Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
chissy
County Player

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by chissy »

nikkiboy wrote:
Skewball wrote:I thought I was doing ok recently but then, of all people, last week I had to play our own Paddy McGinty!

And I could not hit a double to save my life :banghead: :banghead:

Losing to Paddy has left me distraught. I need therapy! :MMMN: :MMMN:

How will I ever get over this!!!!!
this is a sad sad day for everyone, one can only assume that your coke had been spiked, I mean there is no way that Paddy would beat you without some sort of pharmaceutical aid is there?

Did you wake up in the morning in some barn covered in goats hair?

Hang on a mo, when we played Greg you battered me, Paddy just battered you and I'm playing Paddy at the TSOD open for a tenner, Doh! :HOMER2:
Definitely, that baking powder does nothing to quell the nerves and makes your eyes go all puffy, its no wonder he lost!!! ;)
I'm on Twitter (occasionally) follow me @originalchissy
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

I quit my league team in January through being jaded and getting bitched at when I dared have a night off thereby "causing them to lose".

I've just being playing in my local and have started really enjoying it again so I'm gonna sign up for them in September after sitting the summer league out.

I did this once before as well when it became more of a chore having to go out on league night when I would have preferred doing something else and it kept me going for 4 years until January.

If anyone is thinking of packing it in maybe just have a break and see how you feel in a few months time - you might start to miss it, you might not.
OllyNufc180
County Player

Post by OllyNufc180 »

Been playing for around 4/5 years now in my bedroom (16 now) .........as ive got older ive improved gradually and with that taken it more seriously and am now hoping to be playing for a pub team, and enter more comps......

always been fazed mentally by the step up from playing in the bedroom to going into comps, but early this year i reached the quarter finals of the youth Tyne and Wear open which really was one of the happiest and best experiences of my life...........i had always believed in myself in practise, realising my potential but had a mental block of either trying to hard infront of dad or mates and playing pap..........but luckily enough i played great in the comp and have been informed since that i beat a few youth county players, and only got put out by the british teenage champion so that made me even more satisfied.......

I just love darts and i'd love to play more comps and with that improve.........unfortunatley i dont come from a darting family at all, and because of that have usually just practiced alone in my bedroom, so any chance of some games wether its with my mate, online :lol: i will jump to the chance :D

have the summer off now with 11 weeks off so i'm going to knuckle down on the dartboard and try and better my game, as well as enter a few comps when possible......
Martin Adams Beard
Pub Champion

Post by Martin Adams Beard »

I was throwing in a weekly competition last Friday night and I hit Two 180s and I won the whole thing by finishing 120.
That is 4 180s I hit in a week which is my best run ever I am well happy with my form.
Bruce Terrett
Superleague Player

Post by Bruce Terrett »

I had last winter season off as my form was awful, and I just wasn't enjoying it anymore. Am undecided whether I'll play this winter, I'm quite enjoying just having a chuck when I feel like it, though I do usually meet up with a mate every Tuesday after he finishes work and we have a couple of hours on the board.
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

The Cat wrote:I quit my league team in January through being jaded and getting bitched at when I dared have a night off thereby "causing them to lose".

I've just being playing in my local and have started really enjoying it again so I'm gonna sign up for them in September after sitting the summer league out.

I did this once before as well when it became more of a chore having to go out on league night when I would have preferred doing something else and it kept me going for 4 years until January.

If anyone is thinking of packing it in maybe just have a break and see how you feel in a few months time - you might start to miss it, you might not.

Where do you play Cat.

ww
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Welsh Wayne wrote:
The Cat wrote:I quit my league team in January through being jaded and getting bitched at when I dared have a night off thereby "causing them to lose".

Where do you play Cat.

ww
In the lounge, the rest of the team are playing in the bar :D
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

nikkiboy wrote:
Welsh Wayne wrote:

Where do you play Cat.

ww
In the lounge, the rest of the team are playing in the bar :D
:P
Are you implying that I can hit 180's from a different room to the dartboard then ?
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The Cat wrote:
Are you implying that I can hit 180's from a different room to the dartboard then ?
nope I was infering that it is safer for the rest of the team when you are
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

nikkiboy wrote:
The Cat wrote:
nope I was infering that it is safer for the rest of the team when you are

You'd better take a crash helmet to Radstock too then :D
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I have darts tonight it's a singles league that runs throughout the summer, last week I played a player from this forum, think is name is SkewedBall or something like that, anyway I turned up for this match against the advice of my doctor.

I was out bailing hay earlier in the day and got my hand caught between the PTO (power take off for all you thick "townies" without a tractor) and the 3 point linkage (the bit where you fasten implements on i.e. plough etc) Well it broke three of my fingers and ripped off 2 of my nails, the pain was excruciating and there was blood pumping out everywhere. Well after I'd finished bailing the rest of the field I got Mrs McGinty to take me up to the hospital to get me hand checked out, the doctor took one look at it and said you've lost so much blood you better stay here for 3 days. I told him that was never gonna happen so he stitched it up and off I went back home.

Well that night I turned up at the pub to play darts, my hand was so swollen I couldn't even grip my darts, I tried a few chucks at the board and the results were useless, one dart hit the adjacent board , one went in the ceiling and the other the floor.

