Communal Darters Diary

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
Admin
Site Admin/Mod

Communal Darters Diary

Post by Admin »

By request this is the place to put your own darting diary, how you played, your performance and everything else
slim
The Ton Club

Re: Communal Darters Diary

Post by slim »

went out last night thinking i was gonna rock as im throwing really well of late - how wrong was i - got battered . was di 401 and when i eventually got off was scoring well but wasnt getting off for 6 darts sometimes . did have a 12 and a 13 darter and 1 x 180 but was mostly chalking and sat down :evil:
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Good thread this.

Personally I'm going through a real slump at the moment.

Been playing league darts since I was 14 years old (37 now) and have played at County level in the past, but this has been my worst ever spell.

Last winter I won all my league games and had a superleague average of 24, but in the last couple of months I have literally played like a beginner (and a crap one at that!).

Such a frustrating game at times this! Am seriously thinking of calling it a day to be honest.

Share your experiences here guys, this could turn into a really insightful thread.

Lee.
thegabbycabby
The Ton Club

Post by thegabbycabby »

OK it's a month since the doctor put that massive neddle in my wrist and injected the steriods into it to stop my hand swelling up (also had 2 in left hand ) now this was my first tourney back having missed the last 2 grand prix events and really didn't know what to expect, the good thing was this one was like a home game as it was in our pub, I was lucky enough to secure a bye into last 32 where i drew martin a team mate scappy 1st leg missing doubles galore 1 down oh great :banghead: managed to get in front next 3 legs and won 3-1 although had a squeeky bum moment when martin wired bull for a 126 in last leg and i took d8 out 1st darts happy with win but very scrappy. Had to wait over a hour and a half for next game and even laid off the dark stuff :CCCCC: but after missing 3 darts in 1st leg pulled it back to 1-1 and it all went wrong as i let my opponent get to me with his antics , he was stabbing the board with his darts after throwing (only when he hit a badish score) now i know all the dirty tricks of trying to upset your opponent but in all my years i have never done that, ok i shouldn't have let it get to me but sill missed 6 darts in each off the next 2 legs to go out 3-1 .

Onwards and upwards they say and on monday it's the summer league (best of 4 301 double in) and this is a chance to re establish where the hell the double is, then on saturday it's the county play offs for the Winmau masters although i would usually look to get out of these and get to the scottish finals i will go and take it one game at a time. Although i wasn't away from the game that long (about 4 months) it'a amazing how it gets into your head when things dont go right. i have to work on the psychological side of my game and think of happier times when playing. On the bright side we did scoop a whopping £30 on the lotto . keep smiling :D
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Lee Taylor wrote:Good thread this.

Been playing league darts since I was 14 years old (37 now) and have played at County level in the past, but this has been my worst ever spell.

Last winter I won all my league games and had a superleague average of 24, but in the last couple of months I have literally played like a beginner (and a crap one at that!).

Such a frustrating game at times this! Am seriously thinking of calling it a day to be honest.

Share your experiences here guys, this could turn into a really insightful thread.

Lee.
no how you feel bud - i had one that lasted 3 months it was awfull - harder i tried worse it got . and yeah these are good threads and you can get a good pick me up from advice or words given - very sucsessfull elsewhere so fingers crossed .

keep at it mate , im guessing you having the jumps ( flinching during throw ) monkey on your back - its horrible innit , always remember your a good player it will come back on its own accord and usually when you dont care anymore
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

slim wrote:

Lee.
no how you feel bud - i had one that lasted 3 months it was awfull - harder i tried worse it got . and yeah these are good threads and you can get a good pick me up from advice or words given - very sucsessfull elsewhere so fingers crossed .

keep at it mate , im guessing you having the jumps ( flinching during throw ) monkey on your back - its horrible innit , always remember your a good player it will come back on its own accord and usually when you dont care anymore

That's exactly it mate!

At the moment it all feels "awkward" if that makes any sense? I have started to question how I grip the dart, how I stand etc etc. Like you said, the harder you try the worse it seems to get! Have tried all different darts, set up's to try to find something that feels comfortable.
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Lee Taylor wrote:
slim wrote:

Lee.

That's exactly it mate!

At the moment it all feels "awkward" if that makes any sense? I have started to question how I grip the dart, how I stand etc etc. Like you said, the harder you try the worse it seems to get! Have tried all different darts, set up's to try to find something that feels comfortable.
yep been there - dont feel comfortable giving advice to a man of your years in darts but it really is in the head . tinkering makes it worse , stick with your set up and go to the board every time telling yourself your a good player and it will get better and will come back when its ready and never ever go up thinking your sheet !! negative thoughts = negative throws . my slumps usually come when something is on my mind at home - which is often :D
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

slim wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
slim wrote:

Lee.

That's exactly it mate!

yep been there - dont feel comfortable giving advice to a man of your years in darts but it really is in the head . tinkering makes it worse , stick with your set up and go to the board every time telling yourself your a good player and it will get better and will come back when its ready and never ever go up thinking your sheet !! negative thoughts = negative throws . my slumps usually come when something is on my mind at home - which is often :D
All good advice that bud, and exactly what I tell other people!! Just got to put it into practice myself!! :D
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

Lee Taylor wrote:
slim wrote:
Lee Taylor wrote:
slim wrote:

Lee.

That's exactly it mate!

All good advice that bud, and exactly what I tell other people!! Just got to put it into practice myself!! :D
its easy giving it aint it and somehow makes you feel better - not so easy practising what you preach :banghead:
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

well I thought I would join in

Moved to the cotswolds about 4 years ago, the year before I moved I won one of Cardiff's singles titles and lost in the final of another (to a current International so not so bad).

Never played for 3 years as no pubs around me had a board but after a chat with my local landlord he put a board up and we started a team, played well won all my singles games but we got nowhere in the league. We won the summer league and the winter league just gone and I won the league singles tournament (not that I remember much :CCC: )

Starting to play well again but very patchy, could hit a 12 dart leg or a 30 dart leg mainly down to doubles as I am scoring well. Our summer season has just started up again and I have won 3 lost 0 so not bad. Am thinking about going back into superleague but the travel is an issue as I live in the sticks and am totally crap without a few beers inside me :D :D
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
slim
The Ton Club

Post by slim »

nikkiboy wrote:well I thought I would join in

Moved to the cotswolds about 4 years ago, the year before I moved I won one of Cardiff's singles titles and lost in the final of another (to a current International so not so bad).

Never played for 3 years as no pubs around me had a board but after a chat with my local landlord he put a board up and we started a team, played well won all my singles games but we got nowhere in the league. We won the summer league and the winter league just gone and I won the league singles tournament (not that I remember much :CCC: )

Starting to play well again but very patchy, could hit a 12 dart leg or a 30 dart leg mainly down to doubles as I am scoring well. Our summer season has just started up again and I have won 3 lost 0 so not bad. Am thinking about going back into superleague but the travel is an issue as I live in the sticks and am totally crap without a few beers inside me :D :D
your in good company ;)
Darter
Steady Sixties

Post by Darter »

Picked up the ol darts for the first time in a year last November to play in the GSOD qualifier, got stuffed 4-0
went back 2 weeks ago to play in the summer league, sorry to say wont be back, Just not interested in playing
anymore. regular at the scottish , welsh opens, competitions all over west of Scotland, county player for years
Just lost all interest.

Regards Jim.
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Darter wrote:Picked up the ol darts for the first time in a year last November to play in the GSOD qualifier, got stuffed 4-0
went back 2 weeks ago to play in the summer league, sorry to say wont be back, Just not interested in playing
anymore. regular at the scottish , welsh opens, competitions all over west of Scotland, county player for years
Just lost all interest.

Regards Jim.

I know exactly how you feel Jim, but something in me wno't allow me to jack it in just yet!

I genuinely believe you don't become a bad (or goood) player overnight, so it must be worth giving it your best shot?

It's like I need to flick a switch to tell myself I can actually play this very frustrating game of ours!!
JeroenvdV
Superleague Player

Post by JeroenvdV »

I exactly know how you guys feel.. :shock:

I am playing darts for 7 years now and till last season it was not fantastic but acceptable.
Last year i had the worst season you can ever play, still winning a lot singles but my level was near to a beginner.
The last match of the season i suddenly played well and continued it a couple of weeks but right now im back with my level of last season.. :argue:

Last wednesday i played a pairstournament with my best mate (who is not a good player, but it was all for fun anyway) and with the warming up i played near to brilliant and in the matches i could only hit 25, 26 45 that sort of scores. :banghead: (while in warming up my worst score was 60)

I am near quitting at the moment, but i committed myself to a team for next season so i anyway have to play another season.. :(
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

I thought I was doing ok recently but then, of all people, last week I had to play our own Paddy McGinty!

And I could not hit a double to save my life :banghead: :banghead:

Losing to Paddy has left me distraught. I need therapy! :MMMN: :MMMN:

How will I ever get over this!!!!!
Lee Taylor
Site Admin/Mod

Post by Lee Taylor »

Skewball wrote:I thought I was doing ok recently but then, of all people, last week I had to play our own Paddy McGinty!

Do you travel to play in the Dublin Sheep Farmers League on a regular basis Mr Skewball? :roadrage:
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Lee Taylor wrote:
Skewball wrote:I thought I was doing ok recently but then, of all people, last week I had to play our own Paddy McGinty!

Do you travel to play in the Dublin Sheep Farmers League on a regular basis Mr Skewball? :roadrage:
Oh apparantly he was only over on business buying sheep!!!
TROUBLEAGAIN
Superleague Player

Post by TROUBLEAGAIN »

Just like to share- I had 4 darts into a 9 darter tonight still took 20 darts to finish the leg though. Really hope its the start of good things at the oche..
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

That's funny.......I can't remember you reaching a double, let alone hitting one.

:DDD:
:bat:
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

this is a sad sad day for everyone, one can only assume that your coke had been spiked, I mean there is no way that Paddy would beat you without some sort of pharmaceutical aid is there?

Did you wake up in the morning in some barn covered in goats hair?

Hang on a mo, when we played Greg you battered me, Paddy just battered you and I'm playing Paddy at the TSOD open for a tenner, Doh! :HOMER2:
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am