Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
ericbristowlegend
Pub Champion

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by ericbristowlegend »

finished my first season for a dart team season started back in september i think finished there start of april. in total i played inly 5 games winning 2 losing 3 so 40% win percentage. i only played those handful of games because of a 48 day stay in hosipital the less said about that the better ehh. I will say one thing i never knew there so much politics even at pub level did turn me right off the sport for a while. But in saying that once i got out of hosipital i threw myself into darts big time and by the end of the season i was the teams best player but i'm still undecided if i'll play for them next season with all the politics. i'm still having servere problems sticking to a set of arrows i've gone back to basics last night to my old priestley darts. On the exhibition scene i was on tour with team artist in december great craic marked all the games them few nights then fufilled a darting dream by marking a night of darts for old stoneface john lowe and most recently there was supposed to be another team artist tour last weekend didn't materialise so i found myself in athlone having the banter with the power and his gang great to meet up with darting folk again. Looking forward to sharing my 21st birthday with this forum on friday again lol
How goes it?
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

Having a bit of a resurgence in my advancing years, played last night in the bath league and started well going out in 17 then could have gone 2-0 up but after leaving 102 after 15 i hit t20 and going for big 10 threw the blinkin thing off the board :DDD: think i was getting excited but left myself 32 after 18 only to miss 6 darts at it and let my opponent in (i almost walked on 2 of my double 8 attempts i thought they were in) I won the next leg comfortably, but can't remember exactly how many darts but i knew my opponent had only just left a high check, think it was around 18 darts and then we both played a blinder with him breaking me in 14 with me having left a 2 dart finish after 15. Up for the bull for the decider which i won and then i kicked off 135 125 59 105 and hit t19 missed then hit d10 for a 15 dart leg and the win. Not gonna trouble too many of the top players in the league but i will give a few of them a fright!!
Using Cosmo carbon spinning stems with standard black fit flights and loving them!!
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

chissy wrote:Having a bit of a resurgence in my advancing years, played last night in the bath league and started well going out in 17 then could have gone 2-0 up but after leaving 102 after 15 i hit t20 and going for big 10 threw the blinkin thing off the board :DDD: think i was getting excited but left myself 32 after 18 only to miss 6 darts at it and let my opponent in (i almost walked on 2 of my double 8 attempts i thought they were in) I won the next leg comfortably, but can't remember exactly how many darts but i knew my opponent had only just left a high check, think it was around 18 darts and then we both played a blinder with him breaking me in 14 with me having left a 2 dart finish after 15. Up for the bull for the decider which i won and then i kicked off 135 125 59 105 and hit t19 missed then hit d10 for a 15 dart leg and the win. Not gonna trouble too many of the top players in the league but i will give a few of them a fright!!
Using Cosmo carbon spinning stems with standard black fit flights and loving them!!
I'd love to see how the Cosmo flights would do but the wee bald man still hasn't sent me any ;)
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

we lost heavily in our final league game last night. 9-3, we had darts at several doubles in all the games so it could easily have been a reverse of the scores. We ended up finishing third in the league.

I love the fit flights, but I have broke all my flights and what with me being scottish I have reverted back to my old set up.
chissy
County Player

Post by chissy »

nikkiboy wrote:
chissy wrote:Having a bit of a resurgence in my advancing years, played last night in the bath league and started well going out in 17 then could have gone 2-0 up but after leaving 102 after 15 i hit t20 and going for big 10 threw the blinkin thing off the board :DDD: think i was getting excited but left myself 32 after 18 only to miss 6 darts at it and let my opponent in (i almost walked on 2 of my double 8 attempts i thought they were in) I won the next leg comfortably, but can't remember exactly how many darts but i knew my opponent had only just left a high check, think it was around 18 darts and then we both played a blinder with him breaking me in 14 with me having left a 2 dart finish after 15. Up for the bull for the decider which i won and then i kicked off 135 125 59 105 and hit t19 missed then hit d10 for a 15 dart leg and the win. Not gonna trouble too many of the top players in the league but i will give a few of them a fright!!
I'd love to see how the Cosmo flights would do but the wee bald man still hasn't sent me any ;)
He hasn't sent me any either mate i did it the old fashioned way and bought them.
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

chissy wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:
He hasn't sent me any either mate i did it the old fashioned way and bought them.
Aaaahhhhh the Non Scottish way, as I call it.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Finals night in Mumbles Darts League tonight.

Me, Jan and Cai in the Triples final playing a side with Glamorgan County player Clayton Williams in it, Jan has been exceptional in this carrying me and my mate into the final !!!!
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
happyintheuk
The Ton Club

Post by happyintheuk »

Ever turned up a venue for something else just to get roped into a darts comp??

Took my partner to play in a crib finals comp but unfortunately she lost. So I buy her a drink as a consolation but in the meantime the mixed pairs darts comp that's about to start still need one more guy to play. Sue in her wisdom decides to register me in it even though I didn't really want to play.

First game up and the lady I'm paired isn't that great but hey lets throw and see what happens. Suprisingly we won and this carried on through another couple of rounds and low and behold we are in the semi's. Now the male player in the other pair I know can throw good darts so I'm thinking our luck has ended given that I am playing so inconsistently (tons followed by 40+ scores - damn frustrating) and my partner is hitting 3's for fun. Somehow we are 1-1 and have a deciding leg where they have tops left and we need 32 and they have first shot at it. The lady player goes close but ends up leaving 35. My turn next and I leave 4. That's it all done as I couldn't see matey messing up, but to my delight/shock he does. Now my partner hasn't been close to a double all night but bang first dart goes in the double 2 and we are inthe final.

The final itself follows the pattern of the night so far except this time in the deciding leg they have tops and we have 32 (again). The opposing male player goes close with his first 2 darts then hits a one. Right time to pull myself together as I've played crap in the last leg so far. First dart I'm on the wire but its 16 left, next is so awful it's inthe middle of the 8. One dart left and not having had a drink all night my arm feels awful and my thumb is twitching, so one deep breath and I throw probably the sweetest double I've hit all night.

Bloody hell we've won the damn thing!! It was such a suprise to my partner she wasn't to sure what to do when being presented with the trophy. I said enjoy it and and smile sweetly for those taking pictures - oh and by the way you can let me hold it too...lol

I was happy we won but really pee'd off with how I played, but there you go sometimes the unexpected can come out with a nice surprise at the end.
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Darts league starts again tonight. Cannae wait if am being honest.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Played last night and team lost 6-1 I won my singles and also won the captains game afterwards. Their captain plays county and thinks he's the dog's, he's only young but has an attitude problem when he loses, monkey see monkey do is the thing, they see taylor and Lewis acting like spoilt kids and do the same.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Final league game of the summer league tonight and we need just two points to secure the division three title. Surely we cant fuck it up?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Well we won the division three title last night.

I lost my darts in the aftermath.
O C
Superleague Player

Post by O C »

Must have been a pretty good aftermath!
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

O C wrote:Must have been a pretty good aftermath!
I found them again but my cosmo fit flights were all squashed to fuck.

On a downside, we got hammered 11-1 in the tuesday night league last night.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Col wrote:
I found them again but my cosmo fit flights were all squashed to fek.

You want some more buddy?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Col wrote:

Yes please sir.

I absolutely love the damn things. They have improved my game quite markedly.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Back to it this friday... missed the first night last week due to the birthday bash so looking forward to friday :darts :CCCCC: :CCCCC:
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Col wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Col wrote:

Yes please sir.

Had notice from Cosmo that some were despatched to me today.

What it is you are after?
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Col wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
Col wrote:

Yes please sir.

Had notice from Cosmo that some were despatched to me today.

What it is you are after?
Standard spinning flights not the air ones. And standard shafts.

Cheers pal.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Welsh Wayne wrote:Back to it this friday... missed the first night last week due to the birthday bash so looking forward to friday :darts :CCCCC: :CCCCC:

And we won :darts :CCDD: