Adams is a bottlejob

Heard a rumour? - Post it here
Wookiee
Pub Champion

Re: Adams is a bottlejob

Post by Wookiee »

Oh dear, things seem to have degenerated somewhat. And I was so sure that this thread would turn out to be a friendly discussion. :lol: :lol:

Just a couple of points:
Paddy McGinty wrote:MARTIN ADAMS CAN'T BE BOUGHT
Er, but he has been bought, hasn't he? Bought by the offer of a relatively easy winner's cheque at every BDO major.
Paddy McGinty wrote:How can it have nothing to do with Barry Hearne, isn't he Taylors manager?
And what is Fatz to Martin Adams?
Paddy McGinty wrote:Just spoke with my BDO freinds over the phone, they tell me that the reason that Martin pulled out was that he found out that taylor was secretly getting paid 4 times what Martin was getting, just for turning up, what a complete disgrace!!
What if Taylor's exhibition fee is simply four times higher than Martin Adams? It's been recorded somewhere that he put his fee up massively a while ago to try and reduce the number of bookings he gets, but it had the opposite effect. We all saw what Beardy's pulling power was like at the hugely successful Tour of Champions, or whatever the thing was called. :shock: :shock: :?

Or maybe you think it's ok for him to demand a massive hike in his fee, just because of who he would have to play?
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Paddy,

Answer me this, were the players asked how much they wanted to do the exbo or told how much they were getting?
GtotheF
International

Post by GtotheF »

A Martin Adams thread causing a disagreement amongst our membership.

Who would have thought? :DDD: :WWWW: :DDD:
“In every chalker’s life, a mistake is made that defines who you are and if you can handle your shandies” OzzieB May 2011.

Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Ted Hankeys Cape wrote:Adams is a magnificent player.

No name drops required by the Wolf.
Thank you THC, I'm glad there's somebody else brave enough to stand up for the BDO, their players and their supreme service to darts in this country.
Just think how much balls and moral standing the legend "Wolfie" most have to resist the call of manicured poachers, known to many as the PDC.

Three Cheers to Wolfie........The man they couldn't buy!!
"What a Fecking Catastrophe!!"
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

Thank you THC, I'm glad there's somebody else brave enough to stand up for the BDO, their players and their supreme service to darts in this country.
Just think how much balls and moral standing the legend "Wolfie" most have to resist the call of manicured poachers, known to many as the PDC.

No doubt Adams is a fantastic player also no doubt you will not answer my question.
Ross
The Ton Club

Post by Ross »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

I could buy him by going through his website and setting up an exibition.

Just like the event manager did for this expo, But Adams has pulled out because the BDO tier have advised him to. Either because he will get smashed all over the board, Or in the event Wolfie wins and enjoy's it he might switch and leave the BDO with nothing.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

spaceman70 wrote:Paddy,

Answer me this, were the players asked how much they wanted to do the exbo or told how much they were getting?
At this stage I can not give you a honest answer to your question so i'm not going to fabricate a clever reply. I only spoke briefly with my loyal contacts, and did not recieve that exact information. All I know is that they were supposed to be pulling an equal share but later it came out that this was not the case.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:

At this stage I can not give you a honest answer to your question so i'm not going to fabricate a clever reply. I only spoke briefly with my loyal contacts, and did not recieve that exact information. All I know is that they were supposed to be pulling an equal share but later it came out that this was not the case.
So you are telling me the organisers promised an equal share then went behind their backs?

Fabrication.....Yes.

You were wrongly informed.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

spaceman70 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

How do you know this? this info came from a BDO Player
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

Paddy McGinty wrote:
spaceman70 wrote:
Paddy McGinty wrote:

How do you know this? this info came from a BDO Player

Did it come from anyone involved in the exbo evening? I think not.
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

Well the truth hopefully will come out in the end, and if I'm proved right I expect an apology from all of you Martin Adams knockers.
A true champion of the free championship!!!!!
checkmate
County Player

Post by checkmate »

I'll answer that question for you, like everybody else who does an exhibition adams was given an offer and accepted simple.
and for the doubters who think he had never agreed, well i have seen the TXT(no bottle to phone) he sent saying he was under pressure to pull out.
ted hankey has agreed to take his place so it will still be a good night and as far as i can see the only person missing out is martin adams after all it was only an exhibition.
this might have been a great opportunity for a slight melt in the cold war
Paddy McGinty
International

Post by Paddy McGinty »

I'm off to feed me goat now, I'll let the rest of you talk about how great the PDC is.
Ross
The Ton Club

Post by Ross »

Paddy McGinty wrote:I'm off to feed me goat now, I'll let the rest of you talk about how great the PDC is.
Because you have just been proved wrong.

If someone from the BDO is happy to replace them, It shows either A)The player has bottled it B)He has been advised to pull out.
spaceman70
Player Sponsor Member
Player Sponsor Member

Post by spaceman70 »

checkmate wrote:

I'll answer that question for you, like everybody else who does an exhibition adams was given an offer and accepted simple.
and for the doubters who think he had never agreed, well i have seen the TXT(no bottle to phone) he sent saying he was under pressure to pull out.
ted hankey has agreed to take his place so it will still be a good night and as far as i can see the only person missing out is martin adams after all it was only an exhibition.
this might have been a great opportunity for a slight melt in the cold war

As you say Martin Adams is the one who loses out. It would have been a fantastic match up of 2 fantastic players, and what a few select fans who could have bought tickets a night to remember. Organising bodies playing the heavy hand and pressurising players into loss of income is just wrong.

He should have said to them you give me the £x I would have got then? The answer would have been we can't afford to do that! to which he should respond 'Well I'm playing then'.
oche balboa
International

Post by oche balboa »

Wookiee wrote:Oh dear, things seem to have degenerated somewhat. And I was so sure that this thread would turn out to be a friendly discussion. :lol: :lol:

Just a couple of points:
Paddy McGinty wrote:MARTIN ADAMS CAN'T BE BOUGHT
Er, but he has been bought, hasn't he? Bought by the offer of a relatively easy winner's cheque at every BDO major.
Paddy McGinty wrote:How can it have nothing to do with Barry Hearne, isn't he Taylors manager?
And what is Fatz to Martin Adams?
Paddy McGinty wrote:Just spoke with my BDO freinds over the phone, they tell me that the reason that Martin pulled out was that he found out that taylor was secretly getting paid 4 times what Martin was getting, just for turning up, what a complete disgrace!!
What if Taylor's exhibition fee is simply four times higher than Martin Adams? It's been recorded somewhere that he put his fee up massively a while ago to try and reduce the number of bookings he gets, but it had the opposite effect. We all saw what Beardy's pulling power was like at the hugely successful Tour of Champions, or whatever the thing was called. :shock: :shock: :?

Or maybe you think it's ok for him to demand a massive hike in his fee, just because of who he would have to play?
Get that tongue out of Phil Taylor ar se mate
TSOD World Grand Prix Prediction winner 2017.

"Who gives a shit" - Borespark about every Darts event since 2021
slymaster
International

Post by slymaster »

Paddy - just for you!

mancdart
The Ton Club

Post by mancdart »

Im expecting Wolfie/Fitz to come out and say they turned it down and are going to do exbos in aus against ANTONY FLEET.

Martin Adams will see out his playing days against weak players before putting on his maroon blazer.
nikkiboy
International

Post by nikkiboy »

mancdart wrote:Im expecting Wolfie/Fitz to come out and say they turned it down and are going to do exbos in aus against ANTONY FLEET.

Martin Adams will see out his playing days against weak players before putting on his maroon blazer.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ginge wrote:the cancer has been cut from the BDO
21st April 2016 7:01am
Mr Glass
County Player

Post by Mr Glass »

nikkiboy wrote:
mancdart wrote: Martin Adams will see out his playing days against weak players before putting on his maroon blazer.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
If the above sentence said 'weaker' instead of 'weak', then the post wouldn't be too far from the truth.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know what the scariest thing is? To not know your place in this world, to not know why you're here. Elijah Price