Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
Paddy McGinty
International

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
slim wrote:was gonna post my nights work but see its becoming a biatch sesh so wont bother :-( turning into a df thread
Please don't compare it to df, it's certainly not like the threads I've read on there. I have read through the whole thread and can see no reason for anyone getting upset, just a freindly bit of banter between dart payers and freinds. ;)

Anyway while I'm here might as well tell you how the darts went tonight.
I drew a bloke from Frome in my first game and won 3 - 1, it was a very poor game but I did enough to scrape through.
In my second game I played an old adversary of mine, he's one of those players that when he wins sticks his fist in the air and shouts out something like ave some! I find this extremely uncourteous and we have nearly come to blows in the past because of his disrespect.

The game started off OK, I won the first leg against the throw checking 100 out shot, but he broke straight back in the second although I had three darts at a double. The third leg was very close and he won, but in the fourth I had a good leg and equalled it up at 2 a piece.

In the fifth leg he had the throw and he went 140, 100, 140 he then hit a T20 which left him 61 he then hit T15 and just missed the double out, I was still too far out and nowhere near a double and on his next visit he hit D8 with his first dart. On consolation he never give me his usual fist in your face salute which was encouraging to say the least.
All in all it was a good night of darts with some excellent performances by Chrissy Allen and Lee Gregory (Mikes son), I did notice that someone was missing though, I don't know if it was from the embarrassment of me beating him last week, or if he had other commitments but our very own Skewballs was absent from the venue.
Regards Paddy

:bat:
to be fair to the guy Paddy thats a cracking deciding leg.

ww
No arguments there, but I should of killed the game when I had a chance earlier,

Every Dog has it's day!!
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

went down club last night and played the best ive played for a long long while - 401 di/out and 5 vry good chuckers in and a few others , started off rubbish as usual my biggest problem and couldnt double in 1st dart - scored well but was too late and was up and down on and off for 2 games - on for 1 game - on for 2 - etc down to doubling in .. then pulled off a 152 start 12 darter for a win and then di 1st dart for a 108 start next game and never looked back , won a few games and got time to settle in and 1 hour flew by and threats of arm breaking were flowing . took out ,148 , 130 , 119 and 100 x 2 but never hit a single max all night but did have a 171 .. the purple did fail drastically after 1 hours worth of 5% had hit home and got knocked off with a 24 darter :D but bloody enjoyed my spell its been a while
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

also won shanghai we played at end of night twice :D once with shangers on 18's and second by 100 clear points - happy days they dont come often and around £16 in me pocket - BIG MONEY :headbang:
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

^^^
Well done Slim, sounds like a lot of positives there mate.

Lee.
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

^^^^ for a player not playing - i took all the positives and am still living them lol wish they all went like that . roll on next payday
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Forgot to say that I also found out that we have to play Grubby's team in the next round of the knockout in the Thursday night league. This is a bit of a bummer as we were hoping to meet them in the final, now unfortuately they will never get thet far.

:bat:[/quote]
Hopefully you will get to play your "goat"!!!!!
Imagine being beaten by a goat!!!!!! OMG :HHHHH:
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

ok am i the only one wondering why grubby is talking about playing grubbys team ? oim a bit fick loik but still ?
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

slim wrote:ok am i the only one wondering why grubby is talking about playing grubbys team ? oim a bit fick loik but still ?
He tried to quote one of my posts but he left the begining quote tag out.

From what you've been saying you seem like a decent dart player, some impressive finishes to say the least, do you play for a team?
Paddy
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
slim wrote:ok am i the only one wondering why grubby is talking about playing grubbys team ? oim a bit fick loik but still ?
He tried to quote one of my posts but he left the begining quote tag out.

From what you've been saying you seem like a decent dart player, some impressive finishes to say the least, do you play for a team?
Paddy
not atm no - played the last few years but not playing league now only now and again , yeah i can chuck sometimes ;)
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy
maybe im a cheat and no possible way im good enough to be top pub standard - keep an eye on me bud ;)
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

slim wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Paddy
maybe im a cheat and no possible way im good enough to be top pub standard - keep an eye on me bud ;)
WTF :MAD:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
slim wrote:was gonna post my nights work but see its becoming a biatch sesh so wont bother :-( turning into a df thread
Please don't compare it to df, it's certainly not like the threads I've read on there. I have read through the whole thread and can see no reason for anyone getting upset, just a freindly bit of banter between dart payers and freinds. ;)

I drew a bloke from Frome in my first game and won 3 - 1, it was a very poor game but I did enough to scrape through.
In my second game I played an old adversary of mine, he's one of those players that when he wins sticks his fist in the air and shouts out something like ave some! I find this extremely uncourteous and we have nearly come to blows in the past because of his disrespect.

The game started off OK, I won the first leg against the throw checking 100 out shot, but he broke straight back in the second although I had three darts at a double. The third leg was very close and he won, but in the fourth I had a good leg and equalled it up at 2 a piece.

In the fifth leg he had the throw and he went 140, 100, 140 he then hit a T20 which left him 61 he then hit T15 and just missed the double out, I was still too far out and nowhere near a double and on his next visit he hit D8 with his first dart. On consolation he never give me his usual fist in your face salute which was encouraging to say the least.
All in all it was a good night of darts with some excellent performances by Chrissy Allen and Lee Gregory (Mikes son), I did notice that someone was missing though, I don't know if it was from the embarrassment of me beating him last week, or if he had other commitments but our very own Skewballs was absent from the venue.
Regards Paddy

ha, just got back from Malaysia working so I did have a pretty good excuse!!
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

Regards Paddy

Where did you go Kuala Lumpur?, I love Malaysia stayed there a few times, Langkawi was nice. I didn't realise you traveled with your job.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote: Please don't compare it to df, it's certainly not like the threads I've read on there. I have read through the whole thread and can see no reason for anyone getting upset, just a freindly bit of
Where did you go Kuala Lumpur?, I love Malaysia stayed there a few times, Langkawi was nice. I didn't realise you traveled with your job.
It was in Johor Bahor, just accross from Signapore. Although I have been to KL and love it as well. Been to Pangkor but not Langawi.
I don't travel much if I can help it.
Grubby
Superleague Player

Post by Grubby »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
Skewball wrote: Please don't compare it to df, it's certainly not like the threads I've read on there. I have read through the whole thread and can see no reason for anyone getting upset, just a freindly bit of
It was in Johor Bahor, just accross from Signapore. Although I have been to KL and love it as well. Been to Pangkor but not Langawi.
The other half has something to say about the travelling doesn't she Greg?
follow me on twitter @grubby1968!!!
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Grubby wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:
The other half has something to say about the travelling doesn't she Greg?
They have something to say about most things I find :roll: :roll: :DDD:
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

just had my praccy partner round , i won just 4-2 3-4 4-3 . me 72 him 70 . had 3 max's and he had 1 , highest out 112 him 90 was a crackin game but struggling on doubles had loads of chances at big out shots getting 2 trebs but no cigar - overall really happy coz not many loose darts just they were wiring or just out
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Darts Tonight!!

It comes around so fast, I hope Screwball turns up tonight and dosn't come out with another feeble excuse. Let you know how i get on later.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Paddy McGinty wrote:Darts Tonight!!

It comes around so fast, I hope Screwball turns up tonight and dosn't come out with another feeble excuse. Let you know how i get on later.

Sadly it is highly unlikely I will be there. :cry:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Skewball wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:Darts Tonight!!

Sadly it is highly unlikely I will be there. :cry:
WHAT'S your excuse tonight?