Clap for carers?

Fucci
Brass Darts

Clap for carers?

Post by Fucci »

I just don’t agree with it. They’ve got enough on their plate.
Last thing they need is the public wishing STD’S on them.
Deleted User

Re: Clap for carers?

Post by Deleted User »

Never mind applauding.

Actively help NHS workers by not voting Tory ever again.
ILAD
International

Post by ILAD »

DavidOwen67 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:04 am Never mind applauding.

Actively help NHS workers by not voting Tory ever again.
Ok, thanks.
Des Jacklin: ‘People say the BDO can’t compete with the PDC, but that is the biggest load of crap in the world’

God rest Alf Garnett and Prince Phil.

I used to love cycling but unfortunately I know a man who doesn’t like cyclists. :roadrage:
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Post by Wubbalubbadubdub »

It's always amazed me that in years gone by when the NHS staff have their pay risen it was always knocked back and they were screwed over with a piss poor rise. They are now in the best bargaining position available to finally get the recognition they've always deserved.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:It's always amazed me that in years gone by when the NHS staff have their pay risen it was always knocked back and they were screwed over with a piss poor rise. They are now in the best bargaining position available to finally get the recognition they've always deserved.
And who pays for it? The country is already fucked as the taxpayers will also have to pay at some point for bailing out the self employed and for the furloughing scheme.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Ginge wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:16 am
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:It's always amazed me that in years gone by when the NHS staff have their pay risen it was always knocked back and they were screwed over with a piss poor rise. They are now in the best bargaining position available to finally get the recognition they've always deserved.
And who pays for it? The country is already fekked as the taxpayers will also have to pay at some point for bailing out the self employed and for the furloughing scheme.
MP's can take a pay cut for fekkin a lot of things up, they could also shove HS2 up their arse and a load of other crappy vanity projects that they've got going on. The Unions are going to have a field day as we're bound to have another pandemic within the next 10 years.
They all learned how to use video conferencing so there is no reason for half of these idiots claiming expense by travelling to Westminster and being put up in a nice expensive hotel.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

MPs taking a pay cut doesnt scratch the surface, how much do you think they actually earn?
Big Jock Knew
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Ginge wrote:
And who pays for it? The country is already fekked as the taxpayers will also have to pay at some point for bailing out the self employed and for the furloughing scheme.
How about Amazon, Google, Starbucks, Apple, Barclays, BP, McDonalds, Walmart, Vodafone, Samsung etc etc

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indepe ... html%3famp

If these companies with ultra rich owners paid what they should be paying like the rest of us there be a few more pennies in the jarImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Sunak has already hinted the self employed will have to pay more tax, so I think you are whistling in the wind there
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Ginge wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:37 am MPs taking a pay cut doesnt scratch the surface, how much do you think they actually earn?
Over an amount of time it would be a considerable sum including the expenses(any MP should now ask for the same wages as a basic nurse), but don't forget I mentioned HS2 there is a few billion going spare there.
Ginge
International

Post by Ginge »

Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
Ginge wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:37 am MPs taking a pay cut doesnt scratch the surface, how much do you think they actually earn?
Over an amount of time it would be a considerable sum including the expenses(any MP should now ask for the same wages as a basic nurse), but don't forget I mentioned HS2 there is a few billion going spare there.
True but MPs are hardly on loads when you compare them to, say, the chief executives of local authorities.
Big Jock Knew
Wubbalubbadubdub
County Player

Ginge wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:50 pm
Wubbalubbadubdub wrote:
True but MPs are hardly on loads when you compare them to, say, the chief executives of local authorities.
Yeah, bit of a generalization when i said MP's.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am
Ginge wrote:
How about Amazon, Google, Starbucks, Apple, Barclays, BP, McDonalds, Walmart, Vodafone, Samsung etc etc

If these companies with ultra rich owners paid what they should be paying like the rest of us there be a few more pennies in the jarImage
Most of these funnel their UK profit through EU subsidiaries or parent companies, quite legally under EU law, good news is that we leave the end of the year and people like Starbucks can no long put their UK sales through a portakabin in Luxembourg, Google Ireland, amazon Netherlands etc.
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

nikkiboy wrote:
Rout wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:30 am
Ginge wrote:

