Pray Silence For The New BDO Events

We just wouldn't let em lie
Murphio
International

Re: Pray Silence For The New BDO Events

Post by Murphio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:36 pm

Ginge wrote:
Murphio wrote:
devosteve wrote:Twas a great time in forum land when: once upon a time the BDO received a call from Santa Clause (real name Warren)...

Loyalty was to be rewarded.
The 'haters' were seething.
10 people could have 20% of the profits, each!
The figures were flipping fantastic.
The players were coming back in their droves.

Hot dogs, cheap beer, big venues and a brand new era! All hail Auntie Sue! This going to plan will save her. If it doesn't then she will fall on her sword or be voted out.......ermmmm!

Superb thread. May have to re:read it!
Here's the funny thing. And it is something Nik references in his sig. Were it not for the ongoing flame war between 'M*shrooms' and 'Fanboys' - Warren may have managed to swindle a lot more people out of their hard earned than he did. I don't think he was expecting the kind of scrutiny he came under. In some ways it reminds me of Craig Whyte and Charles Green at Rangers - they had Celtic fans forensically analyzing their every move. In fact it was a Celtic fan who discovered Whyte had mortgaged future season ticket money to fund his purchase of the club. So in a funny kind of way, having nosey neighbours like Ginge making phonecalls and looking into certain things isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Oi, I didnt make a single phone call! :WWWW:
Fair enough but you have gone over and above the call of duty by asking for FOI requests etc, for example. While this is often seen as shiit stirring - and it probably is - it isn't always bad. Transparency is a good thing. In the case of Warren Brown I do think it helped 'cut a cancer' from the BDO at that time because he was one. A total charlatan who was trying to part ordinary working class guys from their loot with promises he couldn't keep.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:38 pm

I think you are giving forums far too much credit, he would have probably become unstuck anyway.

devosteve
International

Post by devosteve » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:41 pm

Ginge wrote:I think you are giving forums far too much credit, he would have probably become unstuck anyway.
Agree. But how much more damage would have happened if the 'unsticking' had occurred at a later date?

I reckon that Sue and the bDO board owe this forum a word of thanks. And I am suggesting they send to you Ginge, complimentary tickets to a night at lakeside (date of your choice).
Blackburn Life 'BDO world trophy competition' winner.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:43 pm

Buzz Fledderjohn wrote: But I thought forums were evil?
I'm confused.
Forums are the devil, the devil I tells ya
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:44 pm

devosteve wrote:
Ginge wrote:I think you are giving forums far too much credit, he would have probably become unstuck anyway.
Agree. But how much more damage would have happened if the 'unsticking' had occurred at a later date?

I reckon that Sue and the bDO board owe this forum a word of thanks. And I am suggesting they send to you Ginge, complimentary tickets to a night at lakeside (date of your choice).
Wont have any holiday days left :grin:

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:44 pm

But how many exclusive contracts would he have signed before going under and leaving the BDO with the bills

Murphio
International

Post by Murphio » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:45 pm

I have no doubt whatsoever he would have - I think the forensic analysis on forums and social media though allowed him a lot less time then he had. How many more people would have been convinced by his blarney were it not for stuff they read on the internet, twitter, forums etc? Incidentally - did we ever find out exactly who lost out and by how much? I heard there were players who 'invested' in Warren.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 pm

Murphio wrote:
I have no doubt whatsoever he would have - I think the forensic analysis on forums and social media though allowed him a lot less time then he had. How many more people would have been convinced by his blarney were it not for stuff they read on the internet, twitter, forums etc? Incidentally - did we ever find out exactly who lost out and by how much? I heard there were players who 'invested' in Warren.
2 players "invested" £10k was what I heard, obviously the players are never going to publicly admit to doing so. Never heard the same 2 names though so maybe it was b*llocks.

nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:49 pm

devosteve wrote:

Unfortunately they still see it as forums that scuppered the deal and in the case of Frank Warren who was rumoured to be interested they may have a case, in the case of Warren Brown he would have taken all these retainers and fees, booked football stadiums, transferred the cash and left the BDO with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of debts and liabilities. The irony of it all is that knowing what we know of Mr Brown and what he was planning forums probably saved the BDO board and maybe even the company itself, they certainly saved them lots of money.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:51 pm

nikkiboy wrote:
devosteve wrote:

Unfortunately they still see it as forums that scuppered the deal and in the case of Frank Warren who was rumoured to be interested they may have a case, in the case of Warren Brown he would have taken all these retainers and fees, booked football stadiums, transferred the cash and left the BDO with hundreds of thousands of pounds worth of debts and liabilities. The irony of it all is that knowing what we know of Mr Brown and what he was planning forums probably saved the BDO board and maybe even the company itself, they certainly saved them lots of money.
Frank Warren probably ran a mile when he saw Warren Brown was involved, he isnt THAT stupid.

Skewball
International

Post by Skewball » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:07 pm

I am in no doubt at all that this forum saved people like Ian (just for example) from losing money by investing...

:fishing

Garry Murphy
International

Post by Garry Murphy » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:23 pm

I hope ye are all proud of yourselves,

Ye are responsible for killing what was obviously gonna be a "new era".
People would have returned in their droves, for events like the fish finger players championships.

This forum is to blame no doubt

oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:42 pm

Edited by Admin
Last edited by BlueSpark on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Yawn
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:35 pm

The Fish Market on BBC2 now

#newera

ssjsa
International

Re: RE: Re: Pray Silence For The New BDO Events

Post by ssjsa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:11 pm

ifm wrote:
Liam Morris wrote:
ifm wrote:OMG, you know what I'm going to leave this thread, I'm sure the fanboys will rejoice
Good man, I don't expect to see any further pos...oh. Never mind.
I have fitted a breathalyser to my phone now so it's all good :)
Bumped for comedy value.

Great read from page 115. :DDD:

PL 2018 Week 13 Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:18 pm

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Liam Morris wrote:
ifm wrote:OMG, you know what I'm going to leave this thread, I'm sure the fanboys will rejoice
Bumped for comedy value.

It's pretty sad the lengths you go to just to troll me now!
Next you'll be lying about me............oh, hang on........
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 pm

ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Liam Morris wrote:
Bumped for comedy value.

Expected response, as the article below confirms.

Might be some value in you reading it, as you appear to be in a minority of 1 on this forum, in thinking that these behaviours are not entirely consistent with your reactions, responses and input on this forum.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/sp ... ally-think

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:08 pm

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
Liam Morris wrote: Good man, I don't expect to see any further pos...oh. Never mind.
Bumped for comedy value.

Might be some value in you reading it, as you appear to be in a minority of 1 on this forum, in thinking that these behaviours are not entirely consistent with your reactions, responses and input on this forum.

Would you like me to post your psychological profile?
I'll give you a clue, there is a lot about why being a mod gives you a deluded feeling of power.
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks

ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:28 pm

ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote: I have fitted a breathalyser to my phone now so it's all good :)
Bumped for comedy value.

I'll give you a clue, there is a lot about why being a mod gives you a deluded feeling of power.
Please do. Hopefully it will be as accurate as your one above.

Once you do so, perhaps we could start a poll so that the forum members could decide which of the two would be the most accurate, based on our respective behavioural traits whilst interacting on the forum.

ifm
International

Post by ifm » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:31 pm

ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ifm wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
Bumped for comedy value.

Please do. Hopefully it will be as accurate as your one above.

Perhaps we could start a poll so that the forum members could decide which of the two would be the most consistent with our respective behavioural traits demonstated whilst interacting on the forum.
Why do you keep trying to involve others in your little campaign?
Do you not think you will best me alone?

Madsocks

Return to “Classic Threads”