Well the draw was done and we were called forward for our match, I said to my opponent SkewedBall (I wondered why he always talked funny) "look mate I've had a accident I'll have to play with my left hand tonight" well his faced lit up, and he said to me "Awe that's a shame how did that happen" I knew he never meant it he was just being patronising, but who cares.
Well as I was playing with my left hand my scores were not as good as normal, but I still managed to hit 2 x 180's and 7 x 140's and we were only playing best of 5 legs!

Well I eventually won 3 - 2, should of been 3 - 0 but by a strange coincidence he had a friend and fellow team mate marking, I noticed a couple of times that when he was going for a double his dart ended up near the treble and his mate called it in, I didn't worry , just made me more determined.

Well lets hope I get another easy draw tonight, i could do with the cash.
:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
JeroenvdV
Superleague Player

Post by JeroenvdV »

Good luck tonight Paddy.. :CCCCC:
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

JeroenvdV wrote:Good luck tonight Paddy.. :CCCCC:
Cheers JeroenvdV,
Just hope I get an easy draw again, makes all the difference, I'll let you know how i get on,
Cheers Paddy,

slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

was gonna post my nights work but see its becoming a biatch sesh so wont bother :-( turning into a df thread
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

slim wrote:was gonna post my nights work but see its becoming a biatch sesh so wont bother :-( turning into a df thread
sorry slim me and paddy having a private bitch in public, all in jest though, please feel free to post your game from tonight and accept our apologies for throwing the topic off thread
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

fair point apologie taken - drop the sticky tho it aint gonna work here
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

slim wrote:was gonna post my nights work but see its becoming a biatch sesh so wont bother :-( turning into a df thread
Please don't compare it to df, it's certainly not like the threads I've read on there. I have read through the whole thread and can see no reason for anyone getting upset, just a freindly bit of banter between dart payers and freinds. ;)

Anyway while I'm here might as well tell you how the darts went tonight.
I drew a bloke from Frome in my first game and won 3 - 1, it was a very poor game but I did enough to scrape through.
In my second game I played an old adversary of mine, he's one of those players that when he wins sticks his fist in the air and shouts out something like ave some! I find this extremely uncourteous and we have nearly come to blows in the past because of his disrespect.

The game started off OK, I won the first leg against the throw checking 100 out shot, but he broke straight back in the second although I had three darts at a double. The third leg was very close and he won, but in the fourth I had a good leg and equalled it up at 2 a piece.

In the fifth leg he had the throw and he went 140, 100, 140 he then hit a T20 which left him 61 he then hit T15 and just missed the double out, I was still too far out and nowhere near a double and on his next visit he hit D8 with his first dart. On consolation he never give me his usual fist in your face salute which was encouraging to say the least.
All in all it was a good night of darts with some excellent performances by Chrissy Allen and Lee Gregory (Mikes son), I did notice that someone was missing though, I don't know if it was from the embarrassment of me beating him last week, or if he had other commitments but our very own Skewballs was absent from the venue.
Regards Paddy

JeroenvdV
Superleague Player

Post by JeroenvdV »

From what i read is you must have played well, just draw a opponent who was just a little better.. :(

Better luck next time Paddy, thanks for the report.. :headbang:
Welsh Wayne
County Player

Post by Welsh Wayne »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
Please don't compare it to df, it's certainly not like the threads I've read on there. I have read through the whole thread and can see no reason for anyone getting upset, just a freindly bit of banter between dart payers and freinds. ;)

Anyway while I'm here might as well tell you how the darts went tonight.
I drew a bloke from Frome in my first game and won 3 - 1, it was a very poor game but I did enough to scrape through.
In my second game I played an old adversary of mine, he's one of those players that when he wins sticks his fist in the air and shouts out something like ave some! I find this extremely uncourteous and we have nearly come to blows in the past because of his disrespect.

The game started off OK, I won the first leg against the throw checking 100 out shot, but he broke straight back in the second although I had three darts at a double. The third leg was very close and he won, but in the fourth I had a good leg and equalled it up at 2 a piece.

In the fifth leg he had the throw and he went 140, 100, 140 he then hit a T20 which left him 61 he then hit T15 and just missed the double out, I was still too far out and nowhere near a double and on his next visit he hit D8 with his first dart. On consolation he never give me his usual fist in your face salute which was encouraging to say the least.
All in all it was a good night of darts with some excellent performances by Chrissy Allen and Lee Gregory (Mikes son), I did notice that someone was missing though, I don't know if it was from the embarrassment of me beating him last week, or if he had other commitments but our very own Skewballs was absent from the venue.
Regards Paddy

to be fair to the guy Paddy thats a cracking deciding leg.

ww
Like being a twattt ?? So why no Twattt me, I'm on twattter so just Twatttt me on @Welsh_Wayne
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

JeroenvdV wrote:From what i read is you must have played well, just draw a opponent who was just a little better.. :(

Better luck next time Paddy, thanks for the report.. :headbang:
No I didn't play that good, hopefully will do better next week.

Forgot to say that I also found out that we have to play Grubby's team in the next round of the knockout in the Thursday night league. This is a bit of a bummer as we were hoping to meet them in the final, now unfortuately they will never get thet far.

Oh well must be off, got a new batch of weeners coming in today, got to get the pens ready, catch you soon.