Doubles Practice Routines

All the games and practice routines to help you improve your game
Underdog180
The Ton Club

Doubles Practice Routines

Post by Underdog180 »

Hi guys, looking to pick a few of your brains here on this one.

I've recently started a new practice routine and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, seems to be making a bit of a difference already. I have noticed though that it's my finishing that lets me down (already knew that, but this has confirmed it :lol:) - I play Round The Board & Bob's 27s as part of my routine, but I was wondering if anyone had any other games that I can give a go and see how I get on.

Thanks in advance folks.
Dicie
International

Re: Doubles Practice Routines

Post by Dicie »

2 @ T20 - double 1
2 @ T19 - D1
1 @t20 1 @ t19 - d1

Do the same for all 21 doubles on the board. See how many you can hit
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

Underdog180 wrote:Hi guys, looking to pick a few of your brains here on this one.

I've recently started a new practice routine and I'm thoroughly enjoying it, seems to be making a bit of a difference already. I have noticed though that it's my finishing that lets me down (already knew that, but this has confirmed it :lol:) - I play Round The Board & Bob's 27s as part of my routine, but I was wondering if anyone had any other games that I can give a go and see how I get on.

Thanks in advance folks.
What's Bob's 27's? I just end up playing round the board and 121.
It's better to be lucky than good!
ChunkIOW
Pub Champion

Post by ChunkIOW »

phil davies wrote:
ChunkIOW wrote:
Underdog180 wrote:Hi guys, looking to pick a few of your brains here on this one.

Thanks in advance folks.
What's Bob's 27's? I just end up playing round the board and 121.
Start on 27 points.

Go around each double 3darts at each.

If you score eg. 2xD1 add 4 points to your score. If you miss with all 3 darts then take the equivalent of that double of your score e.g D1 means 2 of score D10 means 20 of score.

If you get to 0 points the game finishes.

When you've done all 20 doubles (plus bull if you like) see what your score is.

Great doubles practice game invented by Bob Anderson.
Cheers Phil, oh of course, used to play that years ago, will give it a try next time. Seem to remember we used to play as a group on a money night along with the likes of Burma road.
It's better to be lucky than good!
Underdog180
The Ton Club

Post by Underdog180 »

Cheers Dicie, will certainly be giving that one a go.

Bob's 27s is one of my favourite practice games as it replicates a little of the pressure you can be under in a match situation - that said, it can be a nightmare to complete at times!!
neil
Brass Darts

Post by neil »

A video of how to play Bobs 27 for those that dont know.

Check out my youtube channel - England Darts Reviews

quote 'My sense of humour can be quite wicked at times watch this space' Still watching........