Blyth Valley National UKIP Open

Place your local competition details and details of forthcoming tournaments here
nikkiboy
International

Re: Blyth Valley National UKIP Open

Post by nikkiboy »

Col wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:And by that way of thinking Ginge are Saatchi and Saatchi aligning themselves with the Tories for taking money for advertising? If the PDC take sponsorship for a tournament from a betting firm are they then condoning gambling?
Your hatred for UKIP clouding your judgement here methinks

Dont be fekkin stupid, it would be an horrendous idea for any darts org to align themselves with any political organisation.
What is stupid is people thinking that accepting sponsorship from someone automatically means that you "align" yourselves with their political agenda, you are talking about accepting sponsorship for a tournament not giving them voting powers and a voice in how your company is run. If we are talking about ethics here then accepting money from cigarette, alcohol and gambling companies are worse surely?
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Booji Boy
International

Post by Booji Boy »

nikkiboy wrote:
Col wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:And by that way of thinking Ginge are Saatchi and Saatchi aligning themselves with the Tories for taking money for advertising? If the PDC take sponsorship for a tournament from a betting firm are they then condoning gambling?
Your hatred for UKIP clouding your judgement here methinks

Dont be fekkin stupid, it would be an horrendous idea for any darts org to align themselves with any political organisation.
What is stupid is people thinking that accepting sponsorship from someone automatically means that you "align" yourselves with their political agenda, you are talking about accepting sponsorship for a tournament not giving them voting powers and a voice in how your company is run. If we are talking about ethics here then accepting money from cigarette, alcohol and gambling companies are worse surely?
:roll:
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Dear lord.
Big Jock Knew
Ukip Blyth Valley
Feather Flights

Post by Ukip Blyth Valley »

Ginge
Just for the record its not going to be a political comp in 2020 BUT a separate event,( Blyth Town Open) backed by businesses from within our Town and again if wasn't for stod/tugs help this would never of happened so hats off to them 2.
P.S
Sue Williams will be putting our towns proposal on the Agenda after the Lakeside is finished and as i said earlier, this is about promoting the sport and helping to put our Town/Northumberland on the map.
Kind Regards
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So why do you need the BDO then if not for any financial assistance? Just hold the event and request the ranking points like any other event would, no need for BDO involvement whatsoever.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Jesus, why can't people just applaud that some people are actually trying to put events on?
Ginge you are such a negative fellow it's a wonder you even bother getting out of bed in the mornings.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ifm wrote:Jesus, why can't people just applaud that some people are actually trying to put events on?
Indeed, however there are plenty of town opens that go on all around the UK without any assistance/financial input from the BDO, you know that as well as I do. All they do is apply for points, be it Lakeside points, Grand Prix points and/or England ranking points. So why not the same here? I highly doubt the BDO are going to pump money into a UKIP-organised event, it isnt even worth asking them. However hold the event with the backing of the local businesses and apply for the points, nothing wrong with that.

I can only think of ONE town open that the BDO puts its name to, and that is the one in Wolves and that will only be because Winmau are involved as well.
Big Jock Knew
Ukip Blyth Valley
Feather Flights

Ginge
This is not about gaining financially as we dont seek any financial gain but only publicity for BV/Northumberland and help to bring footfall into our town centre in 2020 whilst promoting the sport in our County. I do not play darts but what i seen in Jan 2015 gave me a vision to try and grow this comp and according to Tab from Darts North East our comp is already the biggest single comp in Northumberland and probably beyond. 188 competitors in 2015 x £6 entry fees, do the maths a loss of £372. Lets not be distracted from the good work the organisers are doing in our region in promoting the sport of darts, I.E Stod/Tug/Tab who i personally only met this year so lets concentrate on the darts rather than the sponsorship.
Kind Regards
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

All very commendable, my point is the BDO are not going to put to assist a political party in putting on a darts event.

As I said, attract the sponsorship from local businesses like you plan to, organise the event as an independently organised event and apply for the relevant points through the British and/or England Darts Organisations. That is the sensible way forward.
Big Jock Knew
Ukip Blyth Valley
Feather Flights

Ginge i haven't got a clue about the BDO or any other darts organisation as i dont play darts and as you are now saying they probably wont touch it BUT i can only try and if i fail well nowt spoiling.
Kind Regards
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

ifm wrote:Jesus, why can't people just applaud that some people are actually trying to put events on?
Ginge you are such a negative fellow it's a wonder you even bother getting out of bed in the mornings.
Spot on.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

spaceman70 wrote:
Spot on.
What is wrong with any of the advice I have posted?
Big Jock Knew
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Ukip Blyth Valley wrote:Ginge i haven't got a clue about the BDO
Well you have contacted them, what are you wanting from them? Money? Their name on the event? Ranking points?
Big Jock Knew
Ukip Blyth Valley
Feather Flights

Just for the record i have had a couple of private messages about advertising elsewhere but haven't got a clue,i was invited to join this group to help answer any questions/concerns some may have.
This is about darts and darts only.
Kind Regards and wishing you all a merry Christmas and good luck for future comps you may be attending in 2015/ 2016
Ukip Blyth Valley
Feather Flights

Publicity for our Town/County. THATS IT
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well if you know Stodfish, I would wager he is the man to ask given he is Mr North-East when it comes to organising darts events up there. Seriously, if you are asking the BDO for money or for them to put the name to the event, the UKIP (or any other political party for that matter, before I get tarred with the UKIP-hatred brush) connotation wont be a goer for them.

Hold it as an independent event and apply for BDO/EDO points if you want it recognised on a wider scale other than regionally in the King/Queen Of the Tyne ranking thing.
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Well if you know Stodfish, I would wager he is the man to ask given he is Mr North-East when it comes to organising darts events up there. Seriously, if you are asking the BDO for money or for them to put the name to the event, the UKIP (or any other political party for that matter, before I get tarred with the UKIP-hatred brush) connotation wont be a goer for them.

Hold it as an independent event and apply for BDO/EDO points if you want it recognised on a wider scale other than regionally in the King/Queen Of the Tyne ranking thing.
He has answered this, yet you still try putting words in his mouth so to speak, he is not asking for money, he wants to up the profile of the event in the hopes of attracting more players.
You need a new pet project.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Well they will put it on the Diary page as an event being held on a specific page, that's probably it
Big Jock Knew
ifm
International

Post by ifm »

Ginge wrote:Well they will put it on the Diary page as an event being held on a specific page, that's probably it
Then that is better than nothing.

Madsocks
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

spaceman70 wrote:
Spot on.
I was only replying to ifm's first sentence.