Coronavirus Thread

TheVillan
The Ton Club

Re: Coronavirus Thread

Post by TheVillan »

Rout wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:33 pm They could always tax those with a few billion in the offshore banks a few quid more. Heaven forbid.
Which problem would that solve?
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

TheVillan wrote:
Rout wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:33 pm They could always tax those with a few billion in the offshore banks a few quid more. Heaven forbid.
I was referring to the aftermath as per skewys post.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
ssjsa
International

Post by ssjsa »

Rout wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:05 pm
TheVillan wrote:
Perhaps a sobering thought for those who form the crack on brigade.

2023 World Championship Prediction Competition winner
2019 Q School Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Weeks 9-16 Prediction Competition winner
PL 2019 Prediction Competition Cash Prize winner
ChrisW
International

Post by ChrisW »

BlueSpark wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:48 pm On an unrelated topic, I see JC has flounced from the danish forum, not posted since Tuesday.
Haha
He must hold a record for most forum retirements.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

ssjsa wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:13 pm
Rout wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:05 pm
TheVillan wrote:
Perhaps a sobering thought for those who form the crack on brigade.

Bradders will be happy. He enjoys hearing about deaths and he will increase his time out
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
The Crusader
International

Post by The Crusader »

No longer in the crack on brigade. Following Govt advice, did crack on until I was advised otherwise.
Thinking of one.
BlueSpark
International

Post by BlueSpark »

Back to work tomorrow, family round later
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

BlueSpark wrote:Back to work tomorrow, family round later
Keen to kill off some the oldies ?
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Who had 26 minutes in the sweep?
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Oops, edit. It was26

Actually, it says 27, and then 26 . Must do it by seconds.
Who knew
Last edited by Skewball on Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Not according to Tapatalk it wasnt. I can't believe you bit to that though ffs.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:Not according to Tapatalk it wasnt. I can't believe you bit to that though ffs.
A joke back is hardly a bite now is it !
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Skewball wrote:
Ginge wrote:Not according to Tapatalk it wasnt. I can't believe you bit to that though ffs.
Hard to split the "jokes" and the "holier than thou" posts around here at the moment tbf.
Big Jock Knew
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

Ginge wrote:
Skewball wrote:
Hard to split the "jokes" and the "holier than thou" posts around here at the moment tbf.
Very true :(
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

For those on either side of the going out argument I would point out that in my opinion the government plan relies on a small number of people defying the lockdown in order to keep the number of infections going but small enough to deal with. Lockdown itself will only work if the is a vaccine developed whilst it is in place that can then be administered to the population. If that vaccine is not developed then after lockdown ends all that will happen is the virus will start up again and the circle repeats itself. As long as one person in the world is infected the risk of it spreading again is real.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Skewball
International

Post by Skewball »

nikkiboy wrote:For those on either side of the going out argument I would point out that in my opinion the government plan relies on a small number of people defying the lockdown in order to keep the number of infections going but small enough to deal with. Lockdown itself will only work if the is a vaccine developed whilst it is in place that can then be administered to the population. If that vaccine is not developed then after lockdown ends all that will happen is the virus will start up again and the circle repeats itself. As long as one person in the world is infected the risk of it spreading again is real.
That may or may not be right. But, individually the best thing to do is to follow the guidelines and not second guess it. There are times when the general public just need to toe the line and not be ignorant enough to believe they can be different.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Skewball wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 am
nikkiboy wrote:For those on either side of the going out argument I would point out that in my opinion the government plan relies on a small number of people defying the lockdown in order to keep the number of infections going but small enough to deal with. Lockdown itself will only work if the is a vaccine developed whilst it is in place that can then be administered to the population. If that vaccine is not developed then after lockdown ends all that will happen is the virus will start up again and the circle repeats itself. As long as one person in the world is infected the risk of it spreading again is real.
That may or may not be right. But, individually the best thing to do is to follow the guidelines and not second guess it. There are times when the general public just need to toe the line and not be ignorant enough to believe they can be different.
It is the most ridiculous thing that we are told we cannot go for a pint, coffee or meal for fear of contact with others yet take one look at the scrums going on in the supermarkets - mad.

Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Supermarkets have to cut the amount of people in at any time.
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
BOOM
Superleague Player

Post by BOOM »

Skewball wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:42 am
Spot on. Some people need to take a long, hard look at themselves.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

oche balboa wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:00 pm Supermarkets have to cut the amount of people in at any time.
Not that it concerns you, your mummy does your shopping. :grin:
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage: