practise/match

All the games and practice routines to help you improve your game
zantoz67
Feather Flights

practise/match

Post by zantoz67 »

hi all
can someone explain to me why i cant transfer my practise darts to a main game when im playing please
Skewball
International

Re: RE: practise/match

Post by Skewball »

zantoz67 wrote:hi all
can someone explain to me why i cant transfer my practise darts to a main game when im playing please
No one can. Once you accept that, then you will.... ;)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
ifm
International

Re: practise/match

Post by ifm »

It's a weird thing, I was always dreadful in practice and much better in matches, the difference is usually alcohol related unfortunately, unless you are a pro most practice sober and play with drink.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

ifm wrote:It's a weird thing, I was always dreadful in practice and much better in matches, the difference is usually alcohol related unfortunately, unless you are a pro most practice sober and play with drink.

I think that's where most of us go wrong, we throw brilliantly sober in practice and then get bladdered and try and play a match.
I remember Taylor saying in an interview once that he had worked out exactly how much alcohol he needed to be in his optimum state and how much to top up with during breaks etc.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ifm
International

Re: RE: Re: practise/match

Post by ifm »

nikkiboy wrote:
ifm wrote:It's a weird thing, I was always dreadful in practice and much better in matches, the difference is usually alcohol related unfortunately, unless you are a pro most practice sober and play with drink.

I think that's where most of us go wrong, we throw brilliantly sober in practice and then get bladdered and try and play a match.
I remember Taylor saying in an interview once that he had worked out exactly how much alcohol he needed to be in his optimum state and how much to top up with during breaks etc.
I know a well known player that has it all timed to the second, first pint at x time, second at x time, adjusted for when they play so that they have had a certain amount by the time they get to the oche, of course it doesn't really work but he sticks to it religiously, it's quite amusing to see him run off to the bar at exactly 10am for his first pint :)

"it's the same trolls spouting the same crap every other post.... you have to be some kind of sad act to watch nearly 8 hours of darts a day for 9 days just to post about how crap it is"

Madsocks
Chef from Sweden
Brass Darts

Post by Chef from Sweden »

ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

I know a well known player that has it all timed to the second, first pint at x time, second at x time, adjusted for when they play so that they have had a certain amount by the time they get to the oche, of course it doesn't really work but he sticks to it religiously, it's quite amusing to see him run off to the bar at exactly 10am for his first pint :)

Curious what would happen if you didn't allow players to drink alcohol 24 hours before a match ;)
It's easy from my point of view, 'cause I'm a non-drinker
Swedish Chef
Brass Darts

Post by Swedish Chef »

^^^^^

Bork! Whosen thisen? Hurdy gurdy!
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

The only way alcohol would be banned is in an Olympics and darts won't be there for a while yet.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Chef from Sweden wrote:
ifm wrote:
nikkiboy wrote:

Curious what would happen if you didn't allow players to drink alcohol 24 hours before a match ;)
Averages in the 80's. :grin:

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner