Coronavirus Thread

Ginge
International

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by Ginge »

Suppose some people will blindly believe anything.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

Ginge wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:26 pm Suppose some people will blindly believe anything.
Day 1 Social distancing
Day 2 Financial help
Day 3 Boom!
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

Its daft, I feel sorry for the families of those who have lost loved ones.

Has Covid-19 been directly responsible for an individual death? From what I have read the answer in no. It has sped up the process for some with underlying health issues. Sad yes but probably 50% + would have passed away in the next 12 months.
Thinking of one.
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

The medical staff that have died yes. Because they think the high level of exposure has killed them even though they were not in a risk group.
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

phil davies wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm Its daft, I feel sorry for the families of those who have lost loved ones.

Has Covid-19 been directly responsible for an individual death? From what I have read the answer in no. It has sped up the process for some with underlying health issues. Sad yes but probably 50% + would have passed away in the next 12 months.
And where are you getting that 50%+ figure from? Oh that’s right you’ve just plucked it out of the air.

It’s the same with most viruses in that the viruses plays a part in killing you along with other factors the same can be said of almost any virus throughout history. For example Spanish Flu killed younger healthier people more than older people and children as it caused something called a Cytokine storm. All viruses will have people or effects worse than others.

We are just lucky the morality rate with this one is so low as if he had something with a mortality rate more akin to Spanish flu in our more interconnected world in which governments took to long to to put measures in place like they did with this we would be talking of Hundreds of millions dead rather than the likely 10,000s of thousands (possibly over 100,000) we will get from this pandemic.
Clue was the "probably 50% +"

I never stated it as fact its opinion based.

How much is it costing the world economy? As I said very sad for families but is it worth the economic crash for 10,000 - 100,000 deaths were it seems certain a high percentage have underlying health issues. Indirectly it could kill more through poverty long after the virus has gone.
Thinking of one.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

phil davies wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:32 am
phil davies wrote:
The Crusader wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:32 pm Its daft, I feel sorry for the families of those who have lost loved ones.

And where are you getting that 50%+ figure from? Oh that’s right you’ve just plucked it out of the air.

It’s the same with most viruses in that the viruses plays a part in killing you along with other factors the same can be said of almost any virus throughout history. For example Spanish Flu killed younger healthier people more than older people and children as it caused something called a Cytokine storm. All viruses will have people or effects worse than others.

We are just lucky the morality rate with this one is so low as if he had something with a mortality rate more akin to Spanish flu in our more interconnected world in which governments took to long to to put measures in place like they did with this we would be talking of Hundreds of millions dead rather than the likely 10,000s of thousands (possibly over 100,000) we will get from this pandemic.

How much is it costing the world economy? As I said very sad for families but is it worth the economic crash for 10,000 - 100,000 deaths were it seems certain a high percentage have underlying health issues. Indirectly it could kill more through poverty long after the virus has gone.
Load of rubbish as if they didn’t put measures in place it wouldn’t be 10s of thousands it would be millions worldwide. Thus putting pressure on health systems leading to even more deaths etc.

People really need to read up to have a better understanding of virology before they dismiss things. I suggest people watch the the Netflix documentary series pandemic as a basic starting point. People also need to have more compassion for others and be less selfish. We are all one race and are not only responsible for ourselves but others that’s why measures are put in place to protect those it would effect more. Once again if this virus for example instead had higher mortality rates in children or like the Spanish Flu in healthy adults would people be so happy to write people that are dying off and say things like well they would have died eventually anyway?

Anyway rant over just been annoyed by a lot of people’s response over the last few days/weeks. Reminds me of the ignorance and want scene from Dickens a Christmas Carol and how that is still so relevant today.
Well said!
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

The Crusader wrote:
phil davies wrote:

You are alarmingly clueless about all this. I'm leaving it there.
I hope you do end following the guidance and encourage others to do so.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewy has built a pub in his panic room.

"Death to Des" he cheered last night, before ringing Chambers Media to ask questions.
Big Jock Knew
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Finished people off so to say.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Cat
International

Post by The Cat »

Welsh schools to be closed by Friday
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

The Cat wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:34 pm Welsh schools to be closed by Friday
Will they also be closing the leisure centres?

Big Jock Knew
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Makes sense, let's send all the people who have probably got the virus but are showing no symptoms home to mingle with the grandparents who will die from it.

Good work.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:50 pm
Makes sense, let's send all the people who have probably got the virus but are showing no symptoms home to mingle with the grandparents who will die from it.

Good work.
Well annoyed about it. My older boy has GCSE's this year :(

The Government was doing exactly the right thing so far re schools. And the schools seem to be making good decisions - our school is sending home years 8 and 9 tomorrow but keeping in the more critical years. Also all kids who's parents are in front line services can come in.
But the liberal left teacher unions have been banging on about how stressed the teachers are and its not fair on them...! So inevitably the Government will have to back down this week :(
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

English schools wont be far behind imo.

As for teacher stress, try living with one. Stressed isnt the fucking word at the moment, and no thats not because of me. Half the kids off in each class already and classes being merged tomorrow. A full closure will cause even more stress as they have to find a way of sending work out to each child and not every house will have a laptop or tablet to do it on.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:33 pm English schools wont be far behind imo.

As for teacher stress, try living with one. Stressed isnt the fekkin word at the moment, and no thats not because of me. Half the kids off in each class already and classes being merged tomorrow. A full closure will cause even more stress as they have to find a way of sending work out to each child and not every house will have a laptop or tablet to do it on.
well bloody well tell them they 100% guaranteed to have a job to go back to and 100% guaranteed to continued to get paid. I have only got sympathy for people who can't be guaranteed both - and there a lot!!!!
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

My daughter is a teacher, she says its crazy at the minute. Some parents sending kids in with coughs, sneezing etc as they can't afford not to work. Lots of kids off without a phone call so many calls to parents after registration to check their aware their child is off. Many classes less than 50% attendance, staff off ill.

She says would be best if schools stayed open for GCSE years only so pupils could sit apart in smaller classes.
Thinking of one.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:38 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:33 pm English schools wont be far behind imo.

As for teacher stress, try living with one. Stressed isnt the fekkin word at the moment, and no thats not because of me. Half the kids off in each class already and classes being merged tomorrow. A full closure will cause even more stress as they have to find a way of sending work out to each child and not every house will have a laptop or tablet to do it on.
well bloody well tell them they 100% guaranteed to have a job to go back to and 100% guaranteed to continued to get paid. I have only got sympathy for people who can't be guaranteed both - and there a lot!!!!
Oh aye people much worse off with all this (the zero hour mob and all that)
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

The Crusader wrote:My daughter is a teacher, she says its crazy at the minute. Some parents sending kids in with coughs, sneezing etc as they can't afford not to work. Lots of kids off without a phone call so many calls to parents after registration to check their aware their child is off. Many classes less than 50% attendance, staff off ill.

She says would be best if schools stayed open for GCSE years only so pupils could sit apart in smaller classes.
I really hope they do stay open for year 11 and 13 if nothing else.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Same in Scotland.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Very strict rules in schools about staffing levels. When instructions are being given out that people need to stay at home it they show symptoms it's only a matter of time before many schools cant legally operate.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.