METRO GRAND MASTERS - 31st Aug - £3,000 Winner £1,000 R/Up

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

METRO GRAND MASTERS - 31st Aug - £3,000 Winner £1,000 R/Up

Post by MetroGrandMasters »

[pdfview]Metro Grand Masters - Darts Open, Saturday 31st August 2013.

Only £10 entrance fee.

ENTER ONLINE HERE - http://www.metrograndmasters.weebly.com

In partnership with -

Metro Inns - http://www.metroinns.co.uk/

Set to be the biggest independent open on the 2013 Darting calender with the winner taking home £3,000 and the Runner Up £1,000. This Is guaranteed!
Prizes paid up to the last 32 dependent on entries.

Doors open from 9-30am, Registration by 11-30.
Toe to the oche 12noon

At -
Metro Inns, Macklin Street, Derby, DE1 1LF

Booking code to follow to receive £10 off rooms at Metro Inns - MGMdarts

TWITTER - @MGMdarts

http://www.metrograndmasters.weebly.com

spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Re: METRO GRAND MASTERS - 31st Aug - £3,000 Winner £1,000 R/

Post by spaceman70 »

Great prize fund, hope it gets loads of entries. :)
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

Cheers for all the support, RT's and entries so far, still 6 months away but filling up nicely!

TWITTER - @MGMdarts
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

Spaces really filling up now,
have also just got the prize fund upto £7,000 with the help of £500 added for any 9 darters.

you can enter now on www.metrograndmasters.weebly.com

Only £10 with a guaranteed £3,000 and £1,000 for the winner / runner up respectively!!!
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

*UPDATE* - Don't forget to pre register if you are planning to come on the 31st August but pay on the day. Will keep the price at £10!

If not pre registered it will be £12!

do it here..... http://metrograndmasters.weebly.com/pre-register.html

7 weeks on Sunday

Cheers!!!
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

Spaces starting to fill up now that only just over 4 weeks away!
Don't forget to enter online or pre register at

www.metrograndmasters.weebly.com
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

Filling up lovely now, over 120 entered and on pre reg list.... Just over 2 weeks away, dont forget to register or enter here .....

www.metrograndmasters.weebly.com
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

10 Day Countdown! Approaching 140 pre-reg & entries now!
Dont miss out.... do it here now .... http://www.metrograndmasters.weebly.com

Only £10 entry (£12 0n the day without pre-reg)

£3,000 Winner - £1,000 Runner Up - £500 9 Dart Pot - GUARANTEED !!!

MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

Only 3 days to go!!
foggy
Superleague Player

Post by foggy »

Among the entries were Dennis Smith, Colin Osborne, James Richardson, Scott Rand, Chris Mason, Mark Walsh, Wayne Jones, Robbie Green, Mark Hylton, Micheal Smith, Jamie Caven.

Event Won by Jamie Caven
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

foggy wrote:Among the entries were Dennis Smith, Colin Osborne, James Richardson, Scott Rand, Chris Mason, Mark Walsh, Wayne Jones, Robbie Green, Mark Hylton, Micheal Smith, Jamie Caven.

Event Won by Jamie Caven
Any detailed results available anywhere?
mc1958
Superleague Player

Post by mc1958 »

From elsewhere - Jabba beat Rick Sudale in the final 6-1 - couldn't see any other results

There were 170 entries and the prizes for losing semi finalists down ended up as £150 losing semis, £70 losing quarters and £25 last 16. The top two prizes were guaranteed so stayed as they were.
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

mc1958 wrote:From elsewhere - Jabba beat Rick Sudale in the final 6-1 - couldn't see any other results

There were 170 entries and the prizes for losing semi finalists down ended up as £150 losing semis, £70 losing quarters and £25 last 16. The top two prizes were guaranteed so stayed as they were.
Yeah it just said "subject to entrys" which basically meant no matter how many played they could cut the payouts, a lot of miffed players over that one!
Beer was £3.60 in the room and £2.85 downstairs, was this standard for the function room or did they put it up for this event?
Reg closed at 11.30am and the first games called after 1pm, i was told the organisers waited for some local players to arrive which is bad but at least that might explain such a long delay, no actual explanation was given.
Boards looked new but were cheap and were knackered after a couple of games, oches moved and the stands themselves rocked violently when darts were retrieved/markers wiped the boards.

The comp itself was well run apart from the delayed start.
From various conversations i think many will not return, myself included.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

ifm wrote:
mc1958 wrote:From elsewhere - Jabba beat Rick Sudale in the final 6-1 - couldn't see any other results

Yeah it just said "subject to entrys" which basically meant no matter how many played they could cut the payouts, a lot of miffed players over that one!
Beer was £3.60 in the room and £2.85 downstairs, was this standard for the function room or did they put it up for this event?
Reg closed at 11.30am and the first games called after 1pm, i was told the organisers waited for some local players to arrive which is bad but at least that might explain such a long delay, no actual explanation was given.
Boards looked new but were cheap and were knackered after a couple of games, oches moved and the stands themselves rocked violently when darts were retrieved/markers wiped the boards.

The function room is leased by the hotel and downstairs bar is owned by the hotel
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

ifm wrote:

Yeah it just said "subject to entry's" which basically meant no matter how many played they could cut the payouts, a lot of miffed players over that one!

Just too clear up few things in this....

Room isn't actually owned by the hotel, as MDA has stated it is leased so different to the hotels actual bar. I do agree that £3.60 is expensive thou!

Not to sure who said that delayed start was because I was waiting for local players to turn up... this is untrue. Was simply a delay with the draw... double checking that all names were in was a major factor... naively the draw was done manually.... going forward and in hindsight computer based draw is the way to go.

With regards to the prize fund for semi finalists etc.. it was subject to entrys... if we had 256 entrys there would've been an extra £900 to put into the pot. This would've significantly increased the prizes below 2nd. But almost £5,000 was still payed out yesterday.

Sorry too here that 'many will not return', have heard some great feed back, all feedback is taken on board to help improve further events. I want to make it a great tournament with a great prize fund.
MDA
Superleague Player

Post by MDA »

MetroGrandMasters wrote:
ifm wrote:

Yeah it just said "subject to entry's" which basically meant no matter how many played they could cut the payouts, a lot of miffed players over that one!

Just too clear up few things in this....

Room isn't actually owned by the hotel, as MDA has stated it is leased so different to the hotels actual bar. I do agree that £3.60 is expensive thou!

Not to sure who said that delayed start was because I was waiting for local players to turn up... this is untrue. Was simply a delay with the draw... double checking that all names were in was a major factor... naively the draw was done manually.... going forward and in hindsight computer based draw is the way to go.

With regards to the prize fund for semi finalists etc.. it was subject to entrys... if we had 256 entrys there would've been an extra £900 to put into the pot. This would've significantly increased the prizes below 2nd. But almost £5,000 was still payed out yesterday.

Sorry too here that 'many will not return', have heard some great feed back, all feedback is taken on board to help improve further events. I want to make it a great tournament with a great prize fund.
Keep putting on 3k top prize and I will guarantee they will return well done on a great event
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

Cheers Matt,
Was the first one so going to be few teething problems.
Had some great feeddback and hoping to repeat it next year!

got all results here .... https://www.facebook.com/metrogrand.mas ... 549&type=3
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

MetroGrandMasters wrote:Cheers Matt,
Was the first one so going to be few teething problems.
Had some great feeddback and hoping to repeat it next year!

got all results here .... https://www.facebook.com/metrogrand.mas ... 549&type=3
As i said it was very well run but there were definite issues.

It was a massive drop in prize money in all spots, something unfortunately you see far too much of of late, organisers believe a guaranteed top prize attracts more people when in reality it doesn't work as a rule.
There are many examples of this.
Interestingly i actual believe the biggest pulling factor was £100 for last 16, if you think about it there are relatively few who believe they can win the big money but most will believe they can win their board.

Having 16 boards was a massive thumbs up for me, so often you see comps drag on into the night because organisers underestimate the amount of time games can last.
It was very tight in there, i doubt it could cope with 256 entrants and guests.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
hodgy0212
Steady Sixties

Post by hodgy0212 »

i was also at this event, now forgive me for being naive, but if there was 170 entries at £10 a time, surely that makes £1700 prize fund to be split between the semis, last 8 and last 16. from what has been put up on here so far with regards prize money, £780 was paid to those positions, where did the other £920 go.
MetroGrandMasters
Feather Flights

hodgy0212 wrote:i was also at this event, now forgive me for being naive, but if there was 170 entries at £10 a time, surely that makes £1700 prize fund to be split between the semis, last 8 and last 16. from what has been put up on here so far with regards prize money, £780 was paid to those positions, where did the other £920 go.
Into the other prize money mate, there was also the £1,000 for runner up to take into consideration and the £3,000!

Also there are expenses to take into account i.e. the 20 x stands that were hired. So the actual outlay isn't just the prize money that was paid out. There is a few more variables.

Hope this answers your question.... cheers