARTS FAN. Where do you sit Rout

I dont really understand what, in the post above, has to do with PDC/BDO, anti PDC, or anything of that nature - do you understand the point I was attempting to make, in an albeit ironic sort of way in this post?

enlighten me
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:36 pm

Murphio wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bradders wrote:
Murphio wrote:
Bradders wrote:Can someone tell me what the final averages were off the caption they showed after the match? My stram was so crap I couldnt make it out!

Those streams are really bad. Apart from dodgy pictures some of them have really bad sound which make words like 'historic' sound really like 'sorry'.

Better tell that to a load of other people, sunshine.

You started the thread you moron :DDD:

And many others agreed with me you moron

Dave Clarke...resign now! :DDD: PMSL

Sky should replace him anyway to be honest.

and the Iron Fist
Superleague Player

Post by and the Iron Fist » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:38 pm

Bradders wrote:

But not with Colin Murray...
"It seems he thinks he is entitled to say what he likes" - 'Gadffi' Dicie on and the Iron Fist.

xtreme rebel
County Player

Post by xtreme rebel » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:39 pm

Well done Wade. Done a professional job.

Just a pity they gave you a goldfish bowl as the trophy, it looked cheap and shabby. Lewis got a glorified ash tray.

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:40 pm

Bradders wrote: Sky should replace him anyway to be honest.

You should have stuck to your guns then. The fact you gave him the benefit of the doubt probably changed a few minds upstairs in the Sky boardroom. Id imagine on reading your demands they had his p45 ready...... :DDD:

Marching On Together
Steady Sixties

Post by Marching On Together » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:42 pm

and the Iron Fist wrote:
Bradders wrote:

But not with Colin Murray...

or Andy Goldstein

Rout
International

Post by Rout » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Rout wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:
Rout wrote:Wade apologies to Xtreme Rebel!

"Very sorry for beating the man in front of me"

Its not good enough James. If fact its disgusting
or not.

Well Mr Rout some of your posts I agree with and before i make a comment i start to think is he taking the piss .

Thats a bit sad really because it starts to get to most of us that your a blinkered darts fan and maybe lose your creditabilty as a poster

I'm sure you have some creditable things to say but sometimes your posts are deemed by some as so anti pdc that they have no rellevance in the modern darts world.

Can that be right ?? The question i ask you as i have asked others. BDO FAN OR DARTS FAN. Where do you sit Rout

I dont really understand what, in the post above, has to do with PDC/BDO, anti PDC, or anything of that nature - do you understand the point I was attempting to make, in an albeit ironic sort of way in this post?

enlighten me

Read from post 7 on page 9 of this thread onwards.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2331&start=152
Justin Credible wrote:Jamie Caven is the best darts player in the world
Yes. He actually said this.

OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:39 pm

well done wade and lewis :DDDD:

lewis has come of age this week with the bottle and maturity shown to beat taylor, and while i'm not wades biggest fan, i respect him for his grounded out wins and solidarity on the key shots..............he was far better in his last few interviews and i applaud the victory :DDDD:

TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:57 pm

thetrojan
Steady Sixties

Post by thetrojan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:51 am

Massive well done to Wadey again. Second now on the all time winner list for majors in the pdc. Great player and more to come i would say. Lewis let himself down a tiny bit with his reaction to Wade on occasions and was less than gracious whilst standing on stage at the end. But it is good to have this bit of needle on occasions.

hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:33 am

Wade was solid all week without being spectacular & deserved his victory but what was his delayed hand shake all about?

Rudy
County Player

Post by Rudy » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:05 am

Without any disrespect to the 2 youngsters involved in last night's final, but I wonder:
am I the only one last night missing Taylor? I just couldn't get thrilled by the match or is it because of the far better (Taylor involved) matches we've been priviliged to watch prior to the final?

I know I'm in the lion's pit as to Taylor here, as ironically a lot of you seem to like his absence for a welcome change, but didn't any of you miss Taylor too last night?

TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:14 am

Rudy wrote:Without any disrespect to the 2 youngsters involved in last night's final, but I wonder:
am I the only one last night missing Taylor? I just couldn't get thrilled by the match or is it because of the far better (Taylor involved) matches we've been priviliged to watch prior to the final?

I know I'm in the lion's pit as to Taylor here, as ironically a lot of you seem to like his absence for a welcome change, but didn't any of you miss Taylor too last night?

It was a rare event without the King of darts hes like a comfort blanket to us all, win after win I think last night final made a welcome change to the norm. Cant wait for the next event now.

Martin Adams Beard
Pub Champion

Post by Martin Adams Beard » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 pm

How many times has Taylor been beaten in a tournament (televised or not) only for his victor not to win the whole tournament?

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Martin Adams Beard wrote:How many times has Taylor been beaten in a tournament (televised or not) only for his victor not to win the whole tournament?

Loads of times, if you think about it. Gray and Callaby never won the WGP, Mardle never won the Worlds, A Jenkins and VVV never won the Grand Slam...

Martin Adams Beard
Pub Champion

Post by Martin Adams Beard » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Bradders wrote:
Martin Adams Beard wrote:How many times has Taylor been beaten in a tournament (televised or not) only for his victor not to win the whole tournament?

Loads of times, if you think about it. Gray and Callaby never won the WGP, Mardle never won the Worlds, A Jenkins and VVV never won the Grand Slam...

Jeez and I never even taught of the grand slam

ralph cifaretto
Pub Champion

Post by ralph cifaretto » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:12 pm

T Jenkins at the Matchplay 2/3 years ago.

The Cat
International

Post by The Cat » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:19 pm

I'm sure John Part took him out when Manley went on to win the LVDC - I think Part has done that favour for people a few times.

hang the dj
County Player

Post by hang the dj » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Rudy wrote:Without any disrespect to the 2 youngsters involved in last night's final, but I wonder:

Didn't miss Taylor at all, makes it a much more open game when isn't involved.

I would be quite happy if he never made another final

thetrojan
Steady Sixties

Post by thetrojan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:16 pm

Got to say that at the very least, the atmosphere was lacking without Taylor, (and possibly Barney or Anderson), as they are the only ones who create a real intense atmosphere. I must admit that whilst i was glad to see a different final, i always watch a Taylor final with more enthusiasm if only in the hope that someone might pull off that almighty shock. Really happy for the two guys in the final, but must admit that it maybe lacked some x factor, particularly in the early stages. Reminded me of the Part and Sheppard final a few years ago.

Return to “The Stars Of Darts Archive Section”