Coronavirus Thread

Ginge
International

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 pm Need to decide what I am having when I go out Friday night. Probably decide at the gym earlier in the day tbh.

Any suggestions, Supermod?
In the absence of Sparky being currently on the forum, am more than happy to deputise for him and offer the following advice.

Would suggest you stay home and have a Pot Noodle.
No ta. Given Boris had thrown all businesses under the bus its only right I help suppose a local independent. Maybe do the same and go out for your usual Thursday curry tomorrow.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:44 pm
ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 8:32 pm Need to decide what I am having when I go out Friday night. Probably decide at the gym earlier in the day tbh.

Any suggestions, Supermod?
In the absence of Sparky being currently on the forum, am more than happy to deputise for him and offer the following advice.

Would suggest you stay home and have a Pot Noodle.
No ta. Given Boris had thrown all businesses under the bus its only right I help suppose a local independent. Maybe do the same and go out for your usual Thursday curry tomorrow.
Funnily enough, I was only just thinking about how much I will miss my normal Thursday lunch of Chicken Chat, Lamb Tikka Chilli Masala and ice cream to temper the burning sensation in my mouth. And the 3 pints of Cobra as well.

However, being a responsible member of society, personally don't think I will be enjoying a decent restaurant lunch or dinner for the next sixth months, but will have to make do with a sandwich and copious amounts of bottled Becks Bier. That being said, the latter is dependant on there being stock in Tesco tomorrow.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

So all restaurants are being irresponsible in staying open then to try and earn a living, and they should all shut and go bust? Interesting theory. I dont agree, obviously.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:00 pm So all restaurants are being irresponsible in staying open then to try and earn a living, and they should all shut and go bust? Interesting theory. I dont agree, obviously.
This is the issue when you don't quote the post you are responding to. Had you done so, it would have been clear that the irresponsibility I was referring to was the individuals who blatantly ignore the advice the government have issued.

In terms of restaurants and bars staying open, legally at this stage they are doing nothing wrong by continuing to open their doors, and are entitled to do so for now. It is always difficult to criticise anyone fighting to earn a living, and they have my utmost sympathies, but in this current life or death situation, the safety of the population should be the primary concern for each and every one of us.

BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Just have a vindaloo and stop fucking about
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

ssjsa wrote:
Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:00 pm So all restaurants are being irresponsible in staying open then to try and earn a living, and they should all shut and go bust? Interesting theory. I dont agree, obviously.
This is the issue when you don't quote the post you are responding to. Had you done so, it would have been clear that the irresponsibility I was referring to was the individuals who blatantly ignore the advice the government have issued.

In terms of restaurants and bars staying open, legally at this stage they are doing nothing wrong by continuing to open their doors, and are entitled to do so for now. It is always difficult to criticise anyone fighting to earn a living, and they have my utmost sympathies, but in this current life or death situation, the safety of the population should be the primary concern for each and every one of us.
It was quite clear what you were you suggesting tbh. To summise, you are being a responsible person by not going, therefore they are being irresponsible by staying open in your opinion. Otherwise you would be popping along as usual tomorrow.

Entitled to your opinion of course.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

BlueSpark wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:17 pm Just have a vindaloo and stop fekkin about
A little off topic, but a vindaloo is so much different, depending in which part of Great Britain you eat it.

In Glasgow, a vindaloo is particularly strong and takes a bit of eating, and has a necessity of multiple pints of Cobra or Kingfisher to cool the palate down.

Elsewhere, a vindaloo is not particularly strong, and have eaten one in places such as Brick Lane in London, Bradford in Yorkshire, West Brom in the Midlands and numerous other town and cities, but nothing compares to a proper vindaloo at the renowned establishments in Lanarkshire and Glasgow.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Just getting a pen.
Big Jock Knew
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:25 pm
BlueSpark wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:17 pm Just have a vindaloo and stop fekkin about
A little off topic, but a vindaloo is so much different, depending in which part of Great Britain you eat it.

In Glasgow, a vindaloo is particularly strong and takes a bit of eating, and has a necessity of multiple pints of Cobra or Kingfisher to cool the palate down.

Elsewhere, a vindaloo is not particularly strong, and have eaten one in places such as Brick Lane in London, Bradford in Yorkshire, West Brom in the Midlands and numerous other town and cities, but nothing compares to a proper vindaloo at the renowned establishments in Lanarkshire and Glasgow.
I was once told that drinking beer does nothing to stop the chilli burning on the various parts. Better to eat rice.
'More lice' was the advice.
Not that I ever took the advice much prefer a cold one.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

ChrisW wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:30 pm

I was once told that drinking beer does nothing to stop the chilli burning on the various parts. Better to eat rice.
With the greatest of respect Chris, the advice you were given, sounds more like it was given in a Chinese restaurant, rathervthan an Indian one. ;-)

ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

ssjsa wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:35 pm
ChrisW wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:30 pm

With the greatest of respect Chris, the advice you were given, sounds more like it was given in a Chinese restaurant, rathervthan an Indian one. ;-)
Thai, but yes.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

Is chilli not the same no matter what food it is in.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
waddle147
Pub Champion

Post by waddle147 »

Skewball wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:05 pm
Ginge wrote:
ssjsa wrote:
ILAD wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:26 pm
Ginge wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:24 pm It was an example, calm down lovey.
So you are taking the piss, ok
Yes he is. Ginge is one of those social media posters whose entire existence consists of posting inflammatory comments across multiple fora to incite reactions which make him feel both important and relevant. ;-)

Correction- Also losing copious levels of money to betting firms, whilst articulating he is a successful professional gambler. ;-)
We will have to beg to differ. If people genuinely believe students wont be negatively affected by this, fair enough.
Probably not the GCSE's and A levels students if they get their predicted grades, my boy will be happy with that. If that happens he will not be effected one iota. But yes, other years quite possibly as they will get behind.
When I was at school, most of the kids didn't take mock exams particularly seriously and did next to no revision. All about peaking for the "big day" not the pre-season friendlies, innit?
aka JRWFSL147

Bitter and hardened heart...
Deleted User

Post by Deleted User »

The data on the case numbers and infection rates are a confusing mess. Hitting the hay now but will give you some maths on the outbreak tomorrow, you lucky people.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Most people arent getting tested. So unless you are Mystic meg, dont bother.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Go on Drupes
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

At least Ginge will have some live sport to watch over the next 11 days.

Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Surely all of us would be greatful of some live sport, evenings of late have been dire. This doesn't solve that issue anyway, sadly.
Big Jock Knew
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Ginge wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:55 am Surely all of us would be greatful of some live sport, evenings of late have been dire. This doesn't solve that issue anyway, sadly.
Pretty sure we would all be grateful of some live sport, but horse racing is not it for me.

Looks like Jack Ryan Season 2 all day for me. Finished watching Season 1 yesterday. In fact going to start a thread for recommendations of box sets to watch if we go into lockdown.

Rout
International

Post by Rout »

As someone who doesn't bet much. Theres nothing I love more than a good afternoon of sitting and watching Irish horse racing, just for the thrill of the competition.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.