Most of these funnel their UK profit through EU subsidiaries or parent companies, quite legally under EU law, good news is that we leave the end of the year and people like Starbucks can no long put their UK sales through a portakabin in Luxembourg, Google Ireland, amazon Netherlands etc.
It's always someone else's fault isnt it Nikki?
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Well as EU law trumped UK law and under EU law it was legal it is hard to blame the UK tax system, unless of course you are an idiot that is.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

Let's look forward to a bright future on the matter, hey..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 32361.html
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Rout wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:50 pm Let's look forward to a bright future on the matter, hey..

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/p ... 32361.html
A 4 year old article in the independent, desperate. However bojo makes it plain that Google are following the rules, those rules being eu rules.

An analogy for you, as anyone who's ever rented a car in somewhere like the USA knows when you rent it the minimum insurance legally required is just a basic 3rd party, not like the 3rd party in the UK as it may not cover medical expenses of the other people and hardly covers the damage.
By law that's all you need to pay to legally drive, most prudent people upgrade that to cover everything but it emphasises the difference between legal and moral obligations.

My view is if a company is trading in the UK it pays UK tax, UK vat and UK wage rates, this happens in most countries around the world, the single market meant that you could sell something in the UK and filter that transaction through the lowest tax country in the EU, legally it was correct but morally it was corrupt, it will and has to end.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It's much more complex that you are indicating. Yes, you have a point but the EU have massively clamped down on tax avoidance since 2018 with new stricter laws coming in all the time in the last 2 years. In fact, many conservatives and leave campaigners have openly admitted it's because of these impending changes that they wanted out, so that they can continue to flout the system and minimise taxes.

Each company has it's own quirks. Amazon for example, the biggest reason they arent chipping in enough is because they are paying their staff with shares of an arm of the company. When that share price rises, the more tax they can write off and avoid. And because its amazon its rising all the time. It's got nothing to do with the EU. In an earlier article posted the UK is the front runner in the number of havens (17000 I think), which are down to our overseas territories like the caymans or the British virgin isles. We dont need to be in the single market to present opportunities for corporations to flount and for the ultra rich to hide their wealth, we provide these people with all the opportunities to do do in our own territories. Because the system has been set up that way from decades of plutocracy. And it is not going to change under a government that has always and will always be the party of the wealthy. It simply is not in their interests to do so.

Its predicted that in just a few years time, one in five British consumer pounds will be spent on Amazon. Let's revisit then and see how coming out of the EU has changed how these corporations and elites ho about their businesses and how they're now paying their way as you suggest.
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

Routy I hate to pull your theory down especially after all that googling but just buy anything from amazon and you will get an invoice from Amazon s.a.r.l. which is based in luxembourg, now I say based, that's where the head office is, now I say head office, its a plaque on a door of a small office building. Did you know that Amazon EU's operations are actually directed from offices in the USA?

The effective rate of tax on amazon's eu turnover is just 7% due to a deal struck with the duchy.
The question you need to ask is why a product bought on amazon.co.uk which is warehoused in the UK, shipped in the UK, delivered to a UK address by a UK courier is deemed as a transaction that has taken place in luxembourg?
Single market rules, simple. Ignore the smoke and mirrors and the "some leavers have said"...... bullshit.
As for British overseas territories they are self administered for tax purposes, always have been but what you will find is that in the case of the cayman Islands the transactions are financial and not physical, a loan for example is not stored in a warehouse in Milton Keynes and delivered to the end user by a driver called Terry, they are wire transfers and as such have no physical location so can be based wherever the bank chooses. The overseas territories are a great benefit to the UK economy.
Rout
International

Post by Rout »

It's not a 'theory'. Google blah blah put the Guardian down blah blah woke leftards blah blah. When I read this it makes me think of you Nikki.
ImageImage
"Deserved Better"

GM, 2